Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Someone just called me and asked if it was true that Brunswick Corp. (Bayliner,Maxum,SeaRay, ect. ect.) bought MasterCraft. I've looked on other sites and haven't seen anything. Does anyone know about this?
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=33372

Found it!
Old    bigd            10-07-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Check Yahoo finance for press releases.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
looked a bit but didn't see anything. got to get back to work. i'll check more later, thanks for the tip. I assume your just giving an idea of where to look and don't know anything.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
The only press release about mastercraft is from the 2nd. they are using Gateway computers for their offices and servers
I think(hope) that it is just a rumor.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-07-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
hahahahahah
Old    brye            10-07-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
I worked for US Marine for a little while one summer. Worked in their engineering dept. At that time they owned Searay, Bayliner, BAJA, and Mercury Marine. This was Brunswick (US Marine). Oh, and they made bowling ball pins! I think its kind of funny.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-08-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
and pool tables....
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-08-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
woah just checked out their website Brunswick owns everything. They just bought Lowe, Lund, Crestliner, and they own Mercury Mercruiser which explains why you can call for Mercruiser customer service and talk to someone who knows only bowling balls. Only kidding about the Mercruiser comment but I've heard people dissin on their customer service. Check out their website though they own a ton of stuff.

http://www.brunswick.com/index.html
Old    chavezychavez            10-08-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Go to the link to WB.Com and read my comments there. At this point it is no more than rumor.
Old    aircox            10-08-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
I spoke with a Manager/salesman at Cope and Mcpheters today, and he told me that the transaction is highly likely to happen, but is a HUSH HUSH deal. Also Bayliner is in the works of making another inboard boat,huh, are you putting 2 plus 2 together? This is FACT.
Old    chavezychavez            10-08-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Cox - If I have learned nothing else in the world of Investment Banking and Mergers & Acquistions, it's don't count your chickens until they have hatched.

Things change quickly in today's business environment, so until the blue ink is on the bottom line, and the 8-K is filed, I would consider this rumor/speculation.
Old    aircox            10-08-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
I understand that that you would like to consider this a rumor/speculation, but what I do know is what I was told and that Bayliner is making a inboard. This is a good thing for MC. I perdict that I see the old Sportstar 19 renamed Bayliner 19 Capristar. Really, I am not starting anything, I just had to throw in a laughter.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-08-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
The Sportstar 19 was already renamed. It's called the Svfara 609.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-08-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
"I understand that that you would like to consider this a rumor/speculation, but what I do know is what I was told"

How is that not rumor or speculation? I could "tell" you that I was going to buy MC, but that doesn't make it so.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2004, 11:13 PM Reply   
ha ha I love it Salmon Tacos, nice pull from the Svfara thread
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
I also thought it was called the MB Sports 190.

I wonder how much money you get from selling a mold?

How amny years did Bayliner make that old inboard that you hardly see any of. Boy thats a beauty!

I think this will make for 5 different owners of MC in the last 14 years or so, not sure though.

Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-09-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
Hmm.. you guys seem to know more than what i was able to learn from posting this Q on wakeboarder.com. At this time i am not sure whats happening.. Lets keep pooling info if anyone hears anymore.

J. Cox thats very interesting - Keep us updated!

Later

Brit
Old    hyperryd            10-09-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
Matt - I don't think MB Sports had to copy MasterCraft for an inboard ski boat when they owned Ski Brendella for a few decades. There have been ski boats built in Central Cali for many years without buying molds from east coast companies.
Old    aircox            10-09-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
John, have you met Dale Jr. ? Has he seen your boat? Bet he would go boarding with you if he saw your boat.. Love it man. Tell us the story behind that #8 Boat
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-12-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
John, wasn't sure but thought I'd heard this more than once. If you check the dimensions on the MB 190 a couple years back, because I think they've changed it this year or last, it's very similar to the 94 or so hull design of the Master Craft 190. I don't think the MB 190 of any year is like any Ski Brendella.

I was throwing it out there to see if anyone knew for certain???????
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-12-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
i heard from the president of mastercraft in may that MB did buy a boat from them and molded it.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-12-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
ok, Mastercraft rumour solution. I got this from a very reliable source.

basically MC has changed its Financial facility to the same company that fund Brunswick. The companies are still totally seperate, it jsut uses the same financiers (sp?).

Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
I may be completely off base, but I thought Calabria bought the ski brendella molds.

I would bet Brunswick is buying Mastercraft (or bought). And I mean more than sharing the same finance company.

Look at Brunswick's line of boats, what is the one type they don't own.....wakeboarding. www.brunswick.com Their line goes from the small Lunds to the big sea rays and hatteras yachts, with the family runabouts in the middle. No ski or wakeboarding. Curious?????
Old    chavezychavez            10-12-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
bsflower: Calabria owns the name "Ski Brendella" and everything related.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-13-2004, 2:08 AM Reply   
Shoot myself in the head with 'nother one of these threads.... BTW I shot JFK
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-14-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
Chavez, not to start anything but what I was told that Mike Brendell wanted the name. That is why Ski Brendella is now named Calabria. I now it gets more involed than that, it's just the short verson.

What does that mean to the quailty to MasterCraft boats if Brunswick owns MasterCraft???
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-15-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
I don't mean to highjack this thread, but is it true that MB Sports used the '94 MC 190 mold for their boats and if so what years?
Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-15-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
Mastercraft just moved into Brunswick's old facility.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-15-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
MasterCraft moved into the "old" facility 10 years ago. By the way the "old" facility was where the Sea-Ray Pachanga series was made. I was at the factory 3 weeks ago........This is another STUPID thread! RUMORS!

If Brunswick purchased MC, don't you think that they would have to make an annoucement to their shareholders?

Yes, the MB sports boat is a knockoff of the 91-94 Prostar 190 hull.

(Message edited by prostar205v on October 15, 2004)
Old    aircox            10-16-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Wow ,powerful outburst there barefooter... Maybe, just maybe Chapperal is thinking of buying Mastercraft.....
Just a Rumor
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-16-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
Yes, very passionate barefooter.

Thanks for clarifying the MB 190 issue. That's exactly what I thought I had heard at some time.

I guess I won't ask about the lifting fin on the rudders then.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-17-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
I have heard now from a second source about MC, this rumour IS crap.

Its only the financial backing, nothing more, nothing less.

Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-18-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
"I guess I won't ask about the lifting fin on the rudders then."

Band-aid for a bad hull design.