Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-15-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
Has anyone ridden while dealing with Athlete's foot? I had a mild case just pop up in the last week or so, and thought maybe it developed from riding, and want to continue riding. I'm in either wake boots or lacrosse cleats 10 hours out of the day. I can reduce my wake riding, but dropping lacrosse for a while isn't an option.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-16-2012, 5:45 AM Reply   
Wash the boots and shoes and powder the shoes with antifungal powder.

Best thing you can do is keep your feet clean and dry. When I was working 12's in the heat and boots I got it bad. Changed socks regularly and made sure I washed my feet when I got home. Problem solved
Old     (SydneyACE)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-16-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Put some foot powder in your socks. Couple weeks of this and you will be fixed-up fine. If you can, change socks often too.
When I was in the military, I used to be stuck in leather, steel-toed boots for hours at a time. Got athlete's foot. I found some good foot-powder that worked great. I tried some of the name-brad stuff but it didn't do the trick as well.
The one that I found that worked best was one with "Tolnaftate" as the active ingredient.
They have creams with Tolnaftate too, but the powder is good because it absorbs moisture and keeps your feet dry too.
Dry feet + Tolnaftate = Athlete's Foot Hell.

Good luck!