Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    luv2wake            05-19-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anybody has good luck with their satellite radio systems when on Don Pedro, New Melones, etc. Want to get one, but, not if they get the same reception as traditional stereos.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-19-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
They get better reception than traditional stereos. As long as you're not in a canyon or in an area where you don't have a clear line of sight to the sky, you should be fine.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
I have XM and it works good but like paul said it is not so good in canyons or coves
Old    ridehyperlite            05-19-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Just go with an Ipod and FM transmiter, works like a charm
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
That also works i have a ipod mini and had the itrip mini it really sucked but my friend had a 20 gig ipod with the regular itrip and it worked liked a charm.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-19-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
IPod's are the way to go, but contrary to what Jeff said, I would strongly avoid the FM transmitter, unless you are not concerned with decent quality sound. Just about everyone who has tried one has bad things to say about the sound quality. You are best using an Ipod plugged directly into the aux inputs of your head unit. The sound quality is leaps and bounds better (I know, sounds corny, but it is).

I am really not happy with the sound quality of satellite. It sounds like radio, and I am use to CD quality sound. I notice a huge difference, but if you don't, the go for it. If you listen to both side-by-side, you will notice a difference. Like I said, maybe no big deal to some.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
or you can go buy a Alpine deck that is ipod ready and you can control the whole ipod from the head unit! i have one it is super I ran the cable around into the gloe box and there is the ipod safe and sound while it charges wile on the boat you can control the whole ipod through the deck!

If you want more info email me hyperliteryda135@aol.com
Old    allin            05-19-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
i got the delphi xm it works great and i can put it in other boats. i havent lost a signal on lpd yet
Old    backsplit            05-19-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
it works fine on McClure.... i have sirus and no problems
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 10:15 PM Reply   
Are Ipods loud as a CD?

Couple of my friends say it is not!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-20-2005, 12:22 AM Reply   
I say its definitley not as load, they need some kinda overdrive unit for them.
Old    allin            05-20-2005, 5:38 AM Reply   
paul just got a alpine deck that controls the ipod(ipod ready similar to xm ready) that took care of the sound problem.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-20-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
Big Ed,

If you have the Ipod connected through your aux inputs, there is no difference in volume since the deck is controlling the volume, not the Ipod. You can't adjust the volume on the Ipod when it is connected this way. I believe it is different if you are using the FM transmitter though. I use mine for all the music on the boat, and have only put in a CD a couple times. I can not tell the difference volume-wise, or in clarity. My system cranks, and I can turn it up enough to smoke the speakers if I was dumb enough to.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
I've had XM in every car I've had for the last 3 years. I've drove all over the country with it, evan up in the rockies. the only time ir has dropped out is when in tunnels, or under gas station awnings. I would think that the signal would stronger because of all the open sky
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-20-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
XM is sweet. Rarely looses the signal. Hardwired in,(don't use the modulator) you can't tell if it's a CD or Radio.
Old    luv2wake            05-26-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Appreciate all of the feedback. I have an Ipod also w/the FM transmitter. Works great at the delta, but up at Don Pedro it goes in and out. Which is a pain in the a** because you have to click the trans. button and the stereo to a different station. I'm going to send Zach an e-mail to get info on the Alpine deck.