Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    sikboy            12-08-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
HEEEEEELLPPP
im a newbeee to wakeboarding "approx 10 times". ive just figured out how to jump from wake to wake sucessfully, now i want to learn how to do a 180.
i try but for some reason my back end just slides out and i end up falling backwards... kartweeling... you know the usual fun stuff.
can anyone tell me how they learnt to do this.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-08-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
what your doing is spinning before you pop. Make sure you jump first, then rotate by bringing the handle in to your back hip.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-08-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
assuming you are regular, when pulling the handle to your right hip, rotate it so your thumb is pointing downward, this will put you over your board and help you not to slide out.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-08-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
Spot your landing then look for the shoreline.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-08-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
can you do a 180 ollie in the flats? Learn this first.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-08-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
Ride switch often.
Land on your toes and ride away on your toes.
Old     (jamesb)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-08-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Don't try to rush the 180 in the air, take it nice and slow. U should land with the board pointing as if you are going to cut out to the other side and make sure that you bend your knees alot when you land. Most people push out the tail of their board when first trying them because they are not taking it round far enough and landing on your TOESIDE edge.

Good luck, you will be stoked when you get it!
Old    sikboy            12-09-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
thanks fot the tips fellas..ill take your advice onboard and give it another shot next smash session!!!!!
tanx