Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-25-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
Hi all, thanks in advance for your opinions. I bought two cameras to try them out and then I'll sell one. I'd like your opinions on the two systems. They are quite different and both have positives and negatives.

I bought a Canon Vixia HF100 with a wideangle lense.
HD, 24 & 30 PS, 60i
12x zoom, SD card
small unit easy to transport and pull out at any time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGjEYQKLs64
The downside on this thing is that the focus is done with a button through a menu and it's not that easy to control. Also my PC is not that powerful and it was quite tough to do that three scene edit.

The second camera that I purchased is a Canon GL2. Now this one is funner to use because of all the features on it. It uses MiniDV cassettes and transferring the recorded data is done real time. The cassette is played and the computer captures the data. The positive is that the files are easy to process on my pc.
larger unit, not as easy to transport around, shoot the kids...

I'm honestly pretty torn between the two.
I also have an older Canon ZR40.

thoughts....?