Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
I have the 04 LF Ultra's and even after i broke them im after about 10 minutes my feet go numb and i cant ride anymore. It sucks cause i want to keep riding if im having a good run. Even when i take them off they still hurt for a few minutes. I have no problem getting them on and off though. Should i try rotating them somehow? I ride goofey if that helps at all..

Thanx so much,

Jamie
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-18-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
im thinking they are probably too small

i had the same thing with my systems...

now i have zeuses
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
No they are the right size. They are mediums that fit size 7-9 and im an 8.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-18-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
you could easily go to large... but this is a classic Ultra problem.... you deal with it, keep riding, eventually they either break in or you just dont feel the pain anymore. I've been on ultra's for years.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-19-2005, 3:19 AM Reply   
Jamie, my highbacks do the same thing and they're the right size. I've tried changing the duck and nothing changed. After my first set, Paul is right, you just don't feel the pain anymore. I'm waiting for the '06 Zues to come out and may switch. Heard they're really comfy.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-19-2005, 5:57 AM Reply   
like paul said, classic ultra problem. the underlay can be loosened but its a pain in the ass.
Old    luv2wake2            08-19-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
When you pull your feet out after a run , look for pressure points on your feet. Usually its either white or red marks. I had to cut on my bindings to customize them. If you go up to the next size they could be to loose, which is dangerous. If you have some extra holes left in your wraps , I would do that first. And don't cinch in , any tighter than you have too.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
Yea whenever i take them off there are definatly red marks right on the top of my foot a little more toward the inside of my foot. I think i'll try going to the next hole up to loosen them a little. It looks like a pain in the ass to do, but if it stops my feet from hurting so i can ride longer, its worth it. So there isnt anyway i can move them in or out to help with pressure points. I think i ride 1 hole in from the edge. Im 5'&' if that matters.
Old    tommcat            08-21-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
i found the LF bindings run a bit small. i'm also a size 8 and just had to return my medium transits because they were too tight. i'm riding larges now and they're fine.
remember, that size chart is just a basic guide. it doesnt apply to everyones foot.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-21-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
The new Zeus will end this problem because if you need a little break you just reach down and unhinge the latch. Then when your ready to go, snap back in place and hit it and git it.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
I loosed the inlays today while on the beach, and it was a pain in the ass cause i kept messing up, and it helped a little bit, but it seems like after i did that, i dont have much ankle support anymore because the inlays are looser. If they dont get any better by the end of the year, i'll see about getting new ones for next year. I really like the Lf Transits LE.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-21-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
there is a reason why wrap bindings have mostly gone to the wayside.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-21-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
there is a reason why the Ultra's haven't changed in that past few years.... they are awesome.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2005, 11:17 PM Reply   
I have exos and had the same problem. One of the guys I ride with suggested spraying suntan oil in the boot... Works perfect...don't use a lot though.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-22-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
I ride Ultras myself...and yes, there is a break in process. Just use plenty of soap getting in, and after a handful of sessions, you should be alright.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Chris - What exactly would spraying suntan oil in them do? I have no problem getting them on and off, that is actually the easy part. It's when im riding my feet get numb.

Toolfan - I think i got my ultras bout..a month or so ago, im not exactly sure but ive ridden them quite a bit. At least 2 times a week and up to 5 times. How long did it take for your Ultras to break in all the way.

Would it help putting them in on the hot tub, or putting wet towels in or something still??

Thanx
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-22-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
I ride ultras and have the same problem, but not quite after 10 minutes it's more like 20 or so. I have always loved the way they feel until they start hurting. They definitely cut my sets short. I have been a big fan of the traditional wrap, but next year I will be buying a different pair. Something that I can stay in until I am tired of riding not until my feet hurt too much to keep going.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
I have 05 liquid force team bindings and only rode a couple of times. My feed do the same.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
so maybe LF sizes do run small or something if this is happening to more people and with different bindings. I just took my bindings off my board and wore them in the bath tub for a while ( and found out shaving cream works good to ge them on by the way) with really hot water then i got an idea. I put a baseball in the middle of the bindings where my foot hurts the most and some body spray bottles in the toes. Im riding in the morning for senior pics so i'll post how it worked tomorrow.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-23-2005, 12:08 AM Reply   
there a suction binding. when you put them on they suck to your feet eventually making your feet go numb. Spraying them relases some of the pressure, of cousre they will feel like they aren't on as tigh but... I have had my exos for 3 seasons and have just recently started doing it, they are now not only super light but they feel nice also
Old    penny4urthots            08-23-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Jamie-

Slap em on, sit in a hot tub or bathtub for about 20min. Then get out and run cold water over them for about 30 sec. Repeat this a few times and you should be a little happier.

Guys- shave your feet up to the ankles, I swear it helps.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-23-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
Chris - So just spray a little suntan oil in them next time i go out? Would sunscreen work or actually suntan oil?
Old    penny4urthots            08-23-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
Jamie-
DO NOT use suntan oil, lotion, soap, etc. These fluids WILL eventually damage your binding material. The adhesive that holds the "multi-density" foam together on your boots will degrade if you use soap or oil, etc. Not to mention the increased odds of getting hurt by slipping out of boot.

A wise alternative... Find the cheapest FOAM shaving cream you can and keep it on the boat for lube. Soap and suntan oil tend to NOT rinse off after foot entry leaving you with a slippery run. On the other hand shaving foam is whisked away easily by the water. It helps get you in your boot quicker, and it maintains a lube free riding experience.

Sorry if you already do this. I just can't stand to watch you torch a good set of boots with soap and oil because you didn't know any better.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-23-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
I haven't tried sunscreen but I am sure it would work. the tops of my feet have a tendancy to burn. Take some baby oil that will work also. I used to use lube but it washes out once your in the water and they just end up hurting again. Last time I went I sprayed 2-3 squirts in each boot and rubbed it in. went through 2 30 minutes seshs without having to do them again.
Old    bronco991            08-24-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
My feet start to get numb after about 10 min too, I have very wide feet so I got XL Parks even though I am only a size 9.5...But still my feet get numb...any suggestions...Also does anyone know if LF bindings are wider the HL because Im looking to switch to LF because my parks have ripped in 3 places
Old    corkyswx2            08-25-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
WoW You guys can ride for ten minutes? ha. My feet wear down quick. I figure 3 decent falls and I am done. I had to ride for like 30 min striaght for a clinic I did and I thought I was gonna die. When your feet get tired, your body is tired and you should be back in the boat- that's how I look at it.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-25-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Courtney. You need to get your time in on your set whenever it's available pain or no pain before the water goes to jack. BTW, whichever one you are in your profile, you're both hotties.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-26-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
jamie- I used to do the same thing. try using 12 oz glasses. I had some that were perfect cylinders and they worked pretty well. If you put them in a sock its real easy to slide them in. i never tried heating up the bindings with the glass in there, but you might try it. you could get them hotter than with your foot in them. anyway, the glass will help stretch the inlay just a bit, yet still hold your foot down.