Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
So this year I am on my second absolute platinum 135 and I noticed that the board is starting to delaminate or spilt at the sidewall, however you want to call it. I have sent it in for warranty and have been givin the freedom by C-dub to choose another board if I would like since this just seems to keep happening to me. I was curious how the Marius with the new adjustments rides, and how would this board compare to the absolute that I was ridding. I have also rode the Watson, the Premier, and the Pure and liked them all. I guess the biggest doubt I have is that this is a continuous rocker board and I seem to be more prone to 3-stage, although I have heard that this board has all the pop I will need. Sorry for the long post. Opinions?
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-07-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
RAR I came from riding the Absolute for years, to the Marius (2007 & now 2008). Same situation as you. I was very comfortable on the Absolute, it's stable and the great pop had me hooked. Rode a buddy's Marius (just to try it out) and was amazed @ the POP, consistancy & soft landings. The continuous rocker, extra surface area made a HUGE difference. I benefitted from those features and gained a ton of consistancy, now that I can look back on my riding.

2008 is a little faster then the 2007 and has better release off the wake with the shorter molded in fins. Honestly I didn't think they could improve this board, but CWB did.

I say get the Marius, you'll never look back. Keep in mind that it doesn't "dump" on edge like a normal board, it has a more progress cut to it. Which helped me.

ENJOY!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Ya the Marius is a sick board, but if you want a board more like your absolute, but faster bigger pop and better landings go with the Transcend, thats what I am riding after a couple seasons on the Absolute and man its a sick sick board!!
The Marius is sick as well just rides different and will take a little time to get used to, but once you get it dialed, its sick as well.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
I started riding the Marius in 06' as soon as I got on it I knew it was the board for me. I was riding the Lute. I rode the 06', 07' and now the 08'. Just like Jerm said I don't know how they did it but they did. The 08 is better. I love it. Its one of the softest landing board on the market.

One of my buddies rode the Lute for the last 2 year. Last weekend he tried the Marius for the first time. He did a few jumps to feel it out then started killing it. He got in the boat and said "I think I like it, I think I like it a lot" He is making the switch for 08.

Go for it. You will like it. Some ppl it takes them a few sets to get the feel, it rides way diffrent than the lute. But you will fall in love. Welcome to WakeWorld!! later BG
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
I decided to stick with the Absolute, the Marius just didn't do it for me. Some things it does incredibly well, I just like that noticeable kick off the top. Another board you might be interested in is the Faction, I know some guys that are sold on that shape after riding the Absolute for years. I think I'm leaning towards the Transcend for '08. Yeah new boards!!!
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
I started riding the 07' Marius about a month ago..... CWB worked magic when they came out with the Marius... They have a customer for life with me.... I noticed a HUGE difference the first time I got the board in the water. The Marius is the shizzzzzzz.....
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-08-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
Love the Marius...Props to Trevor on this shap. Marius for life. Holla
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-08-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
Shon you need a new one right? How much for your old one
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Well the fine folks at CWB have decided to send me a 08 Marius Platinum in exchange for my broken Absolute Platty. I am stoked to ride this board as soon as it gets here hopefully next Wed. I am curious what the graphics look like on the board. I have seen the foam version and thought I might just get that but then I figured that I would kind of be getting ripped off since I oringinally paid for a Platinum board. Any body have any pics of it? If not I will post some as soon as I get the board in.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
I didn't like the 2006 Marius at all. I'm not sure what they have changed in 2008 but I definitely don't think it is a board for everyone.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-12-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Here ya go Robert:
Upload