Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-15-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
just looking for opinions on the boats. Me and my family like them alot
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-15-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
same exact boat/hull....
The SSV does not have the steps into the boat that the Sunsport has. The SSV will typically be more loaded with wakeboard options, but you can get those on the Sunsport also.
Great boat and great wake!!!!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-15-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
We are seriously looking at a sunsport. The dealer got us looking at it because of some of the more "family friendly" features. That is what I would consider them. We wakeboard and ski but the boat will be primarily for family time. The steps and cooler are very functional.

When we do have a group that wants to do some serious boarding it has eberything the SSV has.

We drove it a few weeks ago and it is a great ride. I was quite impressed at the application of the WakePlate and how it changes the dive, handling and shapes the wake.

Just my thoughts on what I observed. If everything goes right we will own a sunsport 24 in 3 weeks.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
Sunsport for sure-That big cooler and the steps so people are not stepping on your seats is nice.
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-17-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
the sunsport has 1150lbs of ballast and the launch has 1950lbs I don't understand that? please help. thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-17-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
The Gravity Games bags are larger. Pretty sure you can get the larger bags on the Sunsport. If not through factory then definately through the dealer.
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       10-17-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
how much for the sunsport
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-17-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
I have the Sunsport and the steps are nice but people step on your seats anyway. IE. to get boards ect.... I got the wakeboard package that came with the standard 1950 lbs and tower. The cooler is really just a trash can for me.... sometimes storage as it is not very well insulated. I do like the walk through option. It gives you the storage also. Not sure it is worth the extra $1999 (I think that is the amount) you pay for it though.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-17-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Go for the launch they are the same boat except the launch has the full rear seat and a play pen. People are going to step on you seats any ways and I prefer the extra seat and for 07 all the launches have the platform for when you open the drivers side rear hatch there is a walkway. Go with the launch...
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
To answer some of the questions....

The main differences in 2007 of the Sunsport 24V and Launch 24SSV is the Sunsport has a true walk thru bow and the Launch is a playpen. That is also the reason for the different ballast capacity. The playpen is much deeper and comes with a larger standard front bag. The walk thru is a brand new design for 2007.

Hope that helps.

matt
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-18-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
I have a Sunsport with the Playpen bow and large sac. The walkthrough is not exclusive to the Sunsport.
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
Gene,

You are correct. In 2005 and 2006 the Sunsport 24V and Launch 24SSV were both playpen in the front. For 2007 the Sunsport has a new deck and you can only get the Sunsport with walk thru and Launch in Playpen. Same with the new 2007 22 Series.

Hope you are doing good Gene. I am sure I will be talking to you soon. Email me sometime and let me know how things are going.

matt
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-18-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Thanks Matt. I definately want to talk to you. I will be calling you next week or the week after. I will send you an email detailing my thoughts. Thanks for your help.
Old     (kcsideways)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Not sure the larger GG keel bag in the Launch Playpen bow will now fit the '07 Sunsport W/T bow?? Matt??
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Rick,

The bag that comes standard on the walk thru version is 10x16x70. That is about the largest bag that will fit. You might could go a little longer but no taller or wider. The bag that fits in the playpen as standard is 19x19x88. Obviously that ones holds a lot more water.