Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old    stillstandin            04-05-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
I took my sons up to Don Pedro this weekend, no boat, just to camp and enjoy ourselves. Im on the shore line, enjoying the peace and quiet, and spending some quality time with my two sons. Nobody really on the lake except for some fishermen who were there for a tournament. A white and yellow MB sport, with tinted windshield puts his boat in the water, and BLASTS some profanity filled rap music. You could hear it a long way away.

I have a very nice stereo system in my boat, but I am respectful. It is one thing to play music loud ( no 2 Live Crew) at the boat ramp in the middle of summer on a Saturday when it is noisy anyway. But to do it when it is VERY QUIET, and to play cuss filled garbage, is just plain disrespectful.

I would like to thank the idiot in the MB for me having to give a conversation to two young boys about some words I would have like to had to explain when they were a little older...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-05-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Doesn't really sound like a big deal to me. More wakeboard boats then not blast loud rap music. It sucks that you weren't happy that there was profanity but that pretty much comes with wakeboarding and rap music. When we are on the boat we just plug the ipod in put random on and sometimes comes on rap with profanity. People like to listen to music when they ride. Part of the sport.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Pumping that bass gets me stoked but definitely at the appropriate times like you said.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Craig, I'm with you on this one. Forcing other people to listen to profanity laden lyrics isn't cool IMO. I crank my tunes but I have a "clean for boat" playlist on my ipod.
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Graig I agree with you. Loud profanity filled music on a nice quit day is what gives wakeboarders a bad name to many people (IMO). Don't get me wrong I will play some music from time to time that is not the best for kids to listen to but I don't play it when kids are around or on a quit day when sound will travel all the way across the lake. That is also the reason why many places are starting to hand out tickets for loud music.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Also, Kyle, I fail to see the connection between wakeboarding and profanity... can you enlighten me?

I'm not saying I don't have similar music on my ipod but now that I have kids, I totally understand Craig's position.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       04-05-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
I feel embarrassed for people who play music with high level profanity at ear splitting levels. It's not a good look/sound and instantly you become the least liked boat on the water. Over here I believe you can get booked for swearing in public.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-05-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Even after this post, I cant figure out why there are so many people who want to see wakeboarding banned from certain areas. Is it the devastating wake or just the few ignorant people who have no respect for those around them and give all of us a bad image. You have to use a little common sense out there.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
I see both sides of it for sure. It's my right to play my music out of a high quality system that I paid a lot of money for. To me its also part of the whole wakeboarding experience that I enjoy so much.

At the same time I think there are certain places and times that you shouldn't play loud music let alone with a lot of profanity.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
I know anytime we're riding with the music up we make a knowing choice to play clean stuff.... loud music alone gets mean looks let alone loud music that is vulgar.

I do anything I can to keep our town/area from starting a noise ordinance of any type... and it also just reflects poorly on wakeboarding.... if people think that wakeboarding is all punk kids it just leaves a bad taste in people's mouth.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
I'm with Craig.

Loud Music=good

Profanity= Bad
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-05-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
"profanity but that pretty much comes with wakeboarding and rap music."

how so?
it is people who play this kind of crap in situations like this that give wakeboarders a bad name on the lake. play whatever when you are riding. play whatever in the party cove. but if you are just launching your boat on a quiet lake, keep your music to yourself. no one cares who you are, and if you want people to look at you, become a stripper.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
I'm with Craig totally on this one...

Kyle- people with values like you are bad for the sport... look at the demise of the sport compact car culture...

Fools with big ego's ruin it for all!

Music=good

Profanity= Bad

Also be mindful of the volume in cottage areas....
Old    K.B.C.            04-05-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
"Doesn't really sound like a big deal to me. More wakeboard boats then not blast loud rap music. It sucks that you weren't happy that there was profanity but that pretty much comes with wakeboarding and rap music. When we are on the boat we just plug the ipod in put random on and sometimes comes on rap with profanity. People like to listen to music when they ride. Part of the sport."

Fully and completely disagree with this statement. It's probably the reason I hate tower speakers and the majority of "wakeboarders" on the lake with them. Don't be disrespectful to other people, plain and simple...

(Message edited by sperbet on April 05, 2009)
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-05-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
I like listening to music when I ride..... but there is a time and place for it.

Especially not in front of a campsite where people are camped. Now if your in a lone cove partying and someone comes in, they are the ones who should leave. But when a group of people is camping and cant leave, be respectful. Its not hard to drive your boat somewhere else.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-05-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
I'm with Craig...

The water belongs to everyone. That doesn't mean that you should act like it's yours, but act like it's everyone else's.

Think of it this way: What if the bass boat on the lake kept buzzing you and chopping up the water... Annoying, right? Not apples to apples, but it's essentially taking advantage of the same right that we have to play loud, profane music.

Listen, we all hate the guy who blasts Lil' Wayne at 110db. Let's not be him.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
I am with Craig. We listen to music through the tower only when a boarder is in the water. We play it only loud enough for the rider to enjoy. No reason for everyone on the lake to have to listen to it. Absolutely no profanity played, you never know who is listening. I try not to play it too loud I am afraid some day soon we will be limited to noise levels from our systems. I have a 2000 w wetsound system and don't run it to its potential.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
I have taken the speakers off my boat, but when I had them I played mostly blues, country, and some really clean classic rock. This one time right after I installed them I was cruising around with them going. Had a lil blues traveler cranked up. Went passed a group of fisherman about 75 yards away and they start yelling and waiving me over. I didnt want trouble but I decided to go talk to them. They said they really enjoyed hearing blues for a change and they handed me a beer! It was a REALLY memorable moment. That being said, it could have easily gone the other direction. Im with craig, speakers will continue to give us a bad rap. Unless you are litterally in the middle of no where (my profile pic) speakers tend to just annoy people. It gave me a headache too, even when behind the boat.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-05-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
This is a nice little reminder for me as we have just gotten tower speakers on the boat. I agree that excessively loud music and profanity are uncalled for. Glad to hear that everyone is looking out for the sport.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-05-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
The only time i ever blast music for everyone else to hear is on 4th of July when i DJ for the lake :-)
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
Kyle, you make me laugh, or want to cry. You see nothing wrong with being inconsiderate to others? You say that loud music and profanity pretty much comes with wakeboarding? Dude, the guy was camping with his youg children!! And since when does loud music and profanity 'come with wakeboaridng?' Cause you listen to it?

So if I sit next to you and your sig other at a nice restaurant and talk on my cell really loudly, with profanities, thats cool? Or come to your house and oark in the street listening to blaring Pop music while you are having a cookout with your parents, family?

WTF, that attitude baffles me, makes me ill. Use your head for something besides holding on your helmet.

(Message edited by seanmcd on April 05, 2009)

(Message edited by seanmcd on April 05, 2009)
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-05-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
sean calm down you dont live beside him maybe people on his lake are cool with it... i have never had a music complaint yet and i blast all day long i know on my lake people enjoy it they yell out song request!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-05-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
Sean, i happen to never even blast music when I'm riding on my boat, but there are tons of people on the lake who do and my friends do on their boat. Look at every single person on here with a system on their tower. They blast music, and the majority of them are blasting rap music. That is all that it is, music, nothing more nothing less. It really isn't a big deal. Rap music has a lot of cussing in it, and then on top of it you are riding in Norcal where rap music on the water is almost a part of the culture. You think Vandall is blasting the Backstreet Boys?? Nope.
I have no idea how old his kids are either, but with television nowadays, myspace, facebook, and music, they are most likely exposed to cussing. To add on top of that, they might have thought they were the only people on the lake. Craig was camping on the shoreline with no boat, therefore the MB probably didn't even see him. And as for disrespecting the fisherman, SCREW the fisherman. Those guys at least on my lake intentionally are pains in the ass and love to plant right where we run our passes.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
Dave, I am calm, believe me, and I really would't need you to calm me down anyway. But thanks.

In regards to your statement that "you dont live beside him maybe people on his lake are cool with it"

I would suggest that if you give it some thought, you would realize that the issue is not Kyle's loud music, it is the fact that the loud music and profanity was offensive to another person. Obviously Craig was not 'OK' with the guy in the MB. Wouldn't you agree?

Loud Music and profanity = OK as long as no one minds
Loud Music and profanity that bothers other people = Not OK

Get it?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
I'm a house junkie... no cussing...

Heck with RAP and such it has brought soo much corruption to society it is unreal!

Sex, Drugs, Violence, Guns... THIS IS NOT LIFE! This is fantasy land!

sorry to be a hater but you know how much better the world would be without rap and such?

Reggae, House, Alternative, classic Rock, Country is happy music!
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
Kyle, I agree. As long as no one minds, good to go dude. But your comment was not about the loud music, it was that you didn't care that someone else was offended by the music. You indicated that you didn't care.

Thats the difference dude. Being inconsiderate is not cool, loud music is very cool.

Thats the difference.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-05-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
I agree with GregBodor.
I <3 house.

greg u need to swing by MTL to witness the house clubbing scene!
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-05-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
people cry to much.. bring ear plugs.. lol
Old     (sclick55)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
"SCREW the fisherman" And the fisherman probably feel the same way about you Kyle. So nothing is accomplished. I won't say that you have no point, because you do. Profanity is all over the place now, the exposure rate is higher. However, that does not make it ok. At work I swear, at home I don't. If someone feels the need to use their high powered stereo in my neighborhood to let me hear what they consider to be the utmost quality in modern music of any kind, I am very tempted to use my high powered rifle and share what I consider to be the utmost in accuracy in modern firearms :-)
Not them, just the speakers! Perhaps the boat didn't see them, or any of the fishermen on the lake. If so my response is "situational awareness". Pay attention to your surroundings. Exercise courtesy and restraint and you will find that people will usually do the same for you.

(Message edited by sclick55 on April 05, 2009)
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
Pete- ha...MTL..is good.. I love Toronto! Though Beach Club's ibiza is pretty sick!

We have the legendary Guvernment and the famous Comfort Zone..

Decadance this comming weekend at the Guvernment! You should come down!

GUVERNMENT
SHARAM (Deep Dish)
STEVE ANGELLO
KASKADE
TOCADISCO
MARK OLIVER

KOOL HAUS
MSTRKRFT
CROOKERS
STEVE AOKI
THE BLOODY BEETROOTS
PERRY FARRELL
NASTY NAV

THE DRINK
MANZONE & STRONG
DEKO-ZE
JAY FORCE
CAM MAXWELL

ORANGE ROOM
THE JUNKIES
CARLO LIO
JOEE CONS
EXPLICIT SOUNDS OF YM

Almost forgot... Deadmau5 this Friday in Koolhaus with Carlo Lio!

(Message edited by gti2lo on April 05, 2009)
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-05-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
If you are really offended by people playing loud rap music with cussing then riding you might be in the wrong sport. Wakeboarding is traditionally a young persons sport and this is the music they listen too. All you old guys (not all I know) get so damn sensitive about the dumbest stuff that it makes me even wonder if you have fun when you wakeboard. Or are you so concerned the whole time if a drink gets spilled in the boat that you are close to having a coronary while people are drinking there beers. I don't think they are being disrespectful at all playing loud rap music with cussing and like I said, I don't play loud music because I don't have tower speakers. But if I did, you could bet that the majority of it would be rap music coming out and all of my friends and I will be having a great time.

First it was wooden sliders in some back water pond and harassing the warden, CGA vests (which i purchased today to ride at mccormicks :-( ) and now loud rap music. GIVE ME A BREAK. No sliders, bulky vests, and no music...sounds like a real blasty blast on the water. What is next, it is wrong to weight your boat down with 3000 lbs because your rollers screw up peoples lines.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
You brought up another good point!

Consumption of alcohol and boating/wakeboarding is another dumb move!

DUI should be punishable by law with hefty fines, driver's license penalties and even JAIL!

What was the last time you saw a boat with seat belts, air bags or brakes?

Boating accidents involving drinking usually end with a sour note..

No need for booze to have a good time...
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
I don' care one way or the other about drinking on your own boat. If you want to go ahead. But the driver SHOULD NOT BE DRINKING! It should be enforced just like driving a car. We have our kids either boarding or tubing. I don't want some drunk behind the wheel listen to ear bleeding music and running into my kids who are just there having a great family day on the lake.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-05-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
I feel like there is a lot of emphasis on "rap" music on here. There seems to be a lot of adult input on this thread, and understandably adults tend to not like "rap" music. My father won't even let me put my playlist on when he's in the boat, it's strictly Rock.
Judging by the input of this thread, Craig and many others would of been more accepting if it was profanity in Rock music, It's almost like a double standard. If it's profanity in Rock music, it's not cool, but it's tolerable. If it's profanity in "Rap" music it some how makes it that much more offensive.
And "Rap" music only consists of sex, drugs, and violence? Give me a break, turn a rock station and give it a listen. If your rap music is full of sex, drugs, and violence then it's probably mainstream garbage and it's probably not very good.
There's nothing wrong with a different taste in music, but I do agree that exceptionally loud music can be annoying.
Old     (sclick55)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Kyle, just to make sure it wasn't a generational or geographical gap, I checked with a guy I work with. He's 22 and from Fl. He say's to get out of his state because you're giving it a bad name. I seriously doubt anyone cares what you (or any one else for that matter) do when it only affects you. My opinion? If you have no responsibilities to anyone else in life and want to go smoke crack until you O.D., go for it! If you want to do it in front of my kids, we have a problem. It's about consideration of others, something you seem to be lacking.

Nick, I don't care what any adult listens to. I edit my kids music based on content regardless of genre. I do care when people feel the need to make me listen to their music! Think of it this way. If I go up to a random person and start shouting about Jesus, I'm a crazy holy roller. But if someone is blasting their music so as I have no choice to here it and I complain, I'm in the wrong sport? Craig is right, it's disrespectful and wrong. It is also wrong to blame a genre of music for a lack of personal responsibility. Blame the parents.

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-05-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Gotta be cool on the water and turn it down and clean near the docks. Once your out on the lake do your thing. People have a choice to go somewhere else on the lake but near the docks theres no choice while your waiting your turn to splash or get out.
A couple years ago I was at Don Pedro with a bunch of heads and one of them brought a blow up doll. We thought it was funny and tied it to the tower. Forgot all about it after the initial laughing was done. When we got back in slow water a boat with a family came by with a few youngsters onboard. The parents were laughing which made us remember the doll. We took it down. Definitely uncool.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-05-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
I never said that it was right for anyone to be disrespectful on the lake. But honestly there is a lot of complaining on here, personally I think it's almost as annoying as the topics at hand. There is a point where you ignore what's going and either deal with it or you go somewhere else on the lake, because most of the time it's tolerable and within reason people just like to complain about something, maybe not for Craig's incident here, but for most. I've can't remember too many times out on the lake where someone has been downright ridiculous about what they are doing.
Maybe I'm not as conservative as some people on here, but I tend to not let it bother me when other people having a good time while sharing the lake.
Old     (sclick55)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Nick, sorry if I came across as directing that part towards you. Was not intended at all. You brought up a valid point in a calm manner. I respect that.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-05-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
No worries Ted, I ride on a private lake the majority of the time so it's harder for me to grasp the concept as much as some of you who ride heavily populated lakes in California. But out here on our public lakes, No one seems to have an issue if you're doing your thing out on one of the lines on the lake. Just keep it down near the dock's, public areas (Common sense).
Old    stillstandin            04-05-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
Wow, didnt mean to start an internal war. I listen to rap, and all kinds of music. You will find me out in the summer blasting music. However. I wasnt alone on the shoreline, there were a lot of people. It was obvious there was people out enjoying there day. I would not care in the middle of summer, but it was very quiet. I do care about the vulgar words blasting tho. Its all about common courtesy. There was an older couple very close to me that made comments how "those boats should be banned" How could I make an argument about how great our sport is, and what a awesome family activity it is for my family, when this person was being just flat out rude. This is how one person ruins things for everybody.

My tower speakers only come on when I have a rider behind the boat. I did not want to start an argument, but lets make the water a place where people respect one another regardless of what activity they are doing. Blasting music, and "screw" the fishermen is only going to get us regulated...
Old    stillstandin            04-05-2009, 9:49 PM Reply   
By the way, my kids are 3, and 5. So you can imagine, I dont need them to listen some of the music that is out there, regardless of if you think its your right or not.

(Message edited by stillstandin on April 05, 2009)
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-05-2009, 10:25 PM Reply   
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!

That's what it comes down to. I'm only 22 but consideration and respect is what it comes down to. I love blasting music but if I'm pulling up to a dock, marina, house, etc., then my music is being turned down.
Old     (stokemetercom)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-06-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
Common sense. Use it.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 5:18 AM Reply   
"If you are really offended by people playing loud rap music with cussing then riding you might be in the wrong sport."

Kyle is quickly becoming the Dan Dulong of this thread.
Old    dperizzolo            04-06-2009, 5:39 AM Reply   
Since when is riding not fun enough? Now we have to get drunk and play club music while we're doing it?
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-06-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
Just let it go, I think he was referring to the fact that this is still an "extreme" sport with the majority being younger riders. Being young isn't an excuse for disrespect and I don't really think that Kyle is the type to blast "loud, offensive rap music" near the docks and boat ramps. I think his opinion was worded wrong.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-06-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
greg this summer I'll come to TO by train. it's a very smooth ride from montreal..takes like 4 hours or so..100$ round trip I think. I'm dying for a large plate of spaghetti meatballs @ Wayne Gretzky's...god I love that place. As far as the beach club being nice, I don't know man...before I got my 210 I would spend the whole summer there and the pillpopping vibe is strong...probably too strong for my taste. It's a cool place to ride when it's windy in the city.
back on topic, rap music is not my music of choice when riding. I'm a huge phil collins/genesis fan..+ easy lover gets all the hot mamas at the marina 80's music , euro dance, house, sometimes ''tektonik''.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Kyle, you are really doing a good job of making yourself look like a little disrespectful punk.

Craig and his family weren't out wakeboarding but were still forced to listen to some ahole with his tribal painted MB blasting profanity filled music. When there aren't other boats out on the water and a bunch of stuff going on anything audio related carries incredibly well. It was windy yesterday at my house and I could hear people talking in regular voices halfway across the lake yesterday. The music will carry incredibly far, loud and clear with the newer tower speakers.

Like other have said. It is common sense and courtesy. People in this nation have become so selfish they are blind to this.

(Message edited by polarbill on April 06, 2009)
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-06-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
I am so glad the wakeboarding scene isn't that big in my area. I would quit with it all if I was looked upon like some of these people are. Why do young people think that to represent you have to be a dick? It is also funny to me how people on these boards complains about cops and their abuse of authority, yet they too have that I can do whatever I want attitude. Hypocrites.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-06-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Clearly the sound thing is a divisive issue. Some wakeboarders feel it is their given right to share their music with all around them once they lay that 1-5 grand out for a stereo system, others seem to consider that not everyone digs their music and tries to be respectful and courteous. I think this issue paints wakeboarders in a negative light to many others boating on or living around lakes and sadly most of us will feel more hate in some form whether through more regulation or those single finger salutes.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/683365.html?1239019484
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
To the guy who stated it's his right to play loud music out of his expensive system, wrong.

Your rights only extend as far as not impeding upon others rights. People need to learn to respect others. Play your music, but play it at a level that doesn't take away the enjoyment of the lake for those around you.

The backlash from this will be lakes implementing decibel restrictions, and if you put this in the authorities hands the levels will be much lower than necessary.

Grow up and realize the lakes aren't purely for wakeboarders. Everyone has a the right to enjoy them. If you don't respect this you're likely to lose that right yourself. Don't be the guy who ruins it for everyone else.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-06-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Kyle is probably "That Guy"
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
Here is a fine example of what disrepectful idiots like Kyle create.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/683365.html?1239019484
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-06-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
"No sliders, bulky vests, and no music...sounds like a real blasty blast on the water."

OK, Kyle that's ridiculous...nobody said "NO MUSIC"....nobody said "NO SLIDERS"....and I didn't get involved in the vest conversation...no offense, but I see a point being made that your translating completely wrong.

Hear me out though because I like rap music as well as just about any type of music, except for country.

To a certain extent, I don't agree that people should have to monitor their music thats blasting WHEN SOMEONE IS RIDING OR YOU'RE OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE. If the sound bleeds out to land and people can hear it....oh well.

I do however think that people should turn it down when pulling up to an area such as campground docks, marina docks, or for that matter anyone's dock at all. It's called being respectful.

The people I ride with blast their music but when we pull up somewhere, we cut it down because we realize there are kids and families that probably don't want to hear it.

So to a certain extent, being mindful of others and respectful is the key.

A wise person told me once, "Respect is only gained by first giving respect"

Wait until you have kids, or maybe even become an uncle or something to that extent. You'll quickly get at what some here are talking about.

ALSO: I think it would all be be solved if people just got liquid tunes or some sort of way to listen to an ipod when riding. The music isn't so bad when blasted, but when tower speakers came out, wakeboarders gave themselves another way to piss people off because those speakers are built to throw sound. I know people who have awesome systems but no tower speakers. They can blast their music and its not nearly as noticeable on land. People can hear it but they can't make out the lyrics quite as easily. At the very least, there should be a way to turn the tower speakers down or off so they can blast while chillin without throwing the sound for everyone to hear as much. The real dicks are the one's who sit there and throw their music for all to hear purposefully for the sake of wanting attention. I'm not saying you or anyone is that guy.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-06-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Common sense is not so common anymore.
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Kyle, when a man calls you a Dan Dobong,you should seriously take along hard look in the mirror.By the way ,I also fish, so I take offense to F the fisherman.On my small lake we try to be respectfull and get along. Glad you don't live on my lake.
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-06-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Whos this Don Dobong fellow?? Is this an inside joke?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-06-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
I don't think that older guys are in the wrong sport. Most of the guys we get at the camp are a bit older. Hell, you have to be a bit older to be able to afford a $75K boat, truck to pull it with, and enough money for gear and gas. And, with older guys come kids. Kids that ride and will one day kill it.

I know that I am on the lake more than most people, but we don't even have our tower speakers plugged in for respect to the neighbors. But, I am out 8 hours a day. If you do have music playing through it, it should be something that anyone could listen to. Would you sit in a convertible in a grocery store parking lot cranking profanity as loud as you can. If so, you're a douche bag...period. I call out kids on the lake all the time for blasting stuff like that. It's a thing most of the younger generations just don't get, and it's called respect.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Good analogy Travis.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-06-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Travis pretty much summed it up.

There are no exceptions to this rule: "cranking profanity as loud as you can. If so, you're a douche bag...period."
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-06-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
So get this kicker... make a couple comments...

Now every video I've uploaded on youtube gets negative comments... I sense a bit of maturity of someone..

Someone who thinks they are better than anyone.. rules the water and it a arrogant SOB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVQ6xmhWbM
jibber530
mastercraft towers suck and the x star 08 is a piece of stand next to one of these towers and give it a shake that garbage flexs at lest 6 in either way

jibber530
MASTERCRAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-5aFHEZaE
jibber530
no style

jibber530
Last Sign In: 22 seconds ago
Videos Watched: 2,253
Subscribers: 0
Channel Views: 23

Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-06-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
I got tower speakers for my boat this summer and downloaded clean versions of all the rap songs I listen to while boarding and then the rest of the time, play music (mainly rock and top 40 type stuff) that is liked by most people or turn the tower speakers off.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-06-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
its not really the fact that they are using "cuss" words. its the attitude that goes with most of that music. at least to me, words are just words. but the thing with rap music, as pointed out before, is that its for the most part about sex and drugs. which i dont think is a good environment for the lake. unless your on a private lake everyone has just as much of a right to be there as you do, INCLUDING the fisherman. its a family environment, and there is nothing wrong with good fun as long as it is not violating someone elses right to not have to listen to a bunch of talk about how great sex and drugs are. i understand and agree that these words are slowly making way into our everyday culture but the activities described in the music should not. even though it is, it doesnt make it right.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-06-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
to be honest, the type of music is irrelevant. it is just disrespectful in general to be blasting your music in an area like that. save it for riding, or the party cove. and if you are riding in an area where there are a lot of people trying to relax in a quiet environment, go elsewhere.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
Agree with train, the type of music is irrelevant. Though some types may be more disturbing than others. All in all respect the quiet areas of the lake
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
What are the chances that yellow MB guy is reading this thread?

Heh..."My stereo is so loud they were talking about it online for days."
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
i swear yall cry more than my 4 year old and 2 yr old combined.. old people trip me out.. lol yall should go back and read yalls posts.. yall act like its the end of the world and i bet every one of yall jumped off the computer and said some kind of cuss word with in the next 10 min.. god.. its 09 as in 2009. if your worried about your kids repeating things , thats a parenting problem .. teach them not to repeat those things. my kids know what bad words are but they dont say them or they get a butt whippin real quick to remind them not to. its just profanity. lol$#&$*^(*&)*&)*&%)*(&%)*& bleep *&)*&%)*&%)*&%)#@! bleep
Old    K.B.C.            04-06-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
he's 26, you're 24. wow, that's BIG age difference huh?

this topic has nothing to do with age
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
ha ha wrong.. not one of those kind of guys.. lol more likely to just give you a little more crap about your crying.. i know your venting but it wont change a thing.. look i live on the water so i hear all kinds of things from speed boats.. old people listening to some patsy klien or what not airplanes landing in the water. i mean everything.. some stuff i dont want to hear or see.. but i live on the water and thats part of it. so when you decide to load up the family to go to the lake remember thats part of it and they are just having fun like you. maybe there is something that your doing that they dont like. do they cry.. so moral of the story is that thats fine ill be the idiot ... the idiot blarring some 2pac namely (death around the corner) when i drive by you.. but hey dont let it ruin your day on the water cause it i wont let it ruin mine. and yes when i type im too lazy to fix words that got spelled wrong so dont laugh..lol
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
hey scott you have 4 boats? wow how do you have time to drive all of them? dont really understand why you would want so many at one time? lol
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
Well William, when the day comes, and it will believe me, that the cops start to enforce a sound ordinance that was enacted by the local populace, I think that everyone knows who they can thank for that. 2pac, right?

Shortsighted perspective you have there. You can call it crying or anything you want, if it makes you feel like a big man, but at the end of the day it is about RESPECT.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-06-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
Unbelieveable. I can't believe the attitudes of some here.

It's all about respect! Period! Who cares what you listed to on your own, but when it effects others, that is where the problem lies. For someone to say some of the crap here is unbelieveable. Grow the F up. Like others have said, those attitudes are what have given wakeboarders a bad image, and started bans on some lakes.

I am not some teenager, in ther area of 50 these days, and listen to a bunch of different music, mainly hip hop, etc. I have a smoking system, crank it pretty often, but also have consideration for others. I have a crew anywhere from the teens to my age, so we definately play a wide variety of stuff, and spend about 200 hrs/season on the water.

Our lake does not have any homes, so that is not an issue. I will crank the music while we are riding, but am always conscious of what is being played. If it has anything offensive, or even if it is not necessarily offensive, I turn it down if we are within earshot of other boats with kids or families, and even fisherman. It is just easy to reach the volume knob.

I just can not stand the dumb-a$$ attitudes. Not everyone on or near your lake are wakeboarders, and not everyone likes your music. You don't have the right to blast them. Period. Have a little respect, and some maturity.

End of rant!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
If your kids are scared to death when you walk in the room, you haven't done your job as a parent.... props William
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
after how much money ive put into my sound system a ticket would def. be a compliment. if they wanna give me a ticket thats fine but then they better also look at the go fast boat thats throwing a rooster tail 50 ft in the air and reving its motor to 120 db. right.. so i guess no one on the lake has any respect huh. from the fishing boats casting at us while we are riding to the speed boats to the pontoon boats that bump into me at the gas pumps putting a gash in my get coat or the wave runners fallowing my rider just like the fishing boats due just waiting to run the over if they fall.i mean even when i take my kids out to the island to let them play in the sand with their buckets and little shovels and we make sand castles as a family i have to sift through the sand first with a rake to make sure they dont get a used condom or a needle from the junkies in their sand bucket.. ya i must be just the biggest idiot with no respect.. guess im the only one that isnt considerate to others.. i dont jam my music till im out of the cove i live in and on the open water but after that it a freee for all. i pay 8 grand a year in taxes for my back yard to touch the lake. im have my fun as long as the other people are. make sence.. i know that i ran on for a bit but think about it. no one cares about anyone else. do you fall into one of these other catagories of disrespect.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
nick im not sure where that came from but you can leave my kids out of it. thats respect.. you dont know me or my family so you can simply shut you mouth about them .. talk all the crap you want about me but not them. earlier when i was talking about parenting it was in general and i even used myself in that example. over the line buddy..
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
My bet is if you had a speed boat you would rev your engine at 120 db.
if you had a pontoon you would be bumping into everyone.
if you had a jetski would would jump every wake you saw.
if you were a junkie or had casual sex on an island (what!?) you would leave waste.
since you do have a sound system it you blast it....

Notice how all those things listed above, that clearly pissed you off when others did them... thats you and your music to everyone else.... get it?

The annoying speed boat guy is you to someone else. Just because it is "acceptable" to have crazy loud speakers for all to hear in the wakeboard world, the old couple in their canoe it isn't, the people on a picnic it isn't, the guy camping with his kids it isn't...

If everyone just took a second to not a ******** the lake would be a great place, no rubbers and needles, no angry fishermen, no jetskis trying to kill your rider.... if everyone had respect for one another everything would be much nicer.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
was thinking it was about time for my graphic after catching up on this thread.

Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
I'm sure you're a fine father, your kids are great.... but you openly said, "or they get a butt whippin real quick to remind them not to."

I wasn't spanked, maybe I should have been so I have some respect.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
HAHAHA

onlyinboards, did that tomcat ever sell I emailed you about... I mayb have just gotten a reaaaaal good job.

- end hijack --- fight resume!

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on April 06, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
I shot you over an email :-)