Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
I figured I'd hang around for a bit and check this place out. Cool place, but I'm a little out of my element here. Definately dig the boats and the stereos though!

If I can make a small suggestion to the membership here. If you guys are looking to modify your boats in any aspect, you should definately check out the performance side of things before just blindly buying some off the shelf part that everyone else has. The heritage of wakeboard boats, comes from the performance world, and damn near every peace of new "technology" has been done for years, or was done years ago in the performance world. It's a large untapped resource of parts, and knowledge that would definately lend itself in some areas extremely well to wakeboarding.

By that I mean, I've been on here for less then a week, and suggested a sea strainer. These are common place in the performance world, and it seems like nobody has ever even heard of one over here?

The idea of doing something "custom" like a custom made ride plate seems so outlandish, but people do it all the time in performance V-Drives. Custom Guages, Bezels, shifters, speaker grills..

Why not make your boat your own? There is a grip of machining in the wakeboard world, but it seems like only the mfg's are doing it. Realize that there's 100's of shops out there doing there own machining/fabrication, so if you have some idea for your boat, and nobody makes it, then hit up some shops outside of the wakeboarding world.

Visit some online places like

www.danamarineproducts.com

www.rexmar.com

They all make bitchen billet battery boxes for the banks of batteries you guys must be running for those stereos. They also make countless other products that you'd find applicable for your boats.

Other shops like Get Real Performance have made things like Custom Billet hold downs for various Generators (for large stereos) and other miscellaneous items that transcend both the performance world, and the wakeboat world.

http://www.getrealperformance.com/

www.primemarineusa.com

That being said, I'm out.. Peace in the hood Party people! Hope to see some of you out tearing it up in Parker this summer.

By the way, If I can be of any help in anyway in the future, feel free to e-mail me riverdave@rivertoys.com

I've been around the custom world for a long time, and I know a thing or two about fabrication and machining. ;)
RD

(Message edited by riverdave on May 31, 2007)