Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
It sounds like I have a bunch of water in there, but can't get it to stop. Almost like the voices that I here all the time.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-06-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Hold your nose and try blowing out your nose SOFTLY. If you hear air coming out of your ear, it's blown. You probably should go ahead & see a doctor to get some antibiotics. Don't mess around with your ears, you don't need any permanent damage.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2003, 11:26 AM Reply   
I just held my nose and blew, it sounds like it would if I were popping my ears in an airplane. Is that what you mean by "air" Greg??
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
Brandon ~ it would hurt like you-know-what and your balance sometimes is off kilter.
try sleeping on that side to help the water drain.
You take a good head smack ?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-06-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
No, mine sounded like air leaking out of a tire.
BTW, what were you trying to do when it happened?
I was trying a 360 and landed more like 350!
Old    krissi            09-06-2003, 4:34 PM Reply   
You probably just have water in your ear.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2003, 11:37 PM Reply   
Yeah I took a pretty good fall. I was trying a Pete Rose and totally came up short. Since I blew it out a few times I haven't heard the noises. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Phantom, how have you been?? You still in Bako?
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2003, 3:57 AM Reply   
5{e....no longer in the land of Valley Fever.
You should have asked Susan (SangerMom) for help on that ear.
Living in FL now and looking for someone to get me into Surf Expo and Hyperlite party @ OWC.
BTW ~ Get in to see an ENT for that ear!!!
Old    scooper            09-07-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
I know this sounds gross but a similar situation happened to me last year. After a bad fall, I couldn't get the water out of my ear. Well, it turns out it wasn't water at all. The fall had apparently dislodged some wax in my ear and was plugging it up. I went to the doctor and had my ears cleaned out. Felt great after that! It sounds like you may be suffering from the same thing.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-07-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
Dude if you ruptured your ear drum you would know crap will come out for weeks and you will hear air leak out for a week and also you cant hear. I fell so hard i got a concussion and the trauma my muscles suffered from lead to all this toxins in my body that stopped both my kidneys for a week and a hlaf trust me you would know
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-07-2003, 11:25 PM Reply   
Right on, thanks everyone.

Kevin what's up. Don't know if you remember but I met you up at a comp up by Fresno, at a ski lake in the middle of an orchard....don't recall the name of the place.
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-07-2003, 11:42 PM Reply   
What the heck is going on there Brandon ? Hey ever try flushing them out with alcohol?