Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-24-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
I just got an 05 140 parks board could i get some reviews from some people that have it.
Thanks
BC
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-24-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard6.asp?ProductID=2582

scroll down.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-24-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
On this site you will find a lot of real loyal CWB fans and some Parks 'haters'. I'm not ashamed to say that I ride an 05 Parks DNA 140 and love it. It holds an edge great, has great pop and is soft on the landings. Some people say that the board is to 'advanced' for the average rider but I disagree. I am NOT a real good rider and think it handles great. I don't think that it is unpredictable at all.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-24-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
I second trevor as I ride a Parks 140 (05)...
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
Trevor and kenny, my other question is it a slow board like the byerly or is it faster.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-25-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
Brian-
I personally think that it is a fast board. I rode an 02 Premier 140 DNA for 3 years and didn't realize how slow that board was until I rode the Parks. When I first hoped on the Parks, I would take the same cut that I would on the Premier and land too far out into the flats. I actually think I ride better on the Parks because I slowed my cut down and make more of a progressive edge. And that's because it is a lot faster than what I was used to. One reason, I think, it may seem fast to me is that it holds the edge so good. When I get on edge, I feel very locked down and confident to cut as hard, or easy, as I want.

I did changed my fins to the .7s. I think the board is a lot more fun with the .7s. It is a little looser when I want it to be, BUT, it still tracks great! They have the .7s at grizzly sports for $10/each with free shipping.

As far as the Byerly...I have only ridden one a couple times and didn't care for it at all. I didn't like the way it handled and didn't think the pop was that special. The Parks, for me, is nice because it handles the way I want it to, it is quick, it has great pop and seems to be soft on the landings.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
My son rode the 03 & the 04 parks and loved them. Got the 05 and didn't like it as much, it kind of has a mind of it's own, big pop but unpredictable. he swithced to the 05 3DS & loves it.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-25-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
I have the 05 and after riding it for a season with the 1.1's I am thinking of throwing the .7's on for the spring just to feel the difference. It seems like many people like this board with the smaller fins.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-25-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
That's the first time I have ever heard someone say they thought the 05 was more unpredictable than the 03 and 04. The changes they made in 05 were made to make the board less 'squirly'. In 05 they brought the middle, furthest, tip in to give the board more control. They also widened the tip and tail. I road an 03, both 138 and 143, and thought they were both too 'squirly' - that's why I stuck with my 02 premier until 05. I'm sure Randy's son really feels like that, but, I don't think very many people share his opinion.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-25-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
I switched the fins from the 1.1 to the .7..1.1 grab to much sling shotting me into the wake the .7 I have TOTAL control of the board. I believe this board is deceptively fast, the acceleration is extremely compare to my brother in law's byerly.

I got my .7's from Grizzley also from RV and Mike.

again I agree with Trevor..

Trevor what length and speed you ride at?
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-25-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Kenny-
75ft / 22-23mph / 2000lbs in the boat.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Trevor, every rider has a diffrent take on what works, he rode the 33 in 03 & 04, maybe the smaller board worked better for him then, I think he was about a buck 20 at that time. Find a board that's works for you and not worry about what someone's take on it is. He felt the 05 was slow, you feel it's fast, diffrent riding styles maybe, enjoy it, Hyperlite boards rock.