Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
I just ordered these. Will they need to be broken in or should they feel alright the first few runs? I'm just worried if i should put them on the first day when i'll take 3+ sets or if i should wait for a shorter day of riding
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-29-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
no so good right out of the box.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2008, 4:40 AM Reply   
I've got a set on the way too. I just cannot get my 08 Murrys to work for me. I'm hoping the Transits fit me much better.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
I had some 06's and they worked pretty well out of the box.
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
Good stuff. Can't wait for these to get in tonight. It should be a nice upgrade form the torqs with hinge i was rockin.

Are they pretty comfy?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
Mine were comfy and they have a nice footbed. They had a few pressure points, but most bindings I have had do too. I used to wear elastic ankle "braces" (not for the support, but for the comfort) with my Transits and that took care of the pressure points. It made them feel much more fitted to my foot and smoothed everything out. Overall, they are a great binding, you'll enjoy them.
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-30-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
I had the o7's and they were super comfy till the side got ripped off from the plate...
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
I got mine in this afternoon. Not having them in the water yet, i can tell they'll be really tight around the toes. I mean super tight. And they also have more support in the places where it's needed too. They feel much better than my Torqs
Old     (wakegrl2109)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-30-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
Ive got 05 transits and am still rockin them, and havent been easy on them either. definately good bindings, but when I tried on the 07 transits it felt like they were alot stiffer and would need some breaking in. Let me know how you like, mine are about done for
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-02-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
I rode them yesterday, and keep in mind, this is all compared to my 06 Torqs.

Basically, i felt way more in control of my board with the transits because of how much more locked in i was. They were tight on my foot, but i didn't really care when i was riding. I also noticed that my foot really didn't get set into the binding until i had a good jump to push it in all the way.

I like them a lot.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
Just got mine in today. Trying them on now. They seem a little tight to me too.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
They are MUCH heavier than my 08 Murrays. I'm not sure if the additional weight will affect anything, it's just a noticeable difference.

I'll get them in the water tomorrow.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-04-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Boots fit good in the water. However, after about 30 min, my left side of my left foot was a little sore. Almost like it went to sleep. Any one know if these will stretch out any?