Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-28-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Does any one have or have used the byerlys? looking for feedback because i want to get a pair of 05's!

Thanks
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-28-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Can't go wrong. They're dope. Check the archives for past threads. There are tons out there.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-28-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
I just got mine last night, they are sick. I haven't rode them yet but I did wear them for about a hour in the house with no pain what-so-ever, I think that is usually a good sign, considering they haven't been broken in yet. I think this is the best year yet, the new materials are really nice. They even come with new "Bling Bling" gold claws.

I'll try to post pictures soon.

Major props go out to Tyler, Josh, and R.J. @ Wakesports for going above and beyond to make sure I get the equipment I need, and of course for the killer deals they hook me up with.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-28-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
I went from 01 Belmonts to 04 Byerlys and really like the rear lace over the front lace. There are no pressure points and they are much easier to get in and out off. Have had no problems with BOA. I did re-check the screws that hold the wire ends and the wheel also when I first got them. They are a little slower going in than the Belmonts. I've learned to close em up quite a bit after I ride, then next ride I just use some lube to get in and then it's just a few turns to get em tight. It's really nice to be able to adjust as you ride or when waiting for the boat also. They look very durable but time will tell.
Old    byerly137pro            01-28-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
I also have them, I find them really easy to get into and they only need water for me. The best part is if they start coming loose during the ride you can bend down and tighten them. I haven't had any problems with the BOA system, not to mention that these bindings look killer.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hey,
I am debating on whether to get the new Byerly bindings or the new LF Sphynx, because i like the quick insert of lace bindings, but i've had troubles with uncomfortable bindings in the past. I bought a pair of 04 Spin bindings, and the top corner of the bindings will dig into my ankle when the tounge twists around, so i've been a little iffy about buying another set of hyperlite bindings. just windering if anyone could give a little insight onto which they think is better.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-09-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
I ride byerlys as well as some other bindings. The byerly fits my style of riding. Pretty comfy.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-09-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
Lloyd - You can't base your judgment of the whole Hyperlite line of bindings based on your experiences with their low end boots. The differences between the high end (pro model) and low end boots are quite substantial. I suggest you try on a few different styles of binding from both manufactures and see what feels the best to you, because no two people have the same foot.

Here are some pics of mine on my new board.

Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Thanks Shawn,
I know I can't base the low end binding experience to the whole line of bindings, but I don't really want to kick down 2-300 dollars for a pair of bindings that might not be what I want. I guess I'm just trying to get some info from others so I don't get stuck with an expensive high-end binding that I don't like.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-09-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
Like I said the best thing you can do is try on as many as you can before you make your decision.
Old    vern            02-09-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
lloyd,

bindings make the biggest difference in the world. I rode a pair of crappy bindings and if you like spraining your ankle all the time then they are a wonderful thing. If not, I suggest dropping 2-300. Take care of them, they will last a long time. Mine have lasted 3 maybe 4yrs. Can't remember. If you want to you can ask your local board shop to fill you in on information you need, or ask here.