Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
I'm in the process at purchasing one of these boats and would like some constructive advise on ppl that currently or previously owned one of these before on what they think of each? Or if they compaired them before buying. I've noticed one of the biggest things that set the two apart are $$'s, as such is the reason i'm looking at the 20 ssv. thanks
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Any advise anyone???
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
I own an 2006 X2 and love the boat. No issues and actually rode behind a 22ssv in a competition a week ago and have to say I was not impressed with the wake. Narrow with a huge ramp, no soft transition like the X2. I have a total of 2000 lbs in the X2 and the wake is perfect for all level of riders. Money is always the issue, but there is a reason you pay top dollar for an MC. Fit, finish, quality plus design make the X2 a great choice.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
virtual test drives for both those boats are here:
http://waterskimag.com/virtual_boats.jsp
Old    willytown12            08-15-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/469509.html?1186942087
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-15-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
dan is right, don't get me wrong supra makes a nice boat, but lets face it guys..steak costs more then hamburger : )
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Good info keep it coming guys...
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-15-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
rg,
If you are seriously comparing the Supra with the MC, you need to ask yourself..."What do I NEED in my boat?" Whether it be space, wake, stereo, size, cost, ect. One the biggest things when comparing these 20ft boats is the overall spaciousness. Hands down the X-2 is one of, if not the "roomiest" boat of the 20ft class. You'll truely notice the extra space with the "SuperFly Bow" in the X-2. Roughly 30%-40% larger than most other "V" style bows. Althought the MC has an amazing amount of seating, they do not elimite storage. Two huge rear storage compartments are not taken up by ballast tanks, MasterCraft uses ballast tanks that go horizontal with the boat, not verticle, giving you more storage. There is also a TON of standard options on the X-2 that supra does not offer, IMO the biggest being the Stereo. Four JL Audio cockpit speakers, 10" JL sub, and a JL amp, all standard on the X-2, I am not exact on what Supra offers for their standard stereo, but I can tell you that the JL Audio is outstanding with the X-2! I guess I could go on and on, on why I personally feel that MasterCraft makes a better boat than Supra, however I am sure there will be many to disagree with me. Honestly, the only real way to truely tell what boat is best for you is a water demo, there you will be able to judge performance, wake, ect. Hope that this info helps you out!}
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Everything Jake says is true except for one thing. The stereo, screw the overprice JL and get some wetsounds!
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Thanks nws, im looking to demo both here in the next few weeks since Ill be buying this fall. I understand most that own them will lean to there own vs the other, but am curious to what ppl have to say on there experiences. Since owning one tells alot more than just demoing for 1 day.

Has skiers choice fixed the cracking of the gel coat on there boats that they had a few years ago? The only thing that is kinda steering me away from the supra is the dealer in town since one of my co-workers hasnt had good experience with them.

That said, I have herd good things about this other dealer.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-15-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
The dealer is just as important as the boat you choose.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Willytown, I like it, Id be intrested if it wasnt all white.
Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Supra has the most standard features on the market, better resale, the wakeplate gives you a ton of versatility as far as wake shape whether all around watersports, smartplate technology and a ton more you will see when you demo it.
The 20 lacks seat height as compared to the X2 as well as overall interior room, but you have to give to get with these boats. The X2 is a little rolly to me versus the 20 which is very stable on the water. MC dishes out the back of that hull on the X2 and it makes it a little wobbly feeling versus having solid tracking.
The MC was very loud on the interior. Sound resonated a lot throughout the hull. The Supra is much quieter.
Both manufactures build great boats. Demo both and see what you think. Obviously I am a little more partial to Supra, but have dealt with both through the years. Then when it comes right down to it work with the marina that you think will take the best care of you.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
The X2 interior is quieter when you put the removable carpet back in. Wall to wall carpet will always be quieter as in the 20. Brian is right check out the dealers !!!
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I compared Supra and MC when I bought my boat. I was between the 21V and an X2 though. I went with a 21V and have been happy overall, had a few issues that I feel were unique to my boat, but thats another story.

I saved over $20K going with the Supra over the MC and didn't feel that I gave anything up outside of the name. We have a great time in and behind my boat and have been doing so for two seasons.

I would highly recommend comparing the 21V and the X2 vs the 20SSV. The 20SSV is a smaller boat than the X2 feeling wise.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-16-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
It is all in whether you want the look. The supra will serve your needs just as well, but it won't look near as sweet. So is the look worth an extra 15k?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
The look plays into it with every MFG if it didnt we would all be in wakeboats with no tower just a skylon, no graphics or bling what so ever. and driving Daewoos.
Kinda like all the wanna be rednecks with huge wheels and tires on there 4x4's. Most of those trucks never even see the off road.
Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
I agree with trainwreck. The 21V is a sweet boat and would be much more comparable to the X2 as far as interior room. The surf wake as well as wakeboard wake on the 21V is sick. I hydrofoil as well and i like being able to load the boat up then put the plate down at least 1/2 to take the lip off. You can get more ballast in front also with the playpen seating. Nice are to chill out in up front to. Another cool thing with supra is that you can put bigger bags in by just plugging them into the existing system. Huge cooler to fill...major bonus. Good luck
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
isnt the 21v close to the price of the X2 though? Plus i need it to be 20ft long no more since storage will be an issue.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Worth a thousand words!

Upload
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
I agree love the MC boat!!!! Just priceyyyyyyy
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-16-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
worth a thousand words.... 21v wakeUpload
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, but that guy is only 3'6" Diggs!!

(Message edited by lionel on August 16, 2007)
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
does that 21v have extra ballasts?
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
The wake (surf/wakeboard) is awesome behind the 21V.

If storage is an "issue" then take into consideration that including the trailer a 20SSV is 24.8 and a 21V is 25.2. 4" shouldn't make or break your storage. Fold the toungue. :-)

You're getting a MUCH MUCH MUCH more desireable boat with the 21V over the 20SSV. Go look at them in person and you'll see what I mean. When I was looking in July of 06 the MC was $21K more than what the 21V cost me. I paid around $48K for mine new, the X2 was over $60 on sticker.

I happened to have the Supra comparison open because I'm looking at trading into a new 22SSV.

As far as looks go, to each their own. I love that MC pictured above and it stopped me in my tracks when the guy posted pics of it originally. BUT, I love looking at my 21V floating in the water too.

(Message edited by Trainwreck on August 16, 2007)
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
There is no way that is stock ballast or that is a leprechaun. Its big, and it can be steep, but that is the reference point being tricky on that pic.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-16-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
we ran 2300lbs all plumbed and hidden... that is at 70' and yeah he is short.... maybe 5'9"ish... 23 mph
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
That wake is nice, how does it compare to the 07 22 SSV IYO Diggs?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
Trainwreck--actually im putting it in a 2 car garage. As such will only have 21.9" of room, thus I will have to fold tounge, and take off platform, I know it sucks but I dont want to have to build a new garage. The X2 with those two removed is 21.6" just making it fit by inches the 20ssv will just fit as well. Thats only why I have it narrowed down to these to.

Is there anyother mfg's/models you guys would recommed me looking at that have 20ft boats?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-17-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
I've owned a 22SSV and 2 MC's. Both have their +'s and -'s. The only thing I'll say about the x2 versus the 20ssv is that the interior of the ssv seems 10 times smaller than the interior of the x2. In the ssv you can tell you're in a 20 ft. boat. In the x2, it feels like you're in a 22 ft. boat. If you don't need the space, then not an issue. That roomier interior obviously comes with a hefty price tag.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
I like the X-2 a lot (pretty much my favorite boat aesthetically), and the cockpit interior is huge for a 20' boat, but the bow is for midgets. My left foot barely fits in there. Bow space isn't that important to most, but I'm just responding to the people saying how much bigger the X-2 bow is compared to most boats. Uh.....no. X-Star bow = massive; X-2 bow = teenie weenie. My legs literally had to be in my chest.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
X2 bow is not teenie weenie at all. I test drove a Supra and can say its a nice, but the quality is just not as nice. But hey it would seem I am biased.

Upload
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Jeff how tall are you 10ft?? Im 6-1 and I noticed more leg room in the front of the x2 vs the 20ssv. As well as my legs were no where near my chest.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-17-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
haha so rg, which one are you leaning more towards?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
well I like both, leaning more towards the X2 (GF likes better as well, but Im trying to keep an open mind since I havent bought it yet), X2 has alot more bling--awesome boat, Love the price of the ssv but not as flashy. I will be reporting soon as I test drive both.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-17-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
awesome, post some pics for whichever you decide on!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
I love my X2, lots of room and handles great!!!!
Upload
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-18-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
Man, it's amazing how two different people can see two entirely different things. Eye of the beholder, ownership goggles, etc., etc.. I have nothing against MC (I own one), but the X-2 bow is the smallest of the dozen or so 20-22' inboard wakeboard boats I've been in. Maybe it technically has just as much square footage because of its relatively large width, but it feels cramped, no question. I am 6'4" though. I've only seen a 20SSV (never been in one), so the X-2 bow could very well be bigger than the 20SSV; all I'm saying is, compared to the other 20-22' inboards I've been in, the X-2 bow is "teenie weenie".

(Message edited by jcv on August 18, 2007)
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-18-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
P.S. The miniature bow (along with the smaller than usual sundeck) allows the cockpit to be relatively HUGE for a 20 foot boat, so that's a sacrifice I'd make any day of the week.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Heres a couple pics of the "teenie weenie" bow in my buddies X2. Although I'm not 6'4" I'm still an average 5'11". This doesnt seem too teenie weenie to me. A little bit short front to back (maybe) but width and depth is awesome. Jeff just buy one and you can always sit in the driver seat and not worry about the bow.
Upload
Upload
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Jeff what do you expect to get in a 20ft boat? Your 6'-4", that is a 1/3 of the boat length. This isnt no cabin cruiser... To be able to accomidate 11 people at once is impressing in it self especially for a 20ft boat. When we sat in the 20ssv we would only fit 2 ppl in the bow, the x2 allowed for 3.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Again, no disrespect intended. The X-2 is one of my dream boats, and the small nature of the bow (front to back) doesn't bother me in the slightest, nor would it change my mind about purchasing an X-2 if I had the money (I wish). I spent less then 5% of all boating time in the bow; if it were up to me, I'd make the cockpit as big as humanly possible, shrink the bow, and fill it all with ballast. I only meant to say that I've been in similar sized boats with bigger "feeling" bows (albeit not the 20SSV), so I apologize if my words came out harshly.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
Billy, when I find a used X-2 for $28k (so like 15 years from now), I'll be in the driver's seat of one in no time.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
the new x2 is a awesome ride.... it is a BIG 20'boat with a great layout and wake..
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Jeff-- I wasnt trying to cut your statements, (no disrespect taken or intended) just wanted to understand your arguement.

The price is something in its self, as the MC dealer stated, "Mastercraft doesnt care about the price, they just want to have the best." (i.e. poor dont apply). I find it sad price wise, but i guess thats there objective/mission.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
btw, the new 20' x-2 has a bigger interior than any 21' out than i am aware of... it is more spacious than my 21' cc 211...

mc did a awesome job with the x2...
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Love our X2- we usually fill it with everyone (8 plus) every weekend and there is plenty of room for more.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-22-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Its good to hear you plan to test drive both. How it feels for you is very important. You are the one forking out the cash for it.

I will say that there is no better surf wake than a properly weighted 2006+ X2. I have surfed many and few compare. I have surfed many Supras as our local Supra dealer is pretty good and there are a few on our lake. Its always funny to see people's face when they first get behind mine. I have been told the Centurion Enzo will do better but I am still waiting to see it (matt!)

A lot of people don't like the X2 wakeboard wake and I have to think most of those don't have it weighted correctly. I have never heard anyone complain behind mine. It is sometimes easy to weight it incorrectly, but enough have done it now that there seems to be a stated consensus on the right way to get the best wake. I rarely have a problem.

The X2 is enormous inside. I love the snap out carpet and honestly keep the carpet out except in the winter. Wish all boats had that.

It handles rough water better than most and it a pleasure to drive. Yes may feel a bit rolly comparatively, but I think the overall feel is a little sporter than your typical loaded down wakeboard mammouth. Feels more nimble weighted I guess. I like it. I can still just cruise the lake and it feels sporty, a lot closer to my old 190 than other wakeboard boats. But handles rough water better. MC have a tight throttle that others dont have.

Dash design is seond to none I think. Love those toggle switches. Graphics are timeless. I am suprised so many are getting the large flamish X with the little 2 in the middle - I think all the flame and tribal graphic options on the newer mastercrafts make them instantly look 2-3 years old. I like the clean lines. Obviously a lot like em since MC still offers those graphics as an option.

I have friends with Supras and I like them. Our Supra dealer is good and I will certainly give Supra a hard look when I buy my next boat. Probably one of the best values out there for sure. Before my last two MCs I had a Supra.

uh too many typos to correct - live with it
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-23-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Andrew's boat does throw a nice wakeboard wake, I saw them out tonight and it looked to have plenty of ramp and plenty of lip. I dont know what kind of weight he's added to the boat, if any.

I was in the black 22SSV w/a white deck. You "knew me" when I had the white 21V. Nice riding also.

I just picked up a new 22SSV and the wake is very nice. I know its not what you're comparing it to, but like Andrew said, the value is there compared to other boats of the size and caliber that you're comparing. I hate that you're letting the garage size captivate your options for the "right" boat.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
I wish I didnt have to have it that way, but Tainwreck- really dont want to have to add on another garage just for the boat. Plus we are only going to have the most 5-7 ppl in the boat at one time, so the 20ft boats fit the bill perfectly. Furthermore the larger I go the harder to launch on smaller lakes. Thanks for all the continued knowledgable info guys
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
have you looked at the malibu vtx at all? if your set on a 20 footer. full ballest and power wedge its a mean wake. and it falls just about in the middle price wise between the other 2. just a thought nobody get pissed at me
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-24-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
trainwreck - that wasn't me out there. I havent been out since saturday. was it black (rich)? the red one (drew) wasnt out that i know of cause i have his prop still.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-24-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
and mine is loaded down. custom x2 fly highs in the rears, integrated bow sac in the front, 5 pop bags (40 lbs each) and usually 600 in the floor, but sometimes also a 400 in the nose if not enough people. I have been trying to ride with less weight lately though - saves gas, less impact on others, etc. I can get just about as much pop. Its a trend I feel we all should start considering. Don't always load it to the max every time. most of us don't need it everytime.

that being said i still love riding a huge wake
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Hrmm Andrew... Maybe it was black! ha ha!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-26-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
X-2, is it lake rule that it has to be a 20 ft. boat?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-26-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Rg just go with grade A, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
ok, guys went an test drove the X2, gf loves it. The new LCD display is just plain sick-everything is intergraded in it (awesome). Sooo many other features its too much to list.

That said, I think were going with the X2, I havent been able to get in the supra, but gf doesnt want to even go for a ride, kinda sucks. Furthermore the moomba dealer here in town doesnt order anymore 07's and only has one left (ugly color). And will not be able to get an 08 until next spring (wierd). But I guess.

So in the mean time I need to see exactly what options-colors-etc that we want to get on the X2. I think this is going to be the hard part. Thanks for the input
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-26-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Did you say girlfriend doesn't want to go for a ride in the Supra? Usually wives have a say, but GF?!?!

Its hard not to fall in love with a Mastercraft, they are put together so incredibly well and have all the bells and whistles. I would take a look at Malibu's VTX as Bryan mentioned above. Its a great boat & IMO has a better wake than the X-2.
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-27-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
MC is a great boat.....but I looked at all of the options (X-1, X-2, V-Ride...etc.) before buying my 20 SSV. I found that for my needs and budget...I got more options and quality for less money with the 20 SSV. A lot of these guys sound like salesmen because they always want to talk about fit and finish. I have just assisted a friend in buying an '07 X-Star and it is a great boat.....but as I look closely at the boat and the interior I identified many things that I thought Supra did better than MC with respect to "fit and finish". I like the X-Star but I like my '06 20 SSV for tens of thousands less!!!!!
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Big-why does it have to be wives?? Is there a law saying that you have to be married before they can have a say? Shes paying half so she has say :-) FYI: my'd as well be married its been 7yrs...

Malibu is cool but they seem to have a smaller interior room than the X2. Plus the tower sits too low which I have to bend down to get under it(sux). Price wise is very close to the X as well.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-28-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
my girlfriend at the time (now my wife and girlfriend - dual duty) had input on mine.

I would still say try to test at least one other boat. Will help mitigate buyer's remorse if you start to not like anything on it or it has problems.....

It's a great boat and you will certainly love it.

as a side note i rode in a tige rz2 this weekend and was impressed. I have never liked the dash in tige and there were other pluses and minuses, but the wake was good. smooth driving boat too. a little off topic, but ..... i suppose it is comparable.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-28-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
That Tige looks exactly like an X-Star passing by on the water. I love the color scheme! Welcome to thread theft! LOL

Back on topic....GO LOOK AT THE OTHER BOATS! Don't just drop an extra $20K or MORE without going to look. If the girlfriend doesn't understand the concept of more money in the pocket for same ultimate outcome then maybe you should reconsider her input!
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
Trainwreck is right...go look at more boats! I was dead set (wife too) on buying a 23 Malibu and ended up with a Supra 22SSV. Price was not an issue but one just felt right. I can't imagine not having the boat I chose.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
I think were going to do so just to make sure this is the right one, of course its like looking at a cadilliac then looking at a dodge though-- hard to compare--
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-05-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Its really not like looking at a Cadillac and a Dodge. If you look at a Supra vs a Moomba its like looking at a Toyota vs a Lexus or Honda/Acura. They are similar boats with more or less BLING.

When you compare MC, Supra, Malibu, Tige, ect you're comparing USEABILITY for your personal needs. Dont go looking around with an ego, go look at them for what they are. They will all get you on the water and get you where you want to be: behind a wake boat.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Just drove a brand new 07 supra 20ssv. Was not impressed at all. Engine was knocking and making stuttering noises. Around 15-20mph the dash and engine shook like crazy as if something was bent, maybe prop? Ask the sales guy if this is normal and he stated he never notices this(he is part owner, concerning).Seats were hard and not as plush as the x2 and vinyl seemed cheap IMO. Middle locker for the ballast bag when full opens the floor cover and you have to releave water for it to go back down (just dumb design). To select PP or other features I pushed the buttons twice before they would enguage (cheap buttons, I had to press very hard for them to accept functions).

Prior to test driveing the supra we test drove the X2 two times (two different boats one 07 & one 08) everything on both test drives preformed excellent. Fit and finish was next to perfect. Everything was sound. Only slight concern is that supposedly the VLCD screen has been having some issues. However we didnt notice any on our demo.

Overall Im happy we went out and checked out both boats. It just reaffirms that we want fit and finish and are willing to pay the extra 10-15k to get it. Thanks guys for the info it helped me to get her out... Now we wont have regrets should we have issues, knock on wood....

Spell check not done live with it
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
Welcome to the club.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-06-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
so whats the status rg...any pics????
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-06-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
were going with the x2, just need to figure colors will be buying before dec 31st since we get a discount then. No pics until next spring :-(
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-06-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
I test drove them both as well. Had almost same comments about Supra. I would add that we had a little chop and we got soaked on the Supra with a lot of water over the bow. 10 minutes later test drove X2 in exact same conditions and no water at all over bow and no one even had a drop on them. Also the seats in Supra are really low. We went with X2 and willing to pay the extra for it.}
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       09-11-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
great choice post some pics!