Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-31-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
just spoke to Joey Meddock and something big is happening at The Standerd tomorrow. He wouldn't give me any details, but said whatever it is, is happening tomorrow. will let you know when I do.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Sweet brudda...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-31-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
I spoke to Joey today too. He said they were working on something but didn't say what? I wonder what's cookin over at the Standerd????
Old    wakejjboard12            07-31-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
From their myspace bulletin....

"Tomorrow is History. 8.1.08"
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-31-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
bleh
Old    walt            07-31-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
What ever it is I'm sure it will be good. Maybe they are going to publish one of my shots ?
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-31-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
Let's hope so Walt!!!
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-31-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
hope they send us all a bonus issue
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2008, 4:16 AM Reply   
I just checked it out and all of the issues are online. It is pretty freaking sweet. You can make it full screen and turn it page by page. It's a pretty sick idea. I'm sure some folks will be losing some time at work today.

So,we all got our bonus issues!
Old    walt            08-01-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
Here you go,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wake Revolution: The Standerd Releases All Issues Online

August 1st, 2008, Orlando, FL – In a surprise move, The Standerd announced today that all issues are available to view online, in their entirety, at www.StanderdOnline.com.

Other digital magazines are emerging, but The Standerd's site has one very significant difference -- it's absolutely free. No credit card or personal information needed.

It's a revolutionary step forward, not only because of the worldwide exposure for wake sports, but as an example of a radical way to successfully produce both a print and digital version of a publication.

The print version of the quarterly books will continue to be produced in their usual limited-run fashion, making each physical issue even more of a collector's item for core wake fans.

One month after each official book release, the digital version will be posted. August 1st marks the digital release of Book 2.2 (print edition released July 1, 2008), as well as all past issues.

With the online launch, the reader-supported publication expands its reach to a global audience. "We want the whole world to see what our subscribers already know."

"Our unique perspective shows the lifestyle, action and beauty of wake like no other magazine. The number one goal has always been to enrich and advance wake sports, so free digital issues made perfect sense. We couldn't be more stoked to announce this," says Senior Photographer Joey Meddock.

While the online version broadcasts The Standerd's content to the world at an instant, subscribers are rewarded every quarter with stickers, DVDs and more included in their printed issues.

“Because our books have super high-quality printing and paper, an online version still can't match the subscriber experience of getting the issue in your mailbox," said Art Director James Krawczyk. "And now that there's an online version, subscribers can expect even more swag with their books every time."

In some cases, the digital versions offer a way to resurrect issues that are sold out, like Book 2.1 from this past April. "Barnes & Noble, board shops and subscribers scooped up 2.1 quick, so this gives anyone who missed the print version a way to still enjoy the book," said Meddock.

The Standerd is an award-winning wake magazine founded by top photographers Joey Meddock and Josh Letchworth. Each quarterly book features over 400 exclusive photos, engaging writing, innovative graphic design and very few ads. The reader-supported publication proudly limits advertising to keep the focus on the sport and quality content.

As wakeboarding and wakeskating continue to grow and progress, The Standerd is making a major leap forward in the digital revolution.

See for yourself at www.StanderdOnline.com
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
SIK!!!!!!!!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-01-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
Man that is cool. Did you see the pic near the end of the Vandall and Parks?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-01-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
Walt do you ever sleep? The digital version is sick go check it out! NOW!

www.StanderdOnline.com
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-01-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS STANDERD.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-01-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
outstanding! This is the WAY of the FUTURE...goodbye printed mags..
Old    wakejjboard12            08-01-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
wow. so much going on today with this and the vandal signing... and i thought i would be bored at work lol!

DEF SICK!
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
For Free? I'm there! I don't do anything at work anyways
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-01-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Shaun, it is not Aug 1st, it is August 2nd.
My 55th birthday.
Send presents.
I will be at the Canyon Lake Contest...
Super Vets Rule... (actually we don't but it is fun to say)
Aloha - Joe Pearson
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-01-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
my productivity is going to be at an all time low today. Thanks Standerd!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-01-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Book 2.1 -- page 95...left side -- THATS ME!

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on August 01, 2008)
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Damn work filter. Try at home I guess... Sorry kids, busy for a while...
Old     (cedarbro)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Thats BA Bro.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-01-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Wow. Hands down the best publication I've ever seen in wakeboarding. Thanks for bringing this to the 'net guys.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-01-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
anyone able to get this web page running properly on Linux? RHEL 5 here + firefox. looks good but none of the mouse tools to view or change pages work.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
damn standard... i just bought every issue!
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-01-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
Oh my gosh! This is AWESOME!! Thanks so much guys! Cant wait to check them all out...
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-01-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
It's not bad to buy those issues. It's that support that allows them to even create an issue in the first place. i think that part is important to remember.

Oh, it's also important to remember that the standerd is bad to the bone. But I bet you already know that.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-01-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Electricsnow, you are absolutely right. Supporting the industry allows them to bring this content to the net. Don't be cheap go order the next issue. They're worth every penny.

Plus how many people really want to take their laptop to the toilet with them?

Lol!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
"Plus how many people really want to take their laptop to the toilet with them?"
word

I love having the actual magazine. The books are not your regular mag. They are something you can leave on the coffee table. Quality paper and first class photography. Most people i show them to think its a photobook not a magazine.

but i do like online versions so i can browse at work. but it doesnt replace a hard copy imo.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
It is great that they have put these out there for everyone, but sitting there and leafing through a new Standerd makes it worth the purchase price. They are impressive compilations.