Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-18-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
I'm sure everybody knows by now David Williams is throwing a Wake World Toys for Tots charity auction.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/746599.html?1258583010

David already already has alot of great stuff to auction off but lets get him more!

I'm going to hit 4 or 5 local businesses today, let's see how much stuff we can get to make this a record year for Wake World. Run down to your local board shop, or boat dealer, rummage threw your garage, every little bit helps and its going to a great cause! You don't have to be a major manafacturer to participate.

So all you Wake World regulars lets see what you can do! Maybe we can get Phil from Kicker, and Johnny from Liquid Trends, CIE you guys out there, I know Grant "G" West makes some crazy stuff! Wonder what Grant could make and contribute to this auction? Perhaps a gelcoat repair service or personal custimization consultation for your boat? Where you at guys? Lets get this on! We only have one week to make this happen! Look at all the stuff David has gotten on his own already, imagine how much more we can get if we all participate!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-18-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Just a helpful hint, I printed out the Wake World Toys for Tots page so I can show it to the businesses I talk too!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/746599.html?1258583010
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-18-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
First stop at Nice Rack Tower Accessories and Horacio donated a pair of Nice Rack Logo Wakeboard Racks, a $498 value!

This is so easy guys! Lets see what else we can find!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-18-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
I being going through the shop tomorrow.

Robert are you going to pass by and pick it all up? Call me tomorrow and we'll get a few items together.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-18-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
I can do that or you can just ship directly to the winning bidder on behalf of Wake World. Whatever's easier for you, Dave asked me to just ship directly to the winning bidder to cut down on shipping. Thanks for stepping up to the challenge Johnny! Knew you'd come through!

But where's everybody else at?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-18-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
We got Marc Bingaman of Liquid Acoustics to step up and donate a Top of the line Tru Technology Amp B-475 with a MSRP of $1499 a top of the line billet amp thats Made in the USA!

This is great and so easy guys!

Go out and ask your friends in the industry, everyone I've talked to so far has said YES, and most of the time there ready to give even more then you ask for!

Seen a product you've been wanting to get but haven't yet? Ask them to donate it to the Toys for Tots auction and then bid to win! Not only well you be helping a great cause but you might score it on the cheap!

Am I all alone here? Is anyone else out knocking on doors? Wheres the rest of the Wake World elves at?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-19-2009, 5:05 AM Reply   
you should have put this in the wakeboarding discussion section. It will get more views.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-19-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Ben I posted it in Wakeboarding and non-wakeboarding too! Hopefully we'll get more views. So are you going to knock on some doors? Your in a perfect spot lots of wakeboard places and stores in TX.
Old     (moomba55)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-19-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
just want to say THANK YOU to all of you guys! I have taken part in this event the past three years and we as military members really appreciate all that you guys do to help.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-20-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Anybody else pounding on doors? I know I don't have to pay to be a member of Wake World, maybe think of calling one company or knocking on one companies door as your dues for the year! Lets help Dave break all the records from the previous years!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-20-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Wow, have you guys been watching the Toys for Tots thread in the Wakeboarding discussion?

Kicker stepped up in a big way today! Thats awesome thanks everybody at Kicker, I'm sure Phil was behind it to, so thanks for all you do on here!

Johnny from Liquid Trends stepped up big time donating a tower set-up. Thanks Johnny not only are you a great resource on the forums but a great guy! Of course your buddies already know that!

CIE you guys rock! A hoodie and a ride behind the Bone Crusher if your local! This looks like it could be fun!

I'm still pounding on doors trying to do my part. Wish me luck today!