Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-17-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
Has anyone had issues with a Fulton wench on their trailer breaking? Mine is only two years old (only have 118 hours on my boat so it doesn't get all that much use), and the gears were slipping really bad tonight and now there are some broken gear teeth. I power the boat onto the trailer so I know that I am not trying to pull too much weight... no where near the 700 LBS its rated to pull at "full drum" (or its rated "1400 LBS 1st Layer" whatever that means). The gears were slipping so bad (not due to the now missing gear teeth) that it wouldn't hold my boat on the trailer. Luckily I have a back up strap that at least allowed me to get my boat out of the water.

So my questions are:
Has anyone experience this problem?
Anyone know if Fulton is good with warranties?
If no warranty, then can anyone suggest a different brand that is higher quality?

Thanks for the help.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-18-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
You trailer came with a wench? like a pirate chick that puts out?

Broken teeth? thats pretty bad. The crank can loosen up and make it slip, but if you're breaking teeth on it 2 yrs in something else is wrong. replace it, they're cheap.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
The xlt in my opinion stinks, I just tossed the new F2 on mine, It is pretty sweet!
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-18-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nacho - I will trade my wench for a good working winch if anyone is interested.

I looked at the prices of these and they are less expensive then I thought they would be. The price on the one that I have is around $66 and an upgraded one looks to be around $100. I guess its not so much about the money (we all know boating is expensive) I am just pissed off that the winch failed and made it difficult to get my boat out of the water. Seems like Fulton needs to produce a better product.