Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (panda)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-02-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
Hey guys

Got 3 quick questions I hope you can help me with!

First of all, I have a pair of 2011 RAD's that really does not work good anymore because the liners are completely worn out at the ancles. Can I put in 2012 RAD/Shredtown liners in the 2011 RAD, or would that not work?

Second - I have the 2012 KTV's, but they have a production error apparantly.. The blue fabric inside has loosened completely after 4 times use, and the J-bars are also completely lose. They fit really bad now, but was the best binding I ever had before having this issue. Anyone else had problems with the KTV loosening up inside?

Since there are no more KTV's in stock by Slingshot Germany, it seems I need to find a pair of 2012 RAD's or Shredtowns. Does the RAD/Shredtown 2012 fit in the same sizing as the KTV 2012? My KTV's are 9's and fit perfect, but normally I wear 10 in shoes.

Hope you guys can give some help
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-02-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
The new boots fit true to size for rad and shredtown
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       06-02-2012, 9:32 PM Reply   
I had the exact same issue with my 2012 KTV's. E-mail Slingshot a picture of the liners coming lose and they will handle it for you. Mine came lose near the heel after riding two times. Their customer service is excellent.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2012, 12:27 AM Reply   
I have 2012 liners in my 2011 rads and they fit awesome IMO!
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-05-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
I have 2012 liners in my 2011 rads and they fit awesome IMO!
Great to hear, my new liners are on their way.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2012, 10:55 PM Reply   
new liners are not only more durable but they have more cushion inside for the footbed and there is much better heel hold with the built-in j bar things. the j bars are almost more on the outside of the liner, but once placed in the shell and the foot inside it is an amazing difference and improvement from last year.
Old     (panda)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-06-2012, 5:52 AM Reply   
Nice! I got 2012 liners in my 2011 RAD's now and had my KTV's refunded..

Though, the liners I got were demo liners where one of them has almost the exact same problem as my KTV's had. The lining inside is loose and the j-bar has fallen off :/ I have to see if theres a way to fix this.
Old     (icantride)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-12-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
I wear a size 9 1/2 us sneaker/shoe. I bot the Shedtown bindings in a size 9 and they were too big. returned them for an 8 and much happier now.