Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-05-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
OK, so i would consider myself a intermediate rider and have been looking to upgrade my board for next season. I have been using a Hyperlite I bought a couple years ago as a board/Boot combo. This board is heavy and came with removable fins. I have never liked the board much since I bought it but in came a live somewhat last year when I removed the fins.

I plan on making more of commitment toward wakeboarding versus surfing next year and looking for a board that will serve me well.

I am 5' 7" 170lbs.

If i would say what is important to me it would be a comfort level on the board when cutting and jumping. I want a board that can cut and bite but provide a solid landing feel when jumping the wake.

As stated, I am looking to progress my abilities next year so I also need a board that allow for future growth.

Thanks
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-05-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
the Liquid Force Watson (Classic), Obrien Natural, and Obrien Player, in my opinion, are three of the most "user friendly" boards that I've come across. Go out and demo if you can, but I would say that you'd be very pleased with any of the boards I mentioned.

Last edited by ironj32; 12-05-2010 at 4:20 PM.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-05-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
I havent been boarding in a while, but if I were you I would look into some of Slingshots boards. That flex technology is pretty cool stuff. or maybe a company. My last board (board I hurt myself on) was a LF PS3 and I really liked it, but if i could do it over again I would get a flex board.
Old     (Koakes)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-05-2010, 9:34 PM Reply   
Humanoid oracle Sickest board on the water. If you were in fl I would have you come demo one defiantly best

from adam holdsworth on Vimeo.

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-06-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
You can't go wrong with a LF Trip or if you want a "pro model" I would recommend the HL Murray! I absolutely love mine!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-06-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
there are a lot of boards that i think will work great for ya with the description you have

i would think any board that has removable fins on each corner of the board (at least two on each end) would be nice. why? because you will be able to control the amount of "bite" you want better by changing up the size and type of fin. if the fins are molded in and not removable then you don't have as much to play with

might want to stick with boards that are continuous rockers or that have blended rockers... or to simplify, choose a board that does NOT say "Aggressive 3 stage rocker" unless you like the idea of a board giving you a "bucking/agressive style of pop" steep trajectory through the air when you jump
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-06-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming
Old    ScottRobinson            12-08-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Have you thought of Wakeology boards? I just got a 2009 and a 2010 before the end of year last year and strapped into the 10 and never took it off to try the 09 These boards are just sick. Sticky yet soft on landings, super light setup (I have their Matrix bindings too CL) I wanted something that was really sticky when carving around and poppy off the wake with soft landings. Couldn't have found a better board. my .02
Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       12-08-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
gator has some sick new boards
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       12-08-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
+1 for the watson classic. The board is very easy to ride, but will never hold you back from learning new tricks.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
-4 on the Watson. I ride it and I love it to an extent. It's and good shape don't get me wrong but it's an aggressive 3 stage and give you that bucking pop mentioned. I would lean toward a continuous rocker for your future progression. You want something that gives you a consistent pop no matter how you hit the wake especially while learning. I also like the above idea with removable side fins to adjust the bite the board has while edging.