Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    alanp            07-27-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
while throwing a crow the boot ripped right off of the base plate. i was kinda disappointed to see there was nothing but plastic holding the threads in the boot. thankfully no injury but it couldve been really nasty. anyway im off to liquid force to see what they have to say. and if any of you are reps or work for them(in a capacity that can remedy this) feel free to email me rsgtrman@aol.com">prsgtrman@aol.com or call 804-363-6825
Old    alanp            07-28-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
well liquid force is gonna replace they bindings and they stated they fixed the problem. hopefully they have.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
Alan,

I see you have a Demented. How do you like it? I have to say, it's the best board I have ever ridden!!

Maybe the problem was using LF bindings on a O'Brien board. Maybe you need to upgrade to some of the 05 O'Brien bindings!!(HA HA)

Later,
jjakober
Old    shopguy            07-29-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
better go with CWB?....
Old    dju            07-30-2004, 12:19 AM Reply   
I had the same problem. Switch to alpha's, just as comfortable and the baseplate doesn't explode!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 12:24 AM Reply   
You said they have fixed the problem. I was wondering how long you have had the bindings, and if mine that I bought a month ago have had the problem fixed prior to being sold.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-30-2004, 5:35 AM Reply   
I have a friend that went thru two sets in a week and then just got his money back. His bindings though ripped and basically the top part of the binding ripped apart from the footbed. The footbed was still attached to the baseplate so I think it was a little different from yours.

(Message edited by jjared on July 30, 2004)
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-30-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
Is there really helium in that heel pocket, or is it just a peace of yellow foam??

Later,
jjakober
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-30-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
LOL @ jjakober!

its helium infused foam. its affects are alot like kryptonites.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-30-2004, 8:13 AM Reply   
Wow, I had the same thing happen to me. Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
Interesting. From the way everyone has been talking, it 'sounded' like the LF bindings were going to rule this year.
Old    patrick_adams            07-30-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
As John Jared indicated, I am the guy that broke two pair in a couple weeks. I am very curious to see how they "fixed" this problem. The problem as I see it is the nuts that the baseplate screw into go into a plastic plate. This plastic plate cannot take the abuse that wakeboarding puts on it. If anyone has details on the fix, please let me know. The Transits were the most comfortable binding I have ever had on my feet, but they must be built more durable before I will buy them again.

I will look at the Alphas. If the only difference is the base plate, I am sold!!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
buddy of mine had that happen to him first ride out on them...very poor design if you ask me!

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-30-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Meaning the plate and thumbscrew method works fine. We get back so many problems with different mounting techniques. Never had a problem with the original.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
that sucks
thats why i ride CD's...just as comfortable with awesome support like the transits. More durable with solid aluminum plate and solid design.