Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-10-2006, 4:42 AM Reply   
I have put a new stereo and amp set up in to my boat and am fitting a second battery. We are fitting a perco switch and also a splitting diode to be sure to be sure. If anyone could give me any advice and wiring diagrams that would be great.
Cheers Rob
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
They have wiring diagrams on the perko website. Check your voltage after you install the splitting diode???? you could see a voltage drop of up to 1 volt.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-10-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
If you have a voltage drop. you will need to relocate the sensing wire on the alternator. I found this out from a dealer of battery isolaters.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-10-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Have you searched the archives? There is lots of information. It on the page right under ^Sponsors.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
If your just using a Perko switch and have your stereo hooked (both positive and ground) to your #2 battery and the switch is on #1 will your stereo pull from battery #1 or battery #2?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Here is a detailed discussion on wiring up a second battery. This has diagrams and plenty of directions...

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3557
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
I've used the isolator in the past and don't like the fact that your not able to isolate the batteries while the baot is running.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
adam, depends on the isolator doesn't it?

it's my understanding the yandina c100 i had installed will isolate ANY time the starting battery drops below a certain voltage--no matter if it's on or not. and will continue to keep them isolated until that battery regains a charge to a certain level?

it's a combiner/isolator though. i could be wrong, but that's what i thought.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
bruce, you are correct abtou the isloator/ combiner. I was reffering to most of the isolators everyone else is using. the combiner is the way to go along with the perko switch.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
right on

i don't know why more people don't use that little yandina c100. i guess because they're running more than 2 batteries i suppose. it's tiny and it's ignition safe, at least the 100amp one is. plus it's only like $60.