Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-28-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
me and my dad want to put stickers on our 04 centurion cyclone. we were gonna do a volcom sticker. i wanted a rather big volcom sticker below the rub rail, and he wants one a little smaller above the rub rail. does anyone have any cool pics of any boats with stickers and/or below the rub rail? please help!
Old     (sbruns)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-28-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
are those gel coated in or something like that? becaue i know those come in from the factory, but i am worried about putting one below the rub rail and it rubbing off.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-28-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
I put a few stickers on last summer...they didn't rub off or peel or anything...I wish I knew where to get some bigger ones. Upload

(Message edited by festivus on February 28, 2006)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
My old prostar had a few on it...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/acurtis_ttu/album?.dir=3449&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-28-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
I have had one below the rub rail for over a year and it hasn't started coming off at all. I'm not sure what would make it come off.

The ones on the supra are just stickers
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-28-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Anyone know of a good place to get nice stickers? Wakeside.com has some, but....
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-28-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
Don't put stickers on your boat unless they're sponsoring you. If they're not hooking you up you shouldn't be hooking them up. JMO
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-28-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
slap a big wakeworld.com sticker on there, cause they're hooking us all up for free...
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       02-28-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Adam
Did you buy that prostar from a guy named Josh that drives a black Expedition?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
yep, most of those were his sponsors. it was a good boat, I only had it for a year. it's now in idaho somewhere.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-28-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Ii will now have about 3 Wakeworld stickers on my boat thanks to Dave with Wakeworld. After guessing that trivia questions correctly, he was kind enough to send some stickers and a tee....they will be on the boat next year.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
Adam
Josh is a cool dude but he wanted to sell me that boat for $15k. You're new boat is sweet and where exactly was you're pro file pic taken at. I live in the sugarland area. Looks nice where you were at.
SORRY FOR THE HIGHJACK
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Festivus -

Check out www.decalfx.com I just ordered a few random decals from them in a few different colors to see how they would match my boat. They look really nice and look like they were done at the factory. Unfortunately, most of their decals are audio or automotive related, so most are going on my trailer, not the boat. I think they can make any logo you want, at any size, if you request it.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-01-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Scott- that is absurd. You are saying that putting non-sponsored stickers on a boat is goofy or wrong? If I was waiting for a sponsor, Malibu would have to take it's own stickers off. What is wrong with putting some Hyperlite or CWB stickers on there if that is what I am riding?
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-01-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
My Outback is like a floating billboard.

Got huge Indmar, Moomba, Gravity Games, Inland Surfer and USA Waterski decals on each side of the hull.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
absurd in your opinion, not mine. It's free advertisement. If a company hooked you up I'm all for it. I just don't think you should throw a huge Hyperlite sticker on your boat just because you shelled out $500 for one of their wakeboards. Like I said JMO, don't take offense.

We should all have WW stickers on our boats.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-01-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
I hear ya Scott, but you are probably sponsored? I just think the right sticker can break up a solid area on the boat nicely. People who put Harley Davidson decals in the rear window of their truck aren't getting paid by HD, it is more of a personality statement, right? And that hog costs more than $500. Or what about the Mastercraft or Malibu decals you always see in the rear window? That's like four or five HD's. So why is it so absurd putting a decal of the manufacturer of a board or rope that costs practically nothing on a boat? Not trying to stir things up, I guess I sort of agree that it is crazy that people will do free marketing. Maybe those of us who will never be given anything free by Hyperlite or Straight line want the decals so we can feel better about ourselves.
Can you get WW stickers off this site?
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-01-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Also...
is it weird or wrong then for those sponsors to lay decals all over the Supra Gravity Games edition? Or is it OK since they were free, or is there automatic sponsorship when you buy the boat? Just wondering...
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
where can i get some wakeworld stickers
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Yeah WW stickers are for sale: http://www.wakeworld.com/products/ scroll to the bottom of the page
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
nope, definitely not sponsored. It's all just a matter of opinion and preference. It makes me cringe to think of someone putting .50 sticker on a $50k boat unless the company is paying them or hooking them up. Do what makes you happy though.

...I don't want to touch the Supra thing. All I can say is I think they have a beautiful boat hidden under all those stickers.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-01-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
True. The good thing about stickers is, with a little heat, they peel right off. I hear you though man, I hear ya. .. I agree, that is a beautiful boat.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-01-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Aaron, check your email.