Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-01-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
Is this happening for anybody else? Every time I navigate around the forum i keep getting forwarded to the "edit my profile page"
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
I have some questions about that myself. The site it made up of several systems tied together, so I'm think that a lot of the discussion board features have been disabled and redirected to the community. Why that is I don't know, but I'll check with the developer.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-02-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
happening to me almost every time.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
I'm getting this same thing on Firefox. Everytime I try to go to the forums while logged in, it immediately kicks me over to my profile page. I added a couple things, thinking it was required, but there's no indication of what might be required if that's even the problem. I now logged in via a Chrome browser, and it works fine.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-02-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
We're trying to get this worked out, but it's tough without knowing the specific circumstances in which it's happening. Can you guys be more specifice on what page you were on when it happened and what you clicked on to make it happen. Page links or screenshots would be great. Your browser brand and version would be great too. I appreciate your help!!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I get the same thing... I also use firefox.

It was happening to me earlier today so I cleared all my internet history and then I came back and signed in again and it worked fine. I turned off my pc and came back online now (about 5 hours later) and as soon as I go to the root of the forums it sends me to my edit profile page. Sometimes if I'm quick I can click on a subforum but then it does the same thing. I have to log out and log back in and then it seems to work fine.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
I've been getting it too... to make it work again I've just logged off and on again and it has been fine
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-04-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
We have fixed a major glitch that was causing people to be logged out at seemingly random times. It should be fixed. Please report here if you have any more problems with spontaneous logout (that's a killer name for a band)!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-04-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
Still happens to me on Firefox each time I start up the computer & go to the page. The site shows my as logged in (Firefox auto log-in) but when I go to Forums I'm automatically referred to Profile Update. If I log off & re-log on, it's fixed. But, PITA to log in every time.

Other than that, LOVE the site, Dave!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
Me too if I shut my laptop/sleep it, EVEN if I keep WW up the whole time... when I go to do something on WW after I get back on it does it to me. Also if I lose my internet connection and it comes back it wants me to log in again.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Still doing it to me to. This time it said the profile that I was logged into had be deleted or didn't exist. Then I logged out and back in and that went away but it send me to the edit profile page right away again.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-05-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Seems like it happens when you log in via the top of the page when looking at a forum. This just happened to me on FireFox.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-05-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
I've got the same problem here too.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-05-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
i was getting it on mulitple computers even after clearing hx, cookies, etc.. im not getting it any more for the moment. i still cant upload pics to my profile though. i can how ever upload pics to the group section.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-06-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
If you're still having login problems, click the logout menu choice at the top of the page, get out of your browsers and then open it again and login. We've been making tweaks on the login process all week and made changes as recently as Friday night, so follow the above procedure and report back here if you still have the problem. Don't forget to explicitly click on the logout button first.

Last edited by wakeworld; 03-07-2010 at 1:12 PM.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-06-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
Thanks, Dave
Old     (hughes144)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-08-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
I had the same problem. I found another thing that needs to be tweaked. When I log-in in the main page, it doesn't kick me to "edit profile" page.

BUT....

When I don't log-in from main page and just clicked on "forums" then log-in from there. it kicks me toward the "edit profile" page. Still does.
Old     (hughes144)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-08-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
One more thing to add, I was using firefox.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-08-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
I had this same problem again on a different computer this morning. I tried on Firefox and Chrome. As soon as I logged in, it immediately kicked me to the edit profile page and kept sending me there every time I clicked on any of the forums. It continued to do it after I logged out and back in again.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-08-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Adam and Brett, did you do the explicit log out and restart of your browser that I suggested above?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-08-2010, 11:14 PM Reply   
I have been having this problem since day 1. I keep thinking, "Any day now it will be fixed." No such luck. It's driving me crazy.
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-08-2010, 11:38 PM Reply   
Again, I have to ask if you followed the instructions above by explicitly logging out by pressing one of the logout buttons (there's one on the front page), exiting your browser and then logging back on. We made a lot of changes this week and your session could still be using old code stuck in your cache.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-09-2010, 12:31 AM Reply   
i explicitly followed the steps above. i'm still being directed to the edit profile page.
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-09-2010, 12:56 AM Reply   
What link did you click on in the forum that redirected you?

On what page did you log in? There are four pages that allow you to log in. They are listed below.

- http://www.wakeworld.com/default.php
- http://www.wakeworld.com/forum
- http://www.wakeworld.com/login.php
- http://www.wakeworld.com/home.php

If you are having this problem, let me know which page you're using to log in. Also, let me know if it makes a difference it you log in from one page versus another. However, between tries, be sure to explicitly log out by clicking on one of the logout buttons and restart your browser. This info can help us track down where the problem is.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-09-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
At the time I had this issue yesterday, I hadn't read yet about closing down the browser as well after logging out, so no I didn't do that.

Today, I'm not having this problem, though.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-10-2010, 4:39 AM Reply   
First day in a long time I've been able to even get on to the forums. It kept saying my password was no good. When I could get into the forums as soon as it appeared on the forum page it would automatically kick me to my edit profile page. FRUSTRATING
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Brett, so does that mean it's working for you now?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
I still get this problem. Been using the site more and more not signed in to avoid it.

Using Firefox.
I have deleted all of my wakeworld cookies
I have explicitly logged out (using the Log Out button)
Closed and reopened my browser

Still get redirected to my profile. I do notice that the site seems to remember my user name (like the old site used for sign in) instead of email address. When I sign in, I have to clear out my user name, put in my email address and password.

I get the some problem on other machines too.
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Sean, I believe it's your browser that is saving your user name rather than your email address. I'd have to check with my developer to be certain, but I'm pretty sure that our site only saves information in cookies if you're logged in. Sounds like you've got your browser set up to save your login information and this could be part of your problem. Can you let me know what login page you're using? Also, what link on your clicking on that forwards you to your Edit Profile page?

Obviously, it sounds like your problems go further than this, but I'm wondering if your browser's saved login and passwords have something to do with it. The only other thing I can recommend is to delete all temporary Internet files, delete all cookies, reboot and try again. If you're on a PC, download IE and see if it has the same problem. If you're on a Mac, download Safari and see if it has the same problem.

I'm very surprised that you are getting it on multiple machines because this is the first time we've heard that. So far all of these problems seem to be isolated to one machine. I'm going to login as you and test it on my machine and see if I have the same problem.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
I'll keep playing with it more, but I'm no longer getting the redirect loop I was seeing. I ended up rebooting my main computer and have not seen the issue since.

I was using http://www.wakeworld.com/forum to sign in from.

I'll try a home computer that was repro'ing this later tonight.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Good to hear. My developer said that even if we fixed every issue it might take up to a week before everybody stops complaining because of stuff left in their cache and stuff like that. It's never easy!!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-10-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Got it to work Dave. Put in my Email as my username. I thought entering your Email in place of your user name was just on the initial set up, I didn't realize we had to do that everytime. Is there a place to check where it will remember your user name and password? I'm not sure how it was registering the incorrect Email address. Please be patient with me as I am not very computer savy.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Another success story! Once logged in, you should remain logged in until you either click a Log Out button or you have no activity for three months or something like that.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
If you're not sure how to clear out your cache, here are some instructions...

To clear your cache in Internet Explorer:

1. Log out of your AdSense account. Close all other open browser windows.
2. Click the 'Tools' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Internet Options.'
3. Click the 'General' tab at the top of the dialogue box.
4. Click 'Delete Files' under 'Temporary Internet files.'
5. Select 'Delete all offline content' by checking the box.
6. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Mozilla Firefox:

2. Click the 'Tools' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Options.'
3. Click 'Privacy.'
4. Click 'Clear' next to 'Cache.'
5. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Mozilla and Netscape:

2. Click the 'Edit' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Preferences.'
3. Click the '+' next to 'Advanced.'
4. Select 'Cache' under 'Advanced.'
5. Click 'Clear Cache.'
6. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Safari:

2. Open the 'Safari' menu on your browser's toolbar.
3. Select 'Empty Cache.'
4. Click 'Empty' in the dialogue box.
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-11-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
I am still being redirected to my profile page and I tried all the above. it took me a good 10 min to post this reply. Everytime I would click on anything on the forums I would get redirected to my profile page. I ended up logging out and going to this thread and then logging it at the top of this page. Then when I clicked on "Post Reply" it took me back to my edit profile again. I clicked on the "back" down arrow and selected to come back to this thread. Then I clicked on "Quick Reply" then I was able to post. WOW what a pain. But it doesn't happen all the time just about 90% of the time if I click on anything to do with the forum.
Old     (hughes144)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-11-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Whatever you did or I did now works just fine. Thanks!
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-11-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
Troy, have you tried it on another computer?
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-11-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
No I haven't. Don't have access to another computer right now. On a business trip.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
i followed instructions above. i've cleared the cache. i just got directed to the edit profile page again. so annoying.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-12-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
I was finally able to duplicate this issue and that will make it much easier to fix. Until then, I recommend you first login on the home page and then go to the forums. I think it has something to do with logging in at the forums. Let me know if that helps.
Old     (hughes144)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-12-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
It just happened to me again after I thought it went away. But I think it was because I had new messages in my profile that forced me to automatically forwarded to Edit page. I did tried to go back to forum without checking the new message and it didn't work. So I went ahead and read the message, after I read those messages, it stopped. That might be the issue?

Ada,
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-14-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
It is working correctly now for me. well so far. Thanks for whatever you changed.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-16-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Is anyone still having a problem with this? If so, post it here with as much detail as possible. Thanks!