Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-23-2011, 4:43 AM Reply   
So... I just had the pleasure of driving to Houston and back to pick up my new set of Rev 10's. I will make this review pretty straight forward. I left a 3:30pm Wednesday and arrived home safely at 5:30am Thursday so Im sorry if it's no quite as in depth as David's review @ Earmark.

Me leaving Austin with Pro 80's on.

Had to stop and refuel, this should get me another 300 miles.

First off, these things look amazing out of the box, they look much more up to date in comparison to the Pro60/80. I give them 5/5 stars in the style department.

I also got my hands on a set of the first LED rings that Wet Sounds is manufacturing in house. Wet Sounds is now manufacturing their own LED's as well that are extremely bright. From what I heard they will be offering them in the near future. It looks like a ton of time/money went into tooling these rings as they are injection molded and not made like most rings - lexan. The LED strips they are using are also super bright and have more LED's per inch than most of what I have seen out there. The new Rev speakers have a step in the grille so you cannot make rings like the 60/80's. The rings have to have a step so the grille mates into it and another step for the led strip. From the looks of it, it would be really tough for a dealer to make them. There is a small amount of drilling involved to hook these rings up. A small hole is need outer rim of the speaker to run the power wires. My only suggestion for Wet Sounds is to offer these speakers predrilled for the customers out there who dont want to mess with getting their Dewalt out. It took about 2 min on each speaker. I give the rings/LEDs 5/5 stars in the quality/craftsmanship department.

Rev 10 ring

My old Pro 80 with lexan LED ring...no comparison to the Rev 10

Close up

By the time we got everything hooked up I was it was quite late and there is a neighborhood that backs up to the the shop. Right as im about to rip on them Tom at Texas Stereo looked at me and me and said no, not happen'. Im sure I would have woken the whole damn neighborhood up but oh well. So i turned them up about 1/4 way and followed DaveEarmark foot steps. Turned on Stevie Ray Vaughan. Texas Flood to be exact(we need rain). The sounds were very smooth, soft, musical and nice mid bass punch even at low volume. I caught myself still listening to the towers alone after a few minutes. Funny thing is I left the in boat speakers off with no subs. That is usually the first thing im trying to crank up. I cant give you guys an actual review on how they really sound b/c i need a chance to tweak some things and let the speakers break in. Apparently they need 10-15 hrs of break in before the mid bass driver really starts to sound good. So I left my iPod on and left the volume at 1/4 way up and I drove back to Austin with them playing. I figured i may as well break them in on the road...

Ready to hit the road.

I will follow up later today with a more detailed sound review and better photos. So far I'm really happy with the upgrade! Big thanks to Tom @ Texas Stereo and Tim @ Wet Sounds for making this happen! It's 6:45am now I need to get some rest!