Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    willhurry            06-25-2006, 3:51 AM Reply   
Hi, I own this Lewis Outback, its a pretty great boat although the wake is small so i put 2 540lb fat sacs on each side. This made the wake nearly perfect, although its not very steep(if u no wot i mean) And i was looking into buying a wedge. Is it possible to fix a wedge? Were would i get one?
Any suggestions would be great..
Thanks
Will
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-25-2006, 4:20 AM Reply   
sorry mate, wedges are for malibus'. You might want to try adding some more weight up front and in the centre. 1080lbs still isn't that much compared to some. Play around with it.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Wedge: E-Bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/MALIBU-BOAT-WEDGE_W0QQitemZ7250053758QQcategoryZ15272QQcmdZVie wItem)

This question gets asked about once a month. I can tell you how this thread will go. You'll get about 8 people calling you stupid for even thinking of the idea, tell you that you'll rip a hole in your boat and that Malibu's are engineered and reinforced for it. Then you'll get a couple of people saying you should give it a shot because they want to see someone do it. Then someone will step up and talk about the guy with the mastercraft pro-star that did it a few years back. Then someone will talk about how you can just buy an aftermarket one called the Switchblade. Maybe someone will even post a link to it.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-25-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
So much time was saved right there, lol.
Old    bocephus            06-25-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
http://www.switchbladewake.com/enzo.asp

What the heck is on the tower of that Enzo?

http://www.switchbladewake.com/images/centurionmed.jpg

(Message edited by bocephus on June 25, 2006)
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
and theres the post about the after market switchblade with a link. double wammy
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-25-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
Is it that sling shot thing that doesn't work, but people believe it works because Darin Shapiro does an S-bend using it. Even though he has done s-bends behind boats without towers or ballast.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
this whole slingshot thing (not sure if that what it is in the picture though) just seems like an awfully good way to pop a shoulder.
Old    willhurry            06-26-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
Thanks people you've been great help but you the switchblade thing? is that like a wedge? or what?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-27-2006, 1:34 AM Reply   
I dont know much about the switchblade but I know it is supposed to have the same effect as the wedge. I have a wedge on my boat and have been to the malibu factory. They add like a 2x3 plate to the transome and fiberglass it to the hull. I am not sure if most boats could handle the force without some type of reinforcement. I am guessing the switchblade also adds downforce like the wedge. Maybe if you installed it and added a metal plate on the inside of the boat it would be safe. Not really sure, dont want to try it.
Old    smitty42            06-28-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
Just to answer a few other questions in the original post; malibu does not allow dealers to repair wedges and they don't normally have used ones in stock. You can buy a new one from any malibu dealer or look around online. There's been a couple on ebay (both sold), craigslist.com (?) and ski-it-again.com (sold). I agree with the fact that other boat transoms are probably not designed for the added stress of a wedge or switchblade, you would need to add some extra support first.