Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    bigstink41            06-23-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
i just came up on a '01 21ft. nautique direct drive with 80 hours on it. I have 2 250 lbs. fat sacks on each side of the engine but the wake still isnt much. Just wondering if anyone has an comments on weighting a direct drive. Price is not a problem.
one.
matt
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
I have a 95 Sport Nautique DD which is similar. I put a "tube" sac 9x12x62 in the floor ski locker and one on each side of the engine. I had the bigger sacs a few years ago that i used (on the sides of the engine) however they took up too much room in the boat for my tastes. I also have another tube sac that i partially fill under the rear seat. I believe you have a trunk... you could stash one or both of those small sacs you have in there and put sacs on the sides next to the engine. You could also put the sacs in the trunk, one tube sac laying in front of the back seat and one in the ski locker, this configuration will give you more space to walk however i think you will want more weight.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
the 250s on the side are not enough, step up to the 440s from launch
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
we run a 540 launch in our bow and a 540 launch where the back seat is plus liek 5 people scattered around. but our boat is a 93 malibu echelon. but the wake is really nice
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-24-2006, 4:54 AM Reply   
what type hull are we talking here? I had a good friend with an 01 Air Nauty that was direct drive and we couldn't get it to throw a decent wake no matter how much ballast we put in.