Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (dvigzz)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-20-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Always down to ride! My friend and i go out almost every day in Sherman/ New Fairfield. Usually a problem trying to find a thrid. Let me know if anyone is interested in riding/spoting. Also if you can dive as well thats a plus! You can reach me at vigzz@gmail.com">Dvigzz@gmail.com
Old     (shankthat1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
Dave,
I usually ride out of NH but now that summer is over I'm back home in Stamford. If you're still going out and have a few weekends left let me know, definitely would be interested in checking out Candlewood.

I'm a very competent driver, been driving both I/Os and inboards for almost 10 years now.

Unfortunately my gear was left up in NH, but I may be back up soon and hopefully grab them.

Can shoot you an e-mail with more details.
Old     (undercover_poe)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Nice to see antother CT post! But you guys can't give me Candlewood. If you guys come to the smooth waters of Zoar - drop me a line, always looking for drivers/spotters on the weekends.
Old     (dvigzz)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 11:03 PM Reply   
Awesome water on Zoar!!!

I would love to take a trip there. Any sliders or kickers over there?

Adam i probably have gear you can fit into.

I live in White Plains so im a hop away from stamford.

Def shoot me an email with more details!!!
Old     (shankthat1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-25-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Dave,
I'll shoot you an e-mail tonight, I'm around all day Sunday if you're looking to get out on the water.

If not we could definitely look into next weekend. How's the water up there these days anyway?
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-28-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
Or lake lillinonah, longer lines than zoar, and as long as its not the weekend no debris.
Old     (witness140)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-29-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
Poe you crack me up. Smooth waters of Zoar on a weekend? Maybe this time of year when it's cold and everyone has gone home - but when it's prime season? LMAO. I'll take any water I can get. See you guys out there.
Old     (undercover_poe)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-03-2009, 6:12 AM Reply   
C'wood is unride-able compared to Zoar. Never road Lilly but would love to. Still 2 more weeks of bathing suit riding so don't winterize just yet! See you out there!
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-04-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
Lilly when there is no debris is so much better than zoar because it isnt quite as windy. not nearly as many hazards either (not that zoar is terrible, but if smeone launched their boat they might wham the sandbar or something).
Old     (witness140)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-04-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
"when there is no debris" :-)

j/k. I love all the local lakes. Never really boated on Lily, just flew the floatplanes there occasionally - and debris was a big problem. And we aren't talking about your garden variety rogue 2x4 either there - we are talking about some big stuff that floats through there compared to the lower 2 lakes.

(Message edited by witness140 on October 04, 2009)
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-04-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's actually a blessing that lilly has that stereotype though. The weekends is when debris tends to be worse, but you get the occasional weekday when the water is not too great for watersports. It has gotten alot better recently. Thanks to a few groups like Friends of the Lake (FOTL) who have pushed for better conditions for the lake.