Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-31-2013, 3:30 PM Reply   
Ive been in and out off florida for the last year and a half working with switchblade on making the best ,biggest wake with only stock ballst ,just got back and we already made a wake bigger then mine with half stock ballast ,this going to chang:e the game ,nothing better then this..and you can drive the boat no problem..
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       08-31-2013, 3:41 PM Reply   
So... What's razor blade?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-31-2013, 4:25 PM Reply   
Well from what I hear it is something that will make the biggest wake with only stock ballast.......and.......you can still drive the boat with no problem.
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-31-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
LOL!!! Good one
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-31-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
Can't wait for the details!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-31-2013, 6:38 PM Reply   
Yeah I'm curious what it is? I see a couple guys talking a average surf wave that could be produced with some fat sacs.

Didn't someone already have something called a blade or something like that? I think centurion??

Oh yeah and with a title like "newest technology" maybe let us in on what said technology is!!

Last edited by boardman74; 08-31-2013 at 6:40 PM.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-31-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
not on centurion its called Razorblade there newest technology from switchblade,if youve seen my wake ,its way better.. going to change the game ,probably coming out next year..way better then the stock ballst ive rode..
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-31-2013, 7:00 PM Reply   
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
When I looked at the Razor Blade a few years ago it looked like an odd trim tab with a rounded surface. It looks like they were trying to take advantage of the Coanda effect.

I'd say that this is a confusing thread. The first appearance tells me that I need a 40 ft boat to generate a surfwave with the new device. I doubt that's the case, no telling what they are trying to offer and what benefit the device provides.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-31-2013, 7:56 PM Reply   
I enjoy free entertainment. Thank you.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-31-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
Confusing???? its all right there...It will make stock ballast better... imagine that!!! better than stock!!! the game will be changed next year... well probably anyway....
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-01-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
its not the yaght ,Its a reagular boat with technology on it ,not a centurion.the guys who design this work with hydro foil technology,know how water flows to make a clean perfect wake.Thay have me there to show them what kind off wake people want with stock ballast and easy to drive the boat and save gas.. coming soon!!!!
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-01-2013, 9:10 PM Reply   
So is this going to be available on only one particular boat? If not why not say what boat this was behind.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-01-2013, 10:08 PM Reply   
Is this the new razor blade? Looks like the MC surf tabs in a larger version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBXqzTK8o-8
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
new Razor blade..U havnt seen what they look like there not out yet..
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
That video shows nothing useful, just an average wave with nothing backing or supporting what it is. Why not post pictures of the device?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-02-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-02-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Is this the new razor blade? Looks like the MC surf tabs in a larger version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBXqzTK8o-8
Well that is called the razor blade and the end of the video says go to switchbladewake.com so I would guess those are the new razor blade surf tabs.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-02-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-02-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
You should get someone who isn't as involved with the project but likes wake surfing the way you do to help with your online marketing. You're obviously too close to the project to know what people want to see. If you weren't, then you would have know that nobody wanted to watch a video of some geezer thanking everyone that was involved with the project from his chartered yacht. Wake worlders are a smart technical bunch and they want to know how something like this works as opposed to just seeing the result. Maybe you are being facetious because the device isn't patented yet? Maybe you are afraid that some of the resourceful wake worlders will get out some stainless stock and a welder to make their own version? Either way, I've seen a lot of your videos and I know what the switchblade is but this particular video was lame.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-02-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
dang, and I thought I had a lot of junk hanging off of the back of my boat!
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-02-2013, 9:46 AM Reply   
I am anxious to see your wiring diagram on this mess SD
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-02-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
Took me a few reads just to figure out what the heck he's saying, and the video was basically worthless. Whats the point of being on a yacht and thanking office staff in a video trying to promote some new razor blade tabs? I'd like to know more of the science behind a rounded tab that makes the wave so much bigger, it seems pretty gimmicky at this point.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
always alot off negitive on wakeworld as usally..just a teaser off a wake were working on ,We cant be put it out there yet until its done..pretty funny all the **** talk ,have to love it..and you couldnt produce this yourself eric,,if you look at my wake havnt seen anyone make a barrel on a wake yet ,ive had it for 5 years ,must say something about what I work on..to funny..
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 11:23 AM Reply   
The wake we made on the top video was with a thousand pounds,can u do that ,I would love to see the video,I was excited to show peopl progress with less weigfht ,sorry everyone got confused..usally story on wakeworld..now I know why I stay off this sight,Its funny how i do this 4 to 5 days a week year round and get questioned by people.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 11:30 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Few shots off having fun,thats what its all about..
Attached Images

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
My centurion avalanche made that same barrel if I was heavily weighted and made a opposite turn (especially if I slowed it down a little). Just like you were doing in this video. It shares the same hull as your boat. Your wave is pretty sweet though, not knocking that at all. And you are a great surfer, I doubt anyone will argue that.

The video wasn't well done and weird. If you want to put out a teaser, show the stock wave, then show the new wave with the system, push button wave adjustments etc.... All of us wakesurfers- boat modifiers love innovation and change. Switchblade did change the game a few years ago, but surf innovation is moving at a crazy pace right now. Every year someone has something new, different and awesome. I hope this sport continues to grow and thrive. Can't wait to see more on this. I love the new surf tech stuff, ram fill, surfgate, NSS, surf tabs, switch blades, power wedges, Convex VX etc... All awesome, lets keep pushing this sport and having fun on the lake
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the props,yeah I guess the video throws it all off,I love all the new stuff coming out surf gate, ram fill ,buts its still not what im looking for ,Im looking for a way to make a clean consitent wake that is real clean and bigger then what is out there with less weight and lees gas. all this new stuff is cool but I grew up surfing my whole life and what a real wave,and thats what we have been working on with switchblade for over a year and a half and if I could tell u more about it I would but Its all under contracts not to talk about it,but everyone will be stoked..probably wont be out until 2015 or late 2014,but will change the game for sure if all goes as planned,I already got to ride it and it blew my mind..
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 12:09 PM Reply   
I search the planet for the best waves,wavepools,oceans all over the world,Boats..Thats what I do..Always looking for more..
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-02-2013, 1:25 PM Reply   
^^^ James, you definitely can throw it down on the surfboard... heck, I still cant even spin a 360 (got any tips :-).... I hope your new system is truly a game changer! Not using much ballast with a wake like your boat is throwing would be awesome... we will be looking forward to seeing the final release!

How much weight are you currently running with the switchblade?
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Thanks buddy . I'm using to much right now 3000 with switchblade , special prop and wake plate . Love my wake though u can go so fast and make it big and long . Trying to make it the same on the new technology but way less weight and bigger wake then mine . Just push a button get better gas mileage and room in the whole boat , also easy for the family and everyone .
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
For a 360 use your head and look over your shoulder back at the boat when u start spinning your body will follow . 😃