Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-08-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
I now have a 03 absolute platnum. I love the board and is the most consistent boared for me. I also have a 04 parks and a 05 State. I am looking to move back to the CWB and am looking to the Absolute but have been very curious about the Marius. I talked to Trevor at the boat show about it and what his input was. It sounds like an improvement to the Absolute. Who has rode both and what are your thoughts. I have done all the review and info searching one can do. Now I am looking to the people who have rode them and what they think. YES I will demo both myself.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
The Marius isn't really an improvement - it's just completely different. The pop of the Marius is smoother for me (less abrupt). It lands a lot softer. But I don't think it pops quite as hard as an Absolute. The Marius is faster also. It's very different from anything else out there. I still love both of these boards.

(Message edited by jarrod on June 08, 2005)
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-08-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
I was hoping to get some input from you J-Rod. I think it is going to be a hard choice but the softer landing is quite appealing right now. The true test will be later on this week.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
I'll be out at Orwood on Saturday with the Marius 140. You should take it for a spin. Give me a ring if you want to try and hook up after lunch or something.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Does Stacy know your out spending money again?
Old    jetgofish            06-08-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Does Stacy know you are thinking about riding? Last I heard you were on house arrest this weekend Gar!!! But I'll take that tow J-Rod!!
Old     (wkbdtime)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-08-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
Gary:

The Absolute Plat 04 is a lighter board then the year before. So it feels differen when your in the air..Some riders like the extra weight of the Regular absolute when doing tantrums, flips-ect ect. To help in rotation.
Now with the Marius Board, it feels different just carving through the water. It seem heavier and less responsive, but taking a couple of pulls will get you use to that. The board is designed for edging...Which should make perfecting the progressive edge easier.

The pop off the wake with a Marius is more of a snap off the wake. You'll feel an eaiser edge off the wake... Which means more time to think about your trick.

Check out Rivers End Marina...it has the Marius Demo boards there. It's also becoming CWB rider headquarters.

(Message edited by wkbdtime on June 08, 2005)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Teri, I'm boatless right now until the new one arives. I'm bumming a pull from someone else. I can loan the board, but I can't offer a pull.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
The 04 and 03 Plat Absolutes are nearly identical. Most would never be able to tell the difference. I spent a year + on both the 03 and 04. Even with subtle changes, they ride the same if you're talking plat to plat.
Old    jetgofish            06-08-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
J-Rod -Congrats on the new arrival, when it he/she coming? I just read "Name that Wake" and saw you were boatless! Again Congrats and I know you will love the new boat
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
The new x2 comes June 15th. Orwood just called with my storage unit. I'm extra stoked now!!
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-08-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Teri - He's on house arrest, but it's funny how soon he forgets....

Tim - No, I didn't know he was going to spend more of my money..... What is this now... board # 4 this year?}

Gary - shouldn't you be working???????????

(Message edited by h20diva on June 08, 2005)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-08-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
hahaha BUSTED
Old    jetgofish            06-08-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
Gary I swear I didn't tell here about the post ... last I heard she was looking for my towel!!!!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-08-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
Ouch, that one hurts.....

I will admit I am doing the Honey do List this weekend (Yes Dear), but Friday is open. I am hoping to grab a marius and a absolute from the shop on Thursday and try one Friday and the other next week. Then I will make a decide at San Antiono. Ya Brick spending her money (Yes Dear). Remember game boy no handel pass no dinner. MMMMMMMMMM I am getting hungry.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-08-2005, 10:37 PM Reply   
Trevor designed every part of his board. So of course he designed his board making sure it would give him the performance he needs.. even though he could prob ride a dead seal nailed to a 4x6 and still land everything. But he also kept in mind making sure it wasnt a hard board to ride for the average rider. Make sure when you demo boards you hop on the Marius.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
1-877-HYPOXIC
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-09-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Sounds like he can buy it for me, and he can borrow it since Danny say's "It wasn't a hard board for the average rider". Well kids, I guess I'm getting a Marius - I hope it's cute......
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-09-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
Gary,
I rode a CWB Pure last year and I just bought the Marius last month. It rocks, give it a try. You will definitely want one. Now to ask Stacy if you are allowed to have one is a different story.