Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
I'll try to get a video next time I go out, but for now I need tips and maybe links to videos. I have figured out my HS W2W this year with help from you guys and now can do all four FS 180s off one wake. I'm wanting to get my TS W2W figured and start taking my 180s W2W before the end of the season, maybe even get in a 360. :-)

Thanks
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
same basic technique as HS cut in, stay on edge and stand tall at the wake. The only difference is that you have to conciously keep the rope from pulling you into a 180. It also helps to look at the horizon, not down. If you want to try to get a little more pop, I lean back a little harder at the bottom of the wake before takeoff. If you still cant get it, try long line TS to the middle of the wake first. Another thing to think about is that you should be approaching the wake with the same speed as you are when you are cutting out for a HS jump
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-23-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Good advice by bird.

Just to echo the handle thing......get it in really close, damn near against your hip. This is the only way that you can land back on your toe edge. Think about holding your edge up the wake, and keep that same body position in the air. You have to keep your chest/hips over your toe edge.

You can try the long rope trick, or shorten up the rope to 60 feet. I blame the lack of toeside skills amongst the newbies on the long rope trend. All these guys out there are trying to learn TS jumps at 75-80 feet of rope. They're making it way harder on themselves. Casing TS jumps will kick your ass.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-23-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Echo what everyone else said especially the rope to hip part & add HOLD YOUR EDGE THROUGH THE WAKE! You will probably reflexively back of at the wake which can throw everything off even if you are clearing the wake. trust your edge to pop/throw you. I completely agree with the shorter line length also. Bring it in an learn the correct basics before taking it out and trying to huck...........
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-23-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I agree with what everyone above as said. I'll add "Keep your shoulders inline with your direction of travel". It has everything to do with the above mentioned handle position and forcing your body not to commit to that 180.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-23-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
My problem was as follows. I would keep the handle at my hip when approaching for a toeside w2w jump. However, right before I would reach the top of the wake I would unknowingly let my arms straighten, thus losing all the line tension. So keeping the handle at your hip all the way up and through the jump is key. Letting all the line tension out causes you to case the wake nearly every time and sucks as stated above.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
I've been going ts w2w for a couple years, but just feel like I've mastered it this year. To reiterate what Tracktor said, HOLD THAT EDGE! I just recently started using a true progressive edge on my toeside, and the pop you can get is unreal. I used to just rail into the wake and let off at the trough without realizing it, robbing me of any vertical pop; I would just shoot across the wakes.
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-23-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
all of this is some good advice. However, when I was learning toeside the one thing that i wasnt doing was straightening my back knee at the top of the wake...for some reason i think i was trying to "pop" with both legs at the same time...once i started pushing the front leg up the wake with a progressive edge and thinking "pop" with the back knee at the very top..I started to pop so much better toeside
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-23-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
There is a good little video at www.wakexperience.com showing toeside w2w.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-27-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
The video at wakexperience.com was very helpful in seeing the proper body position of a strong toeside cut. Next time out I will practice their edging drills.

Looking at my toeside edge going out, I need the handle back tighter to my hip and my body leaning back a little more.

Upload
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
what section are the videos in, cant find them.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-30-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
Learnwake has a good toeside drill on you tube. Lean back down the line.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-31-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
Interesting. I'll give it a go next time I'm out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAheageD9c