Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2007, 4:24 AM Reply   
I was cleaning my boat the other day and I noticed 2 quater size bubbles in my gel coat. Bubble may be to strong of word, it just a small area where the surface is raised higher than the rest. It is almost like something is under the gel.

Im taking it to my dealer this weekend to have him look at, but I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this and can give me a preview of what it may be
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-08-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
If it's in an area that stays wet, they're blisters. The only way to repair is to grind them out and regel the area.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
There is one just behind the nav light on the nose and then another nearly on the top of the boat just behind the rear tower point. These are not spots I would say stay wet.

However, we did have that period of like 45 days straight rain and it was stored outside (but with the boat cover on). So perhaps the cover maintained the moisture and caused the blister (blister is the perfect description btw)?

Does anybody know if blisters would be covered in the standard Sanger warranty?

(Message edited by ccwhite on October 08, 2007)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
They could just be knots in the wood.
Old     (derrickhwc)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-08-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
i say 9-times out of ten it is Warranty are you bringing it back to me or taking it to Austin dealer.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
I sent an email to HWC last week trying to bring it in this saturday (the 13th) and have not had a response yet. I was going to call you today if I had not gotten a reply by 3pm. I sent the email to service@nautiqueway.com

I did talk with James briefly about this about a month ago. He wanted me to get photos for him but they didn't show up in the pictures.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
... There is an Austin Sanger dealer!?! Where is he located at? That would save me about 3hrs in drive time.
Old     (derrickhwc)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I heard there is a guy who just took Sanger on in Austin I can't remember who it is, but I know I saw a Sanger out on Lake Travis this past weekend that I did not sell. I don't think the Austin guy is even on the Sanger website yet and I tried to do a search but couldn't find him.

Your e-mail probably got spammed out of Cliff's e-mails on accident e-mail James at jameswilliams@flash.net and he will get back to you today.
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-15-2007, 1:25 AM Reply   
I just dropped mine off this wknd for the same problem on the stern. I really bummed me out
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-15-2007, 4:31 AM Reply   
Im taking mine down on the 26th. Hopefully it won't be gone very long :-(