Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-12-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Do I remember you guys saying these worked well?
Old     (jmcdanie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-12-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
Check this post...it has all the info you probably need...OR others will chime in I am sure...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/745502.html
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-12-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Yes Yes and Yes, Best Anchor I have ever owned
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-12-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe. Guess I should of tried the search function first!
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-12-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
I bought mine and never used it all year. Might have been a waste of money.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-12-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
Sparky, they also fold up and fit easily under a bow seat on the 215 with the anchor line wrapped around itself and in the same bag. It was much better in the places I anchor.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-13-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Definately the best anchor I have ever owned. Have used several types. Held my boat rock solid in a storm, and held mine and 3 others in some wind where others were not even coming close to holding. Don't really need chain either. You won't be sorry.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-13-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Love my box anchor. Never had an issue with it not holding or not releasing when I want it to. I would absolutely recommend one to anyone. Definitely worth the money.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-13-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
Spark, those are the shizz for sure. A must own.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-13-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
Great. The price seemed a little high but if they work that good then I dont mind spending the extra money.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-13-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Sparky: IMO Box anchors are awesome. If you have trouble setting a regular anchor then a box work's great. The only down side to them is they have sharp edges and it's best if you have a flat area of the boat to open them up, Like the swim deck or the floor of your boat but the sharp edge's can be hard on human flesh and other soft surfaces in your boat. We use box Anchors on the family pontoon boat and they work great for that big boat that sway's everywhere in the wind. The pontoon boat has a nice wide open floor to open the box anchors up. I was trying to imagine how they would work on my wake boat, As good as they are I wouldn't use them. For an overnight anchor yes it would be worth the trouble that a box anchor provides. Sometimes during a day out on the water we will go to 3 or 4 difftent places to anchor. IMO it would be a pain in the but to have to open and close a box every time I anchored.
You can’t go wrong with a box anchor they work great just know that they are a bit more work to get them into the water.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-13-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
Best anchor I have ever owned. Sometimes the wind gets pretty vicious here in Vegas. I also use the Bungee rope. This box anchor is a must for all boaters.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-13-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
Yeah G, I'll be keeping an eye on those corners. That was an instant concern when I saw it. I have a vinyl coated river anchor for just stopping while out on the water, but if the wind comes up it wont hold too well. The Box Anchor would be for leaving the boat in the water over the weekend while camping and the wind usualy hits in the afternoon pretty good where we go. Thanks for all the info everyone.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
When I set up mine I take a cushion and flip it over to the hard side of it so that I can rest it on it. You still have to be careful but it works well.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-27-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
I will chime in also.

I have used this anchor for a few years. I go to a couple different lakes and it holds better then any anchor I have used. Mud bottom, rocks, or sandy it holds. THE only issue I have it that sometimes I am worried about the rope breaking when trying to pull it up. It got stuck really good a couple of times last year. But I have always got it back. It is truly worth the money.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-27-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
Todd, if you think it was a waste of money PM me and I'll take it off of your hands if the price is right. The box anchor is the best there is.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-27-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
It would be really hard for anything to beat my 30# hooker, but then again, and anchor is only as good as the person setting it. If you don't know how to set an anchor, it's useless.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-28-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
30 Hooker???? Is that what you get when you die fighting Islam and go to heaven?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-28-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
How come you never see box anchors on larger boats?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-28-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
That's the nice thing about the box anchor, apparently is it's goof-proof. You don't need to know how to "set" it.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-28-2009, 11:01 PM Reply   
G, midget ho's
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
The only way to f up a box anchor is to not tie it to the boat. My buddy tried that and of course it remains at the bottom of the lake.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-29-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Jeremy, You need to get some new friends....First your trailer is ran off the ramp, and then the Box Anchor is visiting Davie Jones.....LOL
I would have to agree the Box Anchor is money well spent. We have had 15+ boats tied together with one medium size Box Anchor holding all of us.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       12-29-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
I'm going to add that they are by far the BEST anchors I have ever used. I used it on a pretty fast moving river and it worked great. Sometimes TOO good as I left it on the bottom of the river TWICE because it got stuck. But worked much better than the shovel one as I couldn't get that to grab at all.