Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-12-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
i have searched and found thread http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/265699.html#POST577884

i just purchased an 05' Supra 22ssv GG... should it have not come w/ the larger bags? w/ qick measurements, the rears are only 250 each and the frt locker sac only 650... is this correct? will this boat not want more weight in the rear? are there other sacs that i can purchase other than what flyhigh offers on their website? i mean should i go w/ the 400's or larger? any help will be appreciated...
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
I think the larger bags were optional, not sure though. I bought the boat that Jon Allen is talking about in the thread you linked. I'm still running the same set up and loving it.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-12-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
i just don't see how there is room in the rear lockers for that amount of weight...

thanks for your response...
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
I'm heading out Sunday, I'll grab some pics. The bags will completely fill the rear lockers. The front one will pop the middle cushion in bow up if it's totally filled.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-13-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Nope, your boat would not have come with the larger bags unless the original owner upgraded them after purchasing the boat. There is plenty of room in the back compartments for larger bags. They will accomodate the GG bags that measure 19x19x42 (545 lbs each).

You may have to remove the dummy wall on the drivers side in order for the larger bag to fit. The front compartment (as long as it's the playpen style) will accomodate a 19x19x88 GG bag (1100 lbs).

You can find these bags at Wakeside.com or possibly your dealer. Again, they would not have come with the larger sacs from the dealer. The dealers will only sell them separate from the boat purchase (over weighting liabilty reasons).
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-13-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
gotcha, thanks for all the help..

gg bags are expensive -- 209 each and 329 for the front --that's insane....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
there is a guy that sells them on ebay cheaper... give it a shot
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
diggs, thanks --but not able to find them..

GG rear sacs are 209.00 42x19x19 =565

can i not go w/ the 50x20x20 for 150.00 each and just let them fill to waht they will and conform to the space?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-15-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
^^^^^ that's what I used to do, but after time the bags will press on the walls (the starboard/plastic material ones) and warp them.

If I were to do it agin I would just run the v-drive bags in the rear and the upgrade 1100 in the nose. + people.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-15-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Josh congratulation on the boat. Have you taken the new boat out to belews yet. I was out Sat. and it seemed like I had the hole lake to my self.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
Blair, thanks... we were out sat morning from 8-12 or so -- never seen another wake boat -- just a few fisherman -- was glass the entire time --gorgeous day..

Adam, if i upgrade to the 1100# one, will fill anywhere near that? Are you still looking for a set of sacs? Seems i can get just as much if i add a 750# - 50x20x20 to the front--- So your reccomendation is to not go w/ the 750's in hte rear -- doesn't this hull like more in the rear? What if i remove the frt plastic wall on the right side?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
A couple of thoughts from my experience with my SSV.....

1) Yes, the front GG sac will not fill all the way up to 1100 lbs. The compartment won't allow it to. I had custom sacs made for my SSV about 3 years ago. My front sac will fill to a little over 800 lbs, but it fills up the entire compartment except for the last 12-18 inches at the very front of the bow. I also have 200 lbs of rubber coated weight lifting plates under the bow seat cushions. Basically I'm running 1000 lbs up front.

2) You will definitely need to remove the panel on the driver’s side in the rear compartment if you want to put a larger sac back there. I think you could get away with the 20x20x50 sacs. The side panels next to the engine will warp even with the 19x19x42 sacs back there. It's really not that big of a deal, but that's totally your decision.

The SSV does not necessarily need more weight in the back, but that all depends on how you like to ride. Having larger sacs in the back just gives you more versatility in allowing you to adjust the size of your wake depending on the number of passengers you have on any given day. You can achieve the same large wake with smaller sacs, but you will need to run at slower speeds with the wake plate up. The bottom line is the more weight you run in the back, the faster you will need to go in order to keep the wake from washing out.

For example, I typically ride with just one other rider. With the two of us we fill the front sac all the way up, the port sac all the way up, and the starboard sac about ¾ full (to compensate for only one person in the boat driving). The slowest I can ride with this set up is around 22 mph at 68 feet; otherwise the wake will start to wash. Rope length also becomes a factor. With this set up I can slow it down to 21.5 mph, but then I need the rope all the way in at around 63 feet. Any further back and the lip starts curling over, even with the wake plate all the way down. If I have a few more passengers in the boat I can fill both rear sacs 100% full and use passengers to balance out the boat. However, I then need to ride at around 22.5 mph at 68 feet to keep the wake from washing out.

The point I’m trying to make is that having larger sacs back there will give you the ability to tweak your wake to the conditions you are riding with that day. The SSV can be a very finicky wake and being able to adjust the ballast is important. The wake plate also helps tremendously too. I personally like the larger sacs back there because it allows me to have a huge wake even with just a two man rotation (Yep, in Texas you do not have to have a third; just a mirror).
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Richard, what size is your frt sac that you had made? (dimensions) Who did it? Cost? What would you do different if you could...
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Sat morning, we had 3 peeps in the boat + a rider. Both 250's in the rear full and the frt 400 or so full.. 22.5 and 75ft rope, wakeplate a bit above half way up... Wake was no where near washy.. Left the old sacs at home, wasn't able to see where i needed more... The boat has the 340hp --and let me tell you -- night and day difference between the 325.... I love the power...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-15-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Josh, richard knows that boat very well.

The only reason I thought I ever needed the 750's in the rear was to surf.

I normally ride witha crew of 4-5 people, so having that much weight int he rear wasnt' necc.

Custom sac built by fly high are very $$$$$. yrou better off just buying somethgin they already make.

I think the gravity games front bag sells for $350 or so.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Josh,

My custom front sac is 15x19x78 = 800.28 lbs. My rear sacs are the same as the GG sacs, 19x19x42. I had them made at Boarder's Paradise and they cost me $256 for all three (shipped). Unfortunately, BP no longer makes custom sacs. However, I believe that Get High Sports still makes custom sacs. Although, GHP's custom sacs are not the same thickness as the Fly High GG sacs, they are just the standard after market fat sac material. My sacs are like that as well.

My sacs also do not have the quick connect fittings like the Fly High sacs have. However, I was able to convert them into quick connect fittings by getting creative in the Home Depot plumbing dept. I've been using these sacs almost 3 years with zero issues, so I wouldn't worry about the thickness of the sacs if you decide to get them from GHS. They should hold up just fine.

The last thing I suggest you do is to add a ball valve to the drain line for the front sac. Skier's Choice decided it would be best to but the drain hole at the rear of the boat. Therefore, each time you pull up a rider the water from the front sac flows down the line and right out the drain. I added a ball valve to this drain line that shuts off the drain flow and keeps all the water in the front sac.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
thanks for the info guys....

guess maybe i will go w/ the gg sac up frt and leave the 250's in the rear --maybe add a few lead ingots.....

have either of you done anything creative w/ the wasted space under the rear seat?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-15-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-15-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
adam, i remember your post on this a long time ago -- i completey forgot about it....

how often did you use your rear facing (stadium) seating... i personally don't ever see me using it..
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-15-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
you can still use the rear facign seating with the setup above.

I rarely used the rear seat configuration...any more than a couple people in the boat and it felt really crowded.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Yep, I have never used the stadium seating. Actually I typically just take out the rear seat and side seat cushion completely. Since I rarely ever ride with more than 3 riders total, I don't need the extra seating and I prefer the extra floor space for coolers and gear.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
hey richard, where did you put the ball valve for the front sac. i have heard other people talking about this. and do you have a picture of that configuration.thanks
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-16-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
cody, you can also just stick a wine cork in the thru hull fitting for the front drain.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-16-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
thanks guys..

i ordered the GG sacs this am from a guy in TN (maxwake on e-bay) for 575.00 shipped w/ fittings.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-16-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Cody,

First determine which through hull fitting drains the front sac. Then find the hose connected to that fitting from inside your rear compartment. Cut the hose about 6 inches from the through hull fitting and then insert the ends of the hose that you cut into a ball valve like this one:

Upload