Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-14-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
has anyone been on this board and have any input?

I love my 07 natural to death but wanted more pop out of it like my 08 murray.

also, what do you guys think between the decade and byerly assault?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2009, 8:46 PM Reply   
There has been a few threads on the ride of the decade and from the sounds of things, it is an all-around upgrade from the natural... like the Natural was from the player. but it is more than an upgrade, it's an all-around new shape not just an "upgrade"

here is one thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/626824.html

i have not ridden either of the boards, and i imagine the chances of someone having ridden two new 09 models to make a comparison is limited to none.

limited to the two i know i'd have a hard time choosing. PERSONALLY i think i might end up going with the byerly just because of the "flex" they put into the board (still not what i'd call a flex board though) BUT with your already established approval and love of the natural i think YOU might like the decade better.

just some thoughts, helpfull or not, there they are. ;)
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       01-15-2009, 1:39 AM Reply   
goride, just got mine this past week and will be trying it next month. I'll post back with some input but from what I've heard, it's an awesome ride. FYI, I've been riding the Vice for the past 3 seasons and loved that board. Chris Johnson, the R&D director at Obrien told me that the Decade is going to blow my mind. I can't wait.

My gut reaction would be that if you really like your Natural, you won't go wrong with the Decade.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Like I said in the link Jeremy posted, the Decade Rocks!!

If you like the Natural I think you will really like the Decade.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-15-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
i've heard that the Decade is supposed to be a lot stronger than the Natty, correct?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Stronger in what way? It's not like the Natural had a tendency to break as far as I know.

It does have a large beveled edge in the center of the board. This should help the board last longer when ridden on sliders because it moves the parting line up and away from the impact area.

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-15-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
personally, i had a lot of problems snapping my Natty...went through 4 in 2 months. switched to the player for half of last summer and only busted 1. i thought i heard the Decade had a different, stronger base in it than the Natural?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-15-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
The Decade looks AMAZING. I just got one from O'brien I should be on it in a week. I will post up a FULL review.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-15-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
Where are you going to be riding Andy, I would assume not MinneSNOWta
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-15-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha, southern Cali! No minnesota Riding for me!
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-15-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
Hey Andy, why don't you and that decade come down to AZ in March or April. There is a loaded 24 VLX and SAN 220 waiting if you make the trip. I need either a new natural, or I am planning on waiting for a decade. I have ridden O'Brien since the evil twin.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-15-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
Decades for everyone!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
That would be a wise decision!