Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-13-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
It's sad to admit, but I only rode a handful of time this year. Going through a divorce, and every free moment I had was spent with the kids, and trying to keep their minds off of the separation.

Well I went out Thursday with some buddies, while the kids were in school. I ended up riding my buddies new Recoil and had my best set of the year. I absolutely love that board and I'm now on a hunt for one of my own.

I haven't been able to find any smoking deals as of yet on the Recoil, but found a few good deals on the response. Who has had a chance to ride both, and what were the big differences in the two?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Paul
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-13-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
The Response is a faster board, and can take you into the flats and land super soft and carry its speed. The response fins make the board more slippery than what you experienced with the recoil. The Recoil is a wake 2 wake board that really pops. It tracks better but some people put response fins on the recoil to make it more slippery. Both boards are really good, I prefer the speed and softer landings of the response. It really depends on your style.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-13-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
I really liked everything about the recoil, speed, pop, and landings. I did feel it was more slippery then any board I've ridden, with the exception of the Roam. I'm not in an area where I can demo the Response, so opinions and suggestions are welcome, and appreciated.
Old     (adam1680)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-13-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
You also might want to consider the Reflex which speed is between the Recoil and the Response. I picked up a 2010 Reflex 142 on ebay brand new for $200 and the few times I've ridden it, I absolutely loved it. There's a good review of the board if you do a search on the message board.
Old     (silverthunder)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-13-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
Paul

Slingshot does have some great deals on the 2010 boards and 2008, 2009.. boots.

http://www.slingshotsports.com/wake-specials

I have been riding slingshot for the last 3 years, I switch back and forth between the Recoil and Response. They are both very good boards and yes the response is pretty fast compare to the recoil but their pop is very similar.

Serge
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-14-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thanks Serge, those are some great deals. I was was bidding on one through ebay and didn't meet the reserve. Might have been a good thing, cause I don't think it would have had any warranty.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-14-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
You can shoot the middle with the Reflex. The Recoil can be a little slow for some, the Response not poppy enough, and the Reflex is just right...at least it was for me.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-14-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Is there any difference between the 09 and 10 Reflex?
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-14-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Yes the 10 has chinned(turned up) rails to avoid blowing out your sidewalls on rails. I prefer the 10 over the 09 just because it feels slightly looser. If you do end up getting one try putting liquid force's curved side fins, for me its the perfect amount of grip.