Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Centurion Boats’ sponsored Kyle Bush win, makes it a double feature at the “Centurion Boats at the Glen”
NASCAR Race Weekend.

WATKINS GLEN, NY – (August 10, 2008) The Kyle Bush win from the pole supplied a double feature for Centurion World Championship Tow Boats this weekend in Watkins Glen, New York.

The weekend began as a rather normal NASCAR Race weekend except this weekend embodied a “boat company” as a Sprint Cup (feature series) Title Sponsor: Centurion Boats. Banners went up, race rigs arrived, marine and automotive press found their stations in the new Watkins Glen Media Center and all looked as it should. That is, until the drop of the green flag, at the Saturday NASCAR Nationwide Series race.

Upload

For more info

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Centurion-Boats-sponsore-t353.html
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
I've alwasy thought ski/wakeboard boats and NASCAR was a strange combo? Who over at ski centurion thought this was a good demographic?

My idea of the typical NASCAR fan does not fit the buyer's profile of a $65k+ ski boat. Am I wrong?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-12-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
i think there are plenty of fans with money, especially the ones that attend the races. $65K gets you alot of Centurion!
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Sam - You are very wrong about Nascar's demographics. over half of the races are run outside of their stereotype southern redneck tracks. Nascar claims they have a demo of 60% Male, earning over 75k/annum with an average of 2 year college degree. That demographic ranks higher than the NBA, and NFL.

For advertisers and sponsors, Nascar delivers the most loyal brand user base in all major sports. Sponsors and advertisers claim they retain more consumers from this ad spend than any other promotion. As a boat and car tie-in, I don't really see how the spend and ROI is wise based on the dollars spent. Centurion must see something in the basic Nascar demographic to justify this sponsorship. Centurian either has a CEO who loves racing to the point he is willing to sacrifice such a large part of their profits, or they are investment spending to build their brands.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
A 65k boat is a farily large chunk of change for a family that let's say makes combined $150k/year with 1/2 kids.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Flak, I was just curious, figured someone on here woudl know something.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Sam, I take it you have never been to a Sunday Nascar Race, if not, I urge you to go. You will either love it or hate it...no in between

To your question, yes you will always have the demographic that looks like they can't afford next years team race jacket...but then again you never know based on appearances.

I'm pretty sure that the fans that are being flown in by helicopter to their motorcoaches on the infield would not blink an eye at the cost of an inboard ski boat. These people are buying fountains and cig's that can start at a quarter of a million and go up form there.

There are plenty of people that attend NASCAR that can afford a 65k boat...I would venture to say multiples more that those that attend the biggest wakeboarding ournaments

NASCAR is most viewed event in the US....why wouldn't a company like Centurion advertise. They get alot more per person exposure than they would at a wakeboarding tourny per say.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-12-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
I agree.....although not a die hard fan, I watch occasionally and can't fault ANY company for trying to get a piece of that pie.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-12-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
I always see an x-star at supercross races. Nascar is a much bigger stage than Supercross. Guess mastercraft made the same mistake.
Old    walt            08-12-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
NASCAR has really diversified it's fan base over the last few years.