Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-24-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
I'll be down in Houston for three weeks visiting my wife before i head off for Iraq. Her family is down there and so I moved her back to live with them for the year I am gone. I have my boat stored down there now as well. What is the water temp on the Trinity like this time of year? Can I trunk it? Also, if anyone is interested in getting a pull, I will be out on the water pretty much everyday that I can from the 9-21st. Hit me up if anyone wants to ride.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-24-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Shouldn't be too bad. Temps here are in the upper 70's for the remainder of the week, although it's going back to the 60's for the weekend. I'm sure someone can chime in with the actual water temps, but I read on another forum that it was mid 60's. Hope you enjoy it, and thank you for your service.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-24-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
I rode there on sunday. Water was glass about 63 and Air temp was 59. If the air was in the mid 70's I would trunk it. I have four wet suits but your time frame I think you will B o.k. But I did see one guy out there wearing a dry suit .Right now i'm free the 9-11 and 16-19 and can pull or take one no matter to me. I ride usually north above Lake Livingston @ the HWY 19 bridge about 35min north of Conroe. Where do you put in @ ? My crew and I are planning to go again this sunday so will have updated info for you then.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-24-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
Luke,

I have never put in there. I lived in San Angelo, Texas before I moved to Virginia. I moved my wife down there last month because I am leaving and she is pregnant so I wanted her near family. When I moved her down there, I took my boat from Virginia and stored it in Houston near her. So, I have never rode in Houston or used my boat there at all. Luke shoot me your contact info and we and we can hook up and ride.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-24-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
PM sent
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-26-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
I live on Lake Houston and ride the upper san jac...haven't in a few months but will start riding again soon.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-26-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Adam,
Water is great, as long as you have a 3:2. If you ever wander up north or want to hit me up.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-03-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Mike,
We are headed to the River on the 9th if you want to ride. Send me a e-mail or look under the Conroe Texas find a third thread.