Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
Suggestions please... Can anyone recommend for places to get on the Delta in the Tracy, Manteca, Lathrop area. We live in Lathrop.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Rivers End!! I think that is the best local spot!Im in Tracy and we are out there 5 or 6 times a week. I also like orwood but its a little far for ya.(next to Disco) Nice boat!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
I dunno about River's End... they have huge sharks and pirates all over the place, can be pretty dangerous

haha, just playing, that's where I launch, quick access to the good spots :-)
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-19-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
3rd vote for Rivers End
Old    walt            07-19-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
The ramp at Rivers end is not to friendly if You have a two wheel drive truck though.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-19-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
I'm out of Manteca and usually launch at Dos Reis right there in Lathrop just cause its so close... cool spot to get some sets in...about 15-20min boat ride to the stockton main channel...Other then that, Rivers end...
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
What about Mossdale?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Watch your guide poles at rivers end, I had one of mine float away (since the ramps so steep) and a buddy had to swim to get it back.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-19-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
we launch out of river's end too. I heard Tracy Oasis is a good spot as well.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-20-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Lost my guide pole there too. If you launch at low tide the ramp cuts off and drops big time.....trailer literally drops! pain in the butt getting the boat lined up on the trailer during low tide.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Mossdale is kinda bad because the ramp is steep, long and the current is usually pretty fast. Dos Reis is usually good. Tracy oasis isn't to bad but some people don't care for it.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
Launching at the Delta has always been an adventure!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Lads in Stockton is good it's at the west end of March lane. A bit closer to ya too!
al
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-20-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Tracy Oasis - http://tracyoasismarina.com/
Rivers End - http://riversendmarina.com/
Ladds Marina - http://www.californiadelta.org/vwd_justso.htm
Orwood Resort - http://orwoodresort.com/home.shtml

Lzy
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Ohh yah, watch out for the vortex of fury at tracy oasis. Right between the two sloughs where you drive through the current can get pretty serious, sometimes you have to really power through that spot to avoid getting pushed into the rocks. The trippiest part is driving crooked through that thing, the boat will be going straight, but pointed at a 45% angle.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
I haven't been on Grant Line much this season but it seems like the current is off the hook there since they removed that rock dam.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-20-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
Matt - It has slowed down TONS from Jan n Feb n Mar, I here ya though on the whirlpool right there, in the winter it was crazy....

Rich - they have put 1/2 the dam back in place as of yesterday.

Lzy
Old    wakelvr            07-20-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
We launch out of River's End. 10 minutes from our house, 5 minutes to fast water (long 5 mile zone)!!! No restaurant, no gas. Tracy's Oasis is close too. Nice since they upgraded their ramp. Restaurant closed, gas open.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hey, does anyone ride past tracy oasis under that bridge and beyond? We were scoping it out one day and noticed some serious sandbars to be aware of. I am just curious if there is a secret line/pathway to get through there? It seems like there could be some seriously nice conditions back there if you are able to not destroy your running gear.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-20-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
LOL - uhhhhh ya Matt, I tried it once to,luckily we were idoling along just scoping it out but I hit a sandbar 40 feet out from the levy / dead center about 100 feet around the corner.... I think theres a place you can launch by Mossdale to get over there but I never have.... The rock dam is about 1/2 way across but still accessible as of yesterday.

If you find it - lemme know!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
Yah we got stuck too, luckily we were idling as well. I saw the water texture change and I slowed down to a idle, glad I did! Luckily we were able to back out of it with little effort.

Just been trying to find some secret spots away from the masses that doesnt take a half a tank to get to.
Old    mendo247            07-21-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
hows the B&W resort area???
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-21-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Morning Richard,

I have heard good things about B&W. Pete & Wes used to go out of that resort I believe a lot. I have never been there but maybe they will chime in.

http://www.bandwresort.com/

Lzy
Old    wakelvr            07-21-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
B&W is very nice (Wes showed us around;-). Not a lot of traffic out there. Water tends to be cooler but at this time of year, it's probably more refreshing.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-21-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
I have been going to B&W for at least ten years. Good people that run the place as it is family run. Launch ramp is one of the best in the Delta. Fuel dock is right around the corner. The water is much colder, and there are more turns to deal with along with bigger boats too. The chop can be a problem in the afternoon depending on the winds and tide. If windy it can be hard to find good water and the only place to ride can not really even handle two boats. Then you need to switch to the Southern river which is super twisty and very narrow. Most of the time the main river channel is ridable up North a couple of miles.

Victoria slough is a whole other world...

Edit: and coming out of Mendo B&W is one of the closest launch ramps, with ridable water, at the Delta.

(Message edited by Peter_C on July 21, 2006)