Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-05-2013, 6:48 AM Reply   
Name:  2013070395205201.jpg
Views: 6666
Size:  87.3 KB
X-2 wake

Name:  2013070495101838.jpg
Views: 3407
Size:  163.3 KB
MXZ-22 wake

Here are picture of the two wakes with the exact same weight set up and the exact same number of people. Obviously you can tell the X-2 has a way better wake then the MXZ-22
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-05-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
Welp that pretty much settles it then. Flawless scientific research right there...
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-05-2013, 7:05 AM Reply   
I mean it kind of does wake speaks louder then words Jay. Set two boats up exactly the same and see what wake is better!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-05-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
Why not set both boats up to produce their best wake, then compare? Since they are totally different hull shapes and design, you can not assume they will need to be weighted the same.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-05-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
This ^

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-05-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
Wake speaks louder than words? Hahaha, that's classic.. Putting equal weight in two completely different boats doesn't really tell you anything.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-05-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
Tigemike you can do that when you are using just stock ballast and when each company claims you only need stock ballast and their surf gate or surf tabs to make a great surf wake.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2013, 7:46 AM Reply   
What is the stock ballast of the X2, does that mxz have PNP and if so what bags?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2013, 7:47 AM Reply   
That x 2 wake is nice but you can't compare the two boats with identical weight setups and base their "ultimate" surf wakes on that. The MXZ is 22ft with a ton of space for bags. The X 2 is 20ft with a great amount of storage for a 20ft'r. Of course it will produce a bit better surf wake with the same ballast. The key is how much more can you add to the MXZ and keep it clean compared to that of the X2. Spending tons of time in both boats (on the goofy side) the MXZ has way more potential and gets a much bigger and longer pocket with surfgate. EVEN WITHOUT SURFGATE it's bigger and longer. It's a great comparison, but again it complete misses the mark because theMXZ will take way more weight and keep ramping up the wake a ton more than the X2 . The X2 hits a point where it's "maxed out " so to speak way quicker than the MXZ

As far as the test above. ....... An X2 vs VTX comparison would be right on target set up just like above

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-05-2013 at 7:55 AM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-05-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
wake2snow logic:

Each of these women weighs 150lbs. They are all wearing the same outfits. The one on the left cooks the best waffles. Case closed.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-05-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Ok. How about another example. Here are two pictures. One shows a rat on a surfboard:

Here's one that shows an orangutan on a surfboard:

Both animals breath oxygen and both are on surfboards. Rodent's are better surfers than primates. It's science.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-05-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
because fanboy.

this thread is near as useless as the g23 vs xstar thread.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-05-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
We aren't testing the "ultimate surf wake" here and if we were we would of used a different boat. We are testing out of the box surf wake and obviously yes we all can put extra weight to surf a bigger wake, but why when you can get a great stock surf wake is all I'm getting at for the average person buying the boat.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-05-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
if you want an out of the box surf wake, why add extra weight?

this thread has no purpose but do senselessly bash malibu on the behalf of your fan boy opinion.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake2snow View Post
We aren't testing the "ultimate surf wake" here and if we were we would of used a different boat. We are testing out of the box surf wake and obviously yes we all can put extra weight to surf a bigger wake, but why when you can get a great stock surf wake is all I'm getting at for the average person buying the boat.
Why are you comparing a 20 ft boat to a 22 ft boat?
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-05-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Both animals breath oxygen and both are on surfboards. Rodent's are better surfers than primates. It's science.
It took me several minutes to stop laughing. Thanks for making the day better, Chatt.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-05-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
Was all ballast full in the MXc? Was it all full on the x2 or was the x2 favored to port ballast?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-05-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
wake2snow logic:

Each of these women weighs 150lbs. They are all wearing the same outfits. The one on the left cooks the best waffles. Case closed.

I find it hard to believe that 5'11 girl is only a buck fifty. That's a big girl! Got some meat on them bones!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-05-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Tigemike you can do that when you are using just stock ballast and when each company claims you only need stock ballast and their surf gate or surf tabs to make a great surf wake.
You can if you want, but I havent met a surf boat yet that didnt want or need additional ballast somewhere in the boat that was above and beyond what was offered from the factory. Dont take that is im saying a boat is not surfable with only stock, because many are and they produce a decent wake. But to get the absolute best surf wake out of a boat, you will need to add some somewhere.

What you have done it this: You took Jimmy Johnson's Chevy setup for one 1.5 mile track that he runs great at and put the exact same setup (tire pressure, camber, caster, toe, spring rubber, track bar, shock damping, coil spring rate, weight distribution, etc) and put it in Kyle Busch's Toyota and then point a finger at the one that has the slower lap time. These cars have different aerodynamics and a different center of gravity. They need a totally different setup, which is why they are allowed to.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-05-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Why are you comparing a 20 ft boat to a 22 ft boat?
Ha ha, this is the whole reason I even clicked on this thread to read it. The thread title made me curious why anyone would be comparing an X-2 to an MXZ 22! :P After reading the thread, I'm still not sure why, but I suspect the answer is just fanboyism.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-05-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
We are testing out of the box surf wake
So which it? You stated both boats are set up with identical weight. Now you are saying that you are testing them with only their available stock ballast? Thats not you in both of those pics. Did you actually do this or did you just grab some pics off the net at face value?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-05-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Something to think about: Not everyone who has a wakeboat and surfs is the type to post on WW and put 3000 lbs in their boat just to surf. They buy their boats from a dealer, go to the lake and want to surf. They aren't into overloading their boat with a ton of weight just to play. Everyone on here knows that boats need more weight to reach their potential, but the average user isn't looking for the "world class wave" they just want to have fun and hopefully drop the rope. I think their should be more average or factory setups posted. This is how most average owners use their boats, imo.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-05-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
I'm not a fan boy these were two boats I was considering buying and I bought the x-2 hands down and those wakes are stock ballast with a 11 people in the boat and the x-2 had more room then the mxz did. I'm no expert on surfing so I wanted the easiest and fastest set up surf wake and the x-2 met my expectations. I apologize for my comparison I was just trying to share my experience with everyone. I just didn't think people would be so rude on this website but oh well have a nice day.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-05-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
tigemike those are my cousins
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-05-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
can we get pics of the squirel on water skis?
that would complete this thread i think....
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-05-2013, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not a fan boy these were two boats I was considering buying and I bought the x-2 hands down and those wakes are stock ballast with a 11 people in the boat and the x-2 had more room then the mxz did. I'm no expert on surfing so I wanted the easiest and fastest set up surf wake and the x-2 met my expectations. I apologize for my comparison I was just trying to share my experience with everyone. I just didn't think people would be so rude on this website but oh well have a nice day.
Post some pics of your new boat. Would love to see!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
Fan boy, bottom line. If the OP was actually not trying to be a fanboi, he would have compared an X2 to a 20 MXZ, which would be a direct comparison.

I also love the very different picture angles, different people riding and no specific information.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-06-2013, 10:11 PM Reply   
The NDSL (National Dog Surf League) is looking for an official tow boat....X2 is a clear-cut winner
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-07-2013, 12:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
The NDSL (National Dog Surf League) is looking for an official tow boat....X2 is a clear-cut winner
The MXZ is the lame duck in Malibu's lineup. It has none of Malibu's trademark tacky carpet assortment glued to a plywood frame, it has the least cabin space of any 22' boat, no bow storage, doesn't surf or wakeboard particularly well, and is aesthetically a disaster due to the disproportion of bow space to cabin space. It actually looks like the tower is anchored to the engine compartment. The fact that the MXZ22 can't beat MC's lowly X2 in a direct comparison is and should be an embarrassment to everyone who counts themselves part of The Malibu Crew.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2013, 5:14 AM Reply   
The 22MXZ doesn't wakeboard well?? Your crazy. The MXZ has a phenomenal wakeboard wake. I want whatever your smoking/tripping on. Gotta be some good stuff.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-07-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
doesn't surf or wakeboard particularly well....

such a toll, Jet boy, and this after you had an ACTUAL informative post somewhere over in the x-46 thread, i think.

Chase, don't fall for this, he is just playing. He has seen the Red Bull video behind the mxz 22 with the riders boostin as well as pictures of Jay's CIE mxz's wake.

Don't feed the turtles....