Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-08-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
How good is the Liquid Force S4 boards ,looking to get one.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-08-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
How good is the Liquid Force S4 boards ,looking to get one.
that would all depend on your definition of good, so we'd need a little more info.

do you like:
speed = fast / slow?
pop = wake2wake / flats?
fins = molded / removable?
price = cheap / expensive?
weight = super light / close to super light?
flex = no flex / a little flex / a lot of flex?

what's your skill level?

if you're just wanting to know the quality of the construction of the board, then yes, I'd say it's good (just as good as anything else you can buy). but if you're wanting to know if it's good for you and your riding style, then you'd have to provide a little info on what your style is.

Last edited by ironj32; 11-08-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-08-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
I like a fast board,with alot of pop,molded fins ,but my previous had removable,i was riding a 2004 hyperlite parks 138, my price range is any price especially for a good board,weight i can go either way it really doesn't effect me, and iv never rode a board with alot of flex so i would go with a little flex. My Parks was a really good board ,but it seemed like it edged really hard and when i left the wake its was almost like i didnt have any control over it. I would also put myself in the intermediate class. Thanks for the reply Jay
Old    sperbet            11-08-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I bought one this last season and hated it. I tried to get used to it for over a month just figuring sooner or later I would. Never did though. My buddy, who is a very advanced rider also gave it a whirl with similar results as mine. Everyone is different though so who knows, you may like it.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-08-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
"my price range is any price especially for a good board,"

Well then the answer is fairly easy. You need a boat, or an owner of a boat who is game for the trip, and go to a body of water with an on-shore wake shop.

I think in Louisiana you should have at least a ‘one’ good to excellent choice and ... who knows ... I would think dozens.

And then what do you do? You demo.

You’re riding an older HL Parks. I advise you start for comparison's sake with newer HL stuff, then shift over to (probably to only what a general wake shop will have) LF, Ronix, CWB (less likely O'Neill and Gator). To demo flex stuff, you'll probably have to visit a (well-chosen) cable park.

People can chime in with other ways to demo other brands not mentioned.

But two things about demo. It's the best way to find a good board. And, if you do it on a slow business day for the wake shop (like some week days right after Labor Day) and give the wake shop worker pulls, it will be a great day.

Oh yeah, you'll get to try on multiple bindings too.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-08-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Based on the description of what you want, I can recommend the LF Lyman, and the OBrien Decade. I own and ride both, and each are pretty gnarly. Both are fast, can boot you, and are light.

I can't give any input on the S4, as I've never ridden it. I'd try and demo all the boards that you can. Good luck!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-08-2010, 11:57 PM Reply   
S4 is a an awesome all around board.

Its fast, pops big and lands soft. Better than the Lyman in my opinion, although the Lyman is still a nice ride.

It will definitely suit an intermediate rider.
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-09-2010, 3:37 PM Reply   
I bought an S4 for last season and I LOVE IT! The board is fast and loose, which I like. A friend of mine had a board (can't remember the name) but it felt like it was glued to the water and I just couldn't get it to cooperate with what I wanted to do. The S4 though is very smooth and quick, and it has a good pop off the water. I haven't ridden a lot of boards, but I would call landings "good" compared to other boards I've ridden. I'm sure there are other boards that will land softer out in the flats, but this one isn't rough by any means. Overall, the best thing to do would be to try one out before buying, but I bought mine blind and don't regret it at all. I use the 09 S4 with the 09 Soven bindings.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (popaulchan)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-10-2010, 2:44 AM Reply   
S4 is a an awesome board
pops big and lands soft MAKE U LEVEL UP GEAR!

ONLY ON BASE VERSION^^
Old     (BigCountry)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-10-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the replies ,it help me out a lot .
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-10-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
I got the S4 in the Spring and really like it as well. My previous board was a Trip. Also, I checked around for prices for a few months and ended getting a price match at evogear, getting the board for something like $225 out the door, incl shipping.
Old     (kwipp)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-12-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
One of the best shapes on the market, very good for boat and cable.