Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Check out Ricky Gonzales hitting the infamous car slider, Phil on his 50cc, and a bunch of wake skate crashes.

Link: http://www.dpcfilms.com/videos.asp
Title: Big Block Slider Party
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Sweet Video. DPC Films kicks ass
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
DPC Rocks! Cool Film!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-24-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
Nice, I agree with Ant Bug... Those are some of the best clips, and short films I've ever seen. Looking forward to the next ones.

-Blake
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Thanks! You guys keep watchin' and we'll keep make 'em!

We were bummed that the event was a day behind schedule... Maybe next year..?

Mad Props to Ricky G for being the first to hit the car slider!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-24-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
very nice, kung fu. i think i'll quit making vids now, and leave it up to pros like you!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Some of the Wakeskate crashes were just brutal! Ouch!
Old    wsrmatt            08-24-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
dang my comp is too slow to check it. was ricky the only guy to hit the rail?
Old    byerly137pro            08-24-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
That one guy racked himself real hard on that rail near the end. OUCH! DPC films do rule
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Matt - On Thursday Ricky was the only one hitting the rail. I think he made a total of 5 or 6 attempts and then had enough..
Old    wsrmatt            08-24-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
i just talked to my boy and he said two riders hit the rail. ricky i guess wrecked on his first try then made it the second try. and the other rider(not sure) i guess made it first try then wrecked hard three tries after. and supposedly the falls were pretty bad cuz theres a ditch and its all dirt around so i think that why ricky only tried it twice and the other guy went for it 4 times. i sure wouldnt like to fall into a 8 foot ditch onto dirt at wakeboard speeds when your already 5 feet up grinding over a car. when you think about it thats like a 13 foot fall strapped into a board landing on dirt.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-24-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I don't know if i can do this.... but i give it 8 karate chops!! NIIIICE.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
LOL... Karate Chops accepted! Thanks Jeremy!

(Message edited by dcervenka on August 24, 2004)
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-25-2004, 1:00 AM Reply   
just 2 let everyone know Chris Williams is the other rider who hit that it first try, it was insane, most of the pros I know wouldn't of hit that contraption, Chris is also the one who falls the whole time in the vid, Gonzalezes fall wasn't in there, but it was one of the hardest you'll ever see, be sure to see more of this event, Chris, and Gonzalez in OUTKASTZ 2 coming out early 2005, you don't want to miss this........
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2004, 1:19 AM Reply   
Matt & Dirty - Thanks for clarifying.

I wasn't personally there, but Shannon Dunn (no.. not the female snowboarder..) who did all the filming concurred that "YES" two different riders attempted the car slider. They both wore the same vest, but one was wearing a hat and black shorts (I take it that was Chris?) Anyway I stand corrected and the web site has been updated accordingly.
Old    wsrmatt            08-25-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
yeah thats sick looking. makes wakeboarding look more urban you could say with a car thats got graffiti. so from what i could figure out chris is the rider hitting it at night and ricky is hitting it in the day time. those guys are sick. what you can barely see in the video my buddy said is the pool that is right after the car is only 4 feet wide and over like a 10 foot dirt ditch. like a bridge i guess that is also a pool. and if you are not straight on the first rail you miss the pool and fall in the ditch. sorry but not for me.
Old    wsrmatt            08-25-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
oh yeah who are those wakeskaters by the way. they look like they rip but i couldnt figure out who they are.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-26-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
they werent pro wakeskaters, not big names, but yea i am In the video!!!!!! Except not riding, but still i got in it and thats all that counts, ya the fall that Ricky took the first time was pretty massive but he got up and hit it again like a champ. Chris is the man for hitting it, and like someone said about other pros wouldnt try it.....well there were more pros there and none of them hit it, not like i blame them but still mad props to Chris
Old    byerly137pro            08-26-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
matt that car grind thing sounds exactly like the one they had at my local shop up north and ricky g was there along with rusty and adkison, it was some nice ridin that day let me tell you
Old    rypayne            08-26-2004, 10:34 PM Reply   
I have a pretty good shot of ricky's fall. Kind of dark, but you can see it. I'll get it on soon.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-28-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
this is the slider i stitched together
Old    chriscut            09-28-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
I was there, and the car slider was no joke.

I know one of the wakeskaters in the video, the red head dude with the lightning bolt on his board shorts is Chris Olesiewicz of Wakeupfilms.com. He's def someone to watch out for, the guy has a sick ass style of riding.