Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (svoruz)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-08-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
New guy here... Does anyone have any experience with weighting down an X-45? Would like to sac one out for surfing.
Thanks
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-08-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
an enzo sack from flyhigh will fit in the rear locker on the surf side to start. That should get to boat leaning it bit. The boat is so big you can not really over weight it.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-09-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
Try doing a search there are a few on here that got some great results from a X-45
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-10-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
Most MC's do not like too much weight in the bow, just be sure to sink it in the rear.
Old     (svoruz)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-10-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips. Like I said - newbee. I tried searching prior to my post but couldn't find what I was looking for until I used the "". Found a lot of what I'm looking for after using "X-45" in the Wakesurfing area. So many posts found that I wasn't sure where to start until the post from hco. From here I think I will start from the rear, probably the fly high enzo, and move forward. Total new guy, I just bought the boat and haven't even ridden behind it yet. Thanks all for the tips!
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-11-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
Yo Scott!

I have an X-30 and one of good buds surfs an X-45. So here is the real story!

1st a MC can handle balanced weight from stern to bow just fine. And a lot of it too! The X-45 needs plenty of weight to get the hull deeper into the water, and will put out the very best surf wake you will ever see any where on the lake. Adding lots of weight will require more skilled driving from you and with weight in the bow you will have to maneuver without flooding the bow. Surfing the Port side will require right turns only to avoid hitting the wave on the turn to pick up the rider. NO LEFT TURNS!!!!

Next-

We both have Fly High Fat Sacs plumbed in the rear lockers tied into the existing ballast pumps. I also use stand alone ballast bags in the bow and move them depending on how many people we have in the boat.

The most essential weight component comes from the pop bags we use (40lbs steel shot). Look for pop-products online! I have 800lbs total and spread the bags throughout the boat to fine tune the shape and length of the wave.

Next, learn to dial in your trim plate. If you only have weight in the back apply a little more trim to bring the bow more planed and that will lengthen out the wave.

Make sure you have the speed dialed in for the most crisp wake depending on how much weight you have added. Also experiment and try lots of different weight combinations!

Remember that stern weight makes for a steep wave and bow weight helps to create a longer wave. When you have the X-45 deep in the water from nose to tail you create an amazing wave that you can surf way back and also have the vertical face for a fast ride.

Nothing beats the MASTERCRAFT! So enjoy the upcoming season and please email me if you have any more questions: jasongold@cox.net

Best wishes!
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-11-2009, 11:24 PM Reply   
Any pictures of these waves Jason? Would love to seem them, trying to get into an MC for a water test soon.
Old     (svoruz)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason for the tips and info. I too would like to see pics if you have them. If all goes well I will pick up my new x-45 This Saturday!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-14-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
Scott, my buddy has a 2007 X45 and all he does is surf. He has an extra 750 plumbed into each rear compartment. For either side we do stock in that corner plus 750 in that corner. Then we usually have 3 or 4 people on that side of the boat. With this setup it is ok, but like others have said get as much in the back as possible. The wake gets really big when we throw 4 or 5 more people on the surf side. I think the boat would probably support the stock, extra 750 plus a 500 under the surf side seat and another 500-750 on the surf side seat.
Old     (svoruz)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-16-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
Brett, really? Wow, 2000lbs on one side. It's a good thing I got the LY6 then.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-16-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
2000? pffffft, I wish I was lucky enough to only need 2000.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
the more the better...it took about 4k to get the wake right on..
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-07-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
ha i dont think my dad will be into putting that much in our boat. since we usually only surf after boarding at the end of the day we just go stock. we are pretty new to the sport (wakeboarding and surfing) so we dont have any sacks yet. i have been surfing a LF custom with stock and some fat friends. and i have my dad surfing a hyperlite landlock on that wave too. but we are interested in getting a bigger wave. we really dont want sacks laying in the seats. so i think we might just get two 250 sacks and put them in the ski locker if that would fit. sorry for the inexperiance lol. but what do yall think.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-09-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
i guess no one thinks anything lol
Old     (dubsac)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Stephen, two 250 sacs won't do much at all for your x-45 surf wake. You really need at least one 750 for your ski locker, and several more bags on the surf side.

We typically put one 750 in the locker and another 750 on the seat, held up by a 400 on the floor, and a couple more 400's, one in the bow surf side and more on the seats along the surf side. We also have one of those 175 fat buddies with the handles which is great for moving around to dial the wake in. We don't use lead because we are not on a lake and we sometimes have to travel a ways to and from our surf spots.

You will probably want around 3000 lbs or so for a really good wave. The more the better.