Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-26-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Yes, I'm talking about a boat in the general wakeboarding section. It's good to be the king!

It seems like a lifetime since I stood in the Tige Boats booth at Surf Expo salivating in front of their 2012 Z3. I was like a kid in a candy store as I rifled through every compartment and took pictures of every nook and cranny of this brand new Tige model. Since I had just spoken to Tige’s marketing director, Daniel Gutierrez, about the future production and delivery of WakeWorld’s very own Tige Z3, they had a tough time getting me out of the booth when the show’s closing time rolled around.

Tige spent a little more time in this fall tweaking the hull of the Z3 to make sure they got it just right before unleashing it on the public. Those extra few months were excruciating, but now that the fine folks at Tige are sending me photos of our boat’s first days in production, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

Those of you that have been following our quest have probably happened upon the thread in which we asked for your help in determining the design for the exterior and interior of our new ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790346). Dan Balich (PLR) provided the best-looking design, in my humble opinion, so he was awarded some WakeWorld clothing for his efforts. Since our tow vehicle is silver, we ended up settling on a silver and black color scheme that would make any Raider fan giddy with excitement! In fact, the boys over at Boatmate even went so far as to hook us up with tires and rims for our truck so that it matches just perfectly with the trailer that they generously pimped out (more on that later).

So without further ado, let’s get started with this build…

Prep and Gelcoat

My first reaction was that red was definitely the wrong color, but that’s actually the mold you’re looking at in this photo. It’s the mold for just the bottom half of the boat. The top half, or deck half, is a separate mold (see second photo). The surface of the molds are slick just like the outside gelcoat of a boat. In fact, they clean and wax the surface of each mold after each use to make sure it’s super clean for each boat build.

Name:  Forum01-Mold-Gel-Lines-Hull.jpg
Views: 12791
Size:  94.3 KB

They build the boat from the outside in, so the first thing that goes into the mold is the outside gelcoat. They spray the colors in layers by first taping off the areas that won’t be getting hit with the main gelcoat color. Once they spray that in and it dries, they pull some of the taping off and hit the recently exposed section with the next color. They repeat the process until all the gelcoat colors/layers have been shot. Then they do it again with the deck half of the mold (although there are usually fewer or just one color). When they’re done shooting the gelcoat into the mold, it looks like they’ve only shot one color, but you’ll see how the layers turn out once they pull it from the mold.

Name:  Forum02-Deck-Gel-Coat1.jpg
Views: 8522
Size:  69.4 KB

Lamination

If they try to pull the gelcoat out of the mold at this point, they’re going to have a mess on their hands because there is no structural strength to the boat hull or deck just yet. That’s where lamination comes in. They hand-lay several layers of fiberglass onto the gelcoat to build the hull and deck. This job looks like a complete pain in the butt because they have to use sprayers, rollers and squeegies to get resin on every square inch of fiberglass and make sure it’s all laid down perfectly with no gaps or bubbles. At least they’ve got those cool racks on which the hull sits so that they can tilt the whole thing and make it easier to work on.

Name:  Forum09-Lam-Layup1-(Large).jpg
Views: 8485
Size:  88.3 KB
Name:  Forum03-Lam-Layup2.jpg
Views: 8530
Size:  106.4 KB
Name:  Forum04-Lamination-QC.jpg
Views: 8414
Size:  105.8 KB
Name:  Forum05-Prepare-for-join.jpg
Views: 8446
Size:  74.7 KB

After all the fiberglass is laid, they drop the Tige Lifeplus Core Stringer System into the hull. This one-piece stringer is made of high-density closed-cell foam and fits like a puzzle piece into the bottom of the hull and provides a sturdy foundation for the hull. It’s also supposed to suppress noise and give the boat a more solid overall feel. They must be really confident in the way they build these bad boys because they offer a lifetime replacement warranty on composite hull construction!

Name:  Forum06-Stringer-and-floor2.jpg
Views: 14831
Size:  92.7 KB

After the installation of the engine mount beams and floor systems, they get the satisfaction of pulling the hull and deck from their molds and seeing the beautiful gelcoat that will grace the outside of the boat. You can’t really see it in these photos, but we opted for Tige’s optional pearl metallic finish for all the colors on the boat, so it should have a little twinkle to it when we get it in the sun.

Name:  Forum07-Mating3.jpg
Views: 8335
Size:  70.0 KB
Name:  Forum08-Side-by-side-to-be-.jpg
Views: 8721
Size:  79.3 KB

Scroll down a few beats to see the next update of the WakeWorld Tige Z3 build...

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-01-2012 at 1:34 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-26-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
awesome!!!!

that must be a huge hull... it makes those guys look tiny....
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-26-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
awesome!!!!

OompaLoompa Style!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-26-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
that thing is HUUUUGGGGEEEEEEEE
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-26-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
awesome!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. The thing is massive.

I like the simplicity of the color scheme. Those colors will hold up well.

Dave, did you have the throw a custom Wake World logo in the gelcoat somewhere?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-26-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
It's 23 feet long, so it's big, but not HUGE! No custom logo in the gelcoat, but we're working on something cool to make it stand out. Stay tuned!
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-26-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
Dave, I just ordered my Z3 at the boat show in Denver.. Your pictures are killing me man!. Tony from Tige will be sending me my build pic's early in February. Cant wait. Nice looking ride you got there!! Congrats!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-26-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Looks great Dave.I love the detailed explanation your giving Wakeworlders.I've toured the factory twice,once when i bought my 2007 22ve and again after i got my 2011 RZ2.It is very helpful when you do your own maintainence.You get to see exactly how it's put together.Keep those pictures rolling in!
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-26-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Cool to see the build process, keep the updates coming.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-26-2012, 11:49 PM Reply   
Great explanation of the steps involved. Love the pics, and I am a bit jealous, because mine haven't started hitting my inbox yet.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
I love this thread! Very cool to see all of the detailed steps. Do all of the manufacturers have them on a spindle like that?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-27-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
The hulls look massive like that, we took a factory tour, and the attention to detail that tige takes is amazing. As far as I know they are the only manuf that puts the boats on a spindle like that, because each one costs like $40k. Take a look at those pictures, and think of how this work if the boat was NOT rotated, like most do it.

Last edited by wakeworld; 01-28-2012 at 2:29 PM.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-30-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Nice David. Keep us posted! Tige IMHO is making THE sexiest boats right now.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-30-2012, 4:20 PM Reply   
Great thread! Love seeing the build progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
As far as I know they are the only manuf that puts the boats on a spindle like that, because each one costs like $40k. Take a look at those pictures, and think of how this work if the boat was NOT rotated, like most do it.
While it’s great Tige uses a rotisserie they are not the only one. You can see the hull mold on a rotisserie in the Nautique factory tour video below, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a Malibu video where they use a rotisserie as well. It’s certainly not inexpensive, but not exactly super rare, as they are used in the automotive race industry frequently as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US6_VFTLVE4
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-31-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
I love that name, the rotisserie. You can definitely see how using one is beneficial.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-01-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Hull/Deck Fusion

It’s about time these two giant chunks of fiberglass and gelcoat start looking like a boat! The joining of the hull and deck is probably the most exciting part of the process because you can finally start to see what your boat is going to look like.

The edges of the hull and deck are first ground smooth and holes are cut for component installation. They use what is called monocoque construction. This is where they bond the hull and deck together to create one single solid fiberglass unit. They do this by hand-laying fiberglass on the inside of the hull/deck seam. Tige also integrates their seat bases and floor as a part of this solid unit by fiberglassing them to the hull rather than just screwing them down. All of this bonding keeps the unit strong, solid and quiet.

Name:  Forum10-Underwater-Gear.jpg
Views: 7320
Size:  42.6 KB

Rigging and Electronics

The coolest part to watch is when they take the bonded hull/deck unit and use these massive hoists to roll the boat upside down. This makes it easier to install the tracking fins, strut and rudder to the bottom of the boat without the workers having to do it on their backs or above their heads.

Name:  Forum11-Flipped.jpg
Views: 7599
Size:  45.7 KB

The boat then gets flipped back upright to install the carpet, throttle by wire system, dashboard components, Tige Touch touchscreen (can’t wait to try that out), Tige Speedset speed control, a stereo system loaded with Wet Sounds components and all the other gadgets required to drive the boat.

Name:  Forum15-Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 8276
Size:  76.6 KB
Name:  Forum14-Checklist-pic-of-tr.jpg
Views: 7074
Size:  51.1 KB
Name:  Forum12-Uph-Install.jpg
Views: 7443
Size:  47.5 KB

Engine and Transmission

Tige uses Pleasurecraft Marine engines and transmissions. There are quite a few choices for your powerplant. We went with the 6.0L 409 HP beast, so we can load it up with all the weight we want. These engines feature PCM’s Fuel Control Cell, which ensures constant flow of fuel to the engine, as well as their Catanium Clean Emission System. The 6-point engine mounts get through-bolted to the mount beams that were installed in the hull when the stringer system was installed earlier.

Name:  Forum13-Engine-Install.jpg
Views: 7211
Size:  42.9 KB

Interior

Tige’s upholstery is crazy! They’ve got stitches going this way and that, a million different colors to choose from and some very creative convertible pieces that allow you to convert the engine cover and walk through areas from a walkway to a padded lounge. We went with white, gray and black to keep the upholstery matching the gelcoat and it appears to be looking pretty good. Tige does all the upholstery in house using 36-ounce marine-grade vinyl, triple density foam and stainless steel staples and fasteners. All vinyl is treated with PreFixx coating to protect it from stains, wear, UV rays and abrasions. All the upholstery seams are sewn with super-strong GoreTenera thread that won’t fade or stain. However, I still won’t allow Cheetos or M&M’s on board my boat! They use a CNC machine to cut out the seat backings, made of Virgin Proboard, and the vinyl.

Name:  Forum16-interior-final1.jpg
Views: 7664
Size:  46.7 KB

The windshield gets through-bolted to the hull. The tower is not just mounted to the surface decking, but is somehow mounted in a way that transfers the load to the main structure of the boat. The Alpha Z tower is spring-loaded in order to make folding the tower a snap with just one person. It folds backwards into the back seat and lowers below the level of the windshield. Of course, we’ve got some beautiful Wet Sounds Rev 10’s hanging from the tower and they have been adorned with LED light rings for a little extra bling to go with the lights that are integrated into the tower.

Name:  Forum17-clamping-board-rack.jpg
Views: 7376
Size:  44.5 KB

Thanks to Tim White at Wet Sounds for going above and beyond to make sure our boat system was set up just right. It’s so nice to get your boat from the factory with quality stereo gear already installed and ready to go rather than having to upgrade the stereo as soon as you take delivery! We'll have more on the system details later.

WakeWorld’s Tige Z3 is almost done. In our next update, we should have some pics of the finished product in all its glory, so stay tuned.

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-01-2012 at 1:30 PM.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-01-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
nice rack!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-01-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
Sweet! Looks like you got the pearl on the inside of the boat too?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-01-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
Looking pretty awesome.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-01-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
Very nice! I'm loving those new clamping easy to use racks. What's up with the hinges on the floor? Does it hinge up for access/storage?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-01-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
Pearl metallic everywhere! I'm going for the bass boat look!

I think the floor panel just give you access to the v-drive and strut. I'll let you know when it arrives!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
Very nice! I'm loving those new clamping easy to use racks. What's up with the hinges on the floor? Does it hinge up for access/storage?
You remove the rear seat and the whole panel lifts up.It also has a prop rod to hold it out of your way.You can easily service your steering cable,fuel cell and filter,v-drive,transmission and ballast pumps.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-02-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Looks good Dave. Can we get a sticky (or whatever you call it when it's stuck to the top of the forum) for this thread?
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-02-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
That looks great! Looking forward to seeing all the final pictures!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-02-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Your wish is my command!
Old     (PG)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-03-2012, 5:42 AM Reply   
David I love the interior colors in latest pictures you posted but they look different from the original build thread pics. I am about to order a Z3 and just want to confirm your colors. Interior base - Chrome, interior accent - Black, interior texture - Diamante, dash accent - Black. Am I close?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-03-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
Saw the Z3 for the first time at the Minn boat show... just an awesome boat. Great color choices David, can't wait to see it totally done!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-05-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
David, when did the boat actually go into production? You posted the first build pics on the 26th and it looks like within a week the boat was nearly done! My new RZR was scheduled to go into production Feb. 2nd. I can't wait to start seeing pics of it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-06-2012, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
David I love the interior colors in latest pictures you posted but they look different from the original build thread pics. I am about to order a Z3 and just want to confirm your colors. Interior base - Chrome, interior accent - Black, interior texture - Diamante, dash accent - Black. Am I close?
I'm not sure what happened with the interior colors. It looks like they used black instead of stone for the interior accent. Here are all the colors of the boat that I originally requested. I sure hope that black doesn't get too hot in the southwest desert sun!

- Deck – Stone
- Deck Accent – Stone
- Split Deck – Stone
- Deck Bow Accent – Stone
- Hull – Black
- Main Panel – Stone
- Main Panel Accent – Frost
- Second Panel – Black
- Hull Aft Accent – Black
- Hull Bow Accent – Stone
- Hull Bow Accent (Nose) – Stone
- Swim Step – Black
- Tower – Black
- Speakers – Black
- Interior Base – Chrome
- Interior Accent – Stone
- Interior Texture – Diamante
- Dash Accent – Stone
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-06-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
David, when did the boat actually go into production? You posted the first build pics on the 26th and it looks like within a week the boat was nearly done! My new RZR was scheduled to go into production Feb. 2nd. I can't wait to start seeing pics of it.
I'm not sure of the exact production dates. They just sent me batches of photos and I've been spreading them out over a few weeks. The timing of the photos hitting WakeWorld is not necessarily the timing of the production.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-06-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
If I am not mistaken the black you see on the seats is the Diamante Interior Accent. As for the black getting hot, I can speak for Florida, and it was never an issue for us. If it is, splash some water on it and plop a squat.. LOL

Dave the boat looks amazing! I also went with a lot of Stone in our color scheme with Red and Black accent colors. I opted out of the Metallic Pearl because of overall pricing, but man does it look awesome! You get a delivery date yet?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-07-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
Some of it is, but some of it is also a chosen color that was supposed to be stone. I actually like the look of the black better as long as it doesn't get hot. I'm still waiting on a delivery date. The boat is done (pics will be up this week), but it's waiting for the next bus out to the west coast.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       02-07-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
According to your list they gave you the wrong tower as well?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-07-2012, 2:50 PM Reply   
Oops, sorry about that. We did change the tower after I sent that list.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-08-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Patiently awaiting more pictures!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-09-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
We are happy to announce that the WakeWorld Tige Z3 is officially done and it looks even better than I imagined it would! The color combo looks clean and it really pops. The colors are stone (light gray) and black in metallic pearl (kind of a glittery finish) with a little stripe of frost (white).

Name:  Forum19-Final-Shot3.jpg
Views: 6198
Size:  104.7 KB

Here is the list of all the colors we used…
- Deck – Stone
- Deck Accent – Stone
- Split Deck – Stone
- Deck Bow Accent – Stone
- Hull – Black
- Main Panel – Stone
- Main Panel Accent – Frost
- Second Panel – Black
- Hull Aft Accent – Black
- Hull Bow Accent – Stone
- Hull Bow Accent (Nose) – Stone
- Swim Step – Black
- Tower – Stone
- Speakers – Black
- Interior Base – Chrome
- Interior Accent – Black
- Interior Texture – Diamante
- Dash Accent – Stone

Name:  Forum22-rear-interior.jpg
Views: 7667
Size:  79.8 KB

We’ve got a black on black Z3 logo on the rear and we will be adding a WakeWorld logo to the front once it’s delivered. You’ll notice that there is no swimstep pad installed because SeaDek has generously provided us with a custom swimstep pad that is sitting in my garage awaiting the boat’s arrival.

Name:  Forum25-Z3-decal-looking-up.jpg
Views: 6376
Size:  80.1 KB

As pretty as the boat is, you can’t get it to the water without a trailer. This is where Boatmate enters the scene! The boys at Boatmate took it upon themselves to customize a trailer to match the boat, including two-tone paint. They went with stone on the frame and black on the fenders and steps and it looks amazing.

Name:  Forum27-transom-shot2.jpg
Views: 8471
Size:  103.1 KB

The trailer also features 5-bar tread plate on the steps and fenders, LED lighting and LED runway lights and 18” Gear Alloy wheels and low profile tires. They even added their brand new rear transom steps, which won’t be available on Tige trailers until 2013, so they made us feel extra special!

Name:  Forum26-close-up-transom-sh.jpg
Views: 6348
Size:  77.4 KB

Our next update will happen after we take delivery of the boat. Right now it’s sitting in Texas packed up for shipment and waiting to hitch the next ride out to So Cal, so we’re obviously getting pretty excited. Once we get it, you’ll have more pictures than you can stand and we’ll be sure to let you know all about every nook and cranny as we put it through its paces…stay tuned!

Name:  Forum20-Back-Shot.jpg
Views: 5935
Size:  94.3 KB
Name:  Forum21-interior-final1.jpg
Views: 7576
Size:  83.9 KB
Name:  Forum23-dash-final.jpg
Views: 5847
Size:  100.9 KB
Name:  Forum24-tige-tower-close-up.jpg
Views: 5820
Size:  77.7 KB
Name:  Forum18-Final-Shot.jpg
Views: 6090
Size:  96.4 KB

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-09-2012 at 9:54 PM.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-09-2012, 9:38 PM Reply   
What's the WakeWorld logo gonna look like?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-09-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
That transom step is LEGIT! I have always thought why they (any trailer) extend that corner, that's the most used area for me to get on the back and take my shoes off. Good on Tige for "stepping" up, LOL! WW logo will finish off that front area for sure!

Last edited by downfortheride; 02-09-2012 at 9:50 PM. Reason: Cause I spell awesome!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-09-2012, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
What's the WakeWorld logo gonna look like?
Not sure yet. Worst case scenario is that we slap a big die cut on there, but I'm trying to get a mini-wrap done.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-09-2012, 11:18 PM Reply   
She is gorgeous Dave!

That rear transom step on the trailer is really cool. Looking at the pics and the way the Z3 sits on the trailer that step will come in very handy. Wondering if I can talk them into adding it to mine.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-09-2012, 11:57 PM Reply   
That is a beautiful boat! Tige really has it going on these days.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
That is seriously one of the nicest looking boats I have ever seen.....its damn beautiful Dave
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-10-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Dave,

Looks amazing! Glad to see the final pics. I remember talking at expo about what colors you wanted to do. I think you nailed it. Super clean. I can't wait to start my Z3!!!!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Gorgeous! Congratulations, she's a beauty!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Looks great Dave!I love the colors and the rear step looks sweet.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
Wow, very nice, and as much as you can see the little sparkles in some of the pics, it's going to look that much better on the water!
Congrats! Can't wait for the next update!
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       02-10-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
DAMN! That looks sweet David.. Congrats..
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       02-10-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride Dave, she looks great!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-10-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
x2 on that trailer transom step... cant believe that hasnt been standard on wakeboat trailers.

I love the drivers dash, low profile, clean, simple. Tige is doing so many things right.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
looks great.
it actually blends really well with the factory in the back ground too.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-12-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride! Looks great!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-13-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Looks awesome Dave! Congrats.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-13-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
The pictures don't do justice to the metal flake. You have to see those in person and up close to really appreciate. I haven't seen this boat in person, but seen those colors. That interior looks incredible. Making me antsy to see pics of our own.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-13-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Boat looks fantastic..

In a previous thread in the boating section - I mentioned something about Tige always "displaying" and "Advertising" boats that had really "busy' exteriors. And while I don't necessarily dislike that - I always thought they could KILL if they also advertised some more subdued versions.. This is exactly what I was thinking.. Throw in a similar boat with a white and silver theme in the marketing/ad campaigns and they will REALLY start to take off. This thing looks beautiful. I love the ghosted Z3 graphics.

Care to tell us about the stereo and the ballast set up?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-13-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
I'll have more details on the stereo and ballast setup once I take delivery and everything gets dialed. I do know that it comes setup with Wet Sounds speakers. We'll have at least two Rev 10's on the tower, but we haven't totally settled on the final setup just yet.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-13-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Good for you Dave! Boat looks Awesome. Good color choices!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-15-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
It's been kind of like a baby shower the last few weeks because I've been getting all kinds of goodies for my new baby...

Name:  Forum-All.jpg
Views: 5166
Size:  129.5 KB

Jason at SeaDek took our logo and came up with a spankin' rendition for our swimstep pad...

Name:  Forum-SeaDek.jpg
Views: 5255
Size:  121.8 KB

Chris at Regal Connection provided us with extra thick trailer guide pads and tons of silver rope, all adorned with our logo...

Name:  Forum-Guides.jpg
Views: 5565
Size:  44.4 KB
Name:  Forum-Rope.jpg
Views: 5202
Size:  130.0 KB

No boat can hit the water without being properly protected, so Patrick at Boat Bling sent out the entire arsenal of "sauce" to make sure that happens...

Name:  Forum-Sauce.jpg
Views: 5672
Size:  158.8 KB

And, or course, a little extra weight never hurts! Troy at Pop Products sent out some more Pop Bags to add to the 800 lbs. I already have!

Name:  Forum-Pop.jpg
Views: 5039
Size:  134.4 KB
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-16-2012, 1:07 AM Reply   
Must be nice to KING!

That seadek pad is Jawesome! I recently switched to Boat Bling products and LUV it!
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-16-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
No boat can hit the water without being properly protected, so Patrick at Boat Bling sent out the entire arsenal of "sauce" to make sure that happens...

Attachment 19740
It was nice meeting you at the LA show. This is Zack with Boat Bling btw. We're thrilled to play a key role in keeping the WakeWorld ride looking like new! The finished pics came out great! Loving the product coming out of the Tige facility. I've built more virtual Z3's and RZ2's online than I care to admit

Hopefully she can hitch a ride out to CA soon!

Guma, thanks for the support!

Zack
www.boatbling.net
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-16-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
Great to meet you too. So cool to see the success that Boat Bling is having. Make a good product and people buy a lot of it...what a crazy business plan!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-16-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
Boat looks great Dave.Remember to sauce it often and it will continue to shine.Love the Seadeck also.Can't wait to see finished pics.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-16-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
I can't wait to invite myself on that beast!
Old     (VR)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-18-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
while it makes me really want to get started
Good job.beautiful passion
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-18-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Chris at Regal Connection provided us with extra thick trailer guide pads and tons of silver rope, all adorned with our logo.
Any chance of that you would start selling the rope on here. I know I would buy some.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-18-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
That is looking great and love the seadek! We finally got a dealership here in Chicagoland and I got a chance to stop in yesterday and check them out for the first time and was really impressed!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-22-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Wow, it's been a tough month waiting for a truck to be headed west that can give our boat a ride!! However, Jean from Tige just sent me a pic of it getting loaded onto the truck today!!

Name:  Forum28-OnTheTruck.jpg
Views: 4839
Size:  147.0 KB
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-22-2012, 8:43 PM Reply   
sweet!! how long will it take to get to your local dealer??
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-23-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Probably Friday would be the earliest. Then they have to prep it. After that Chris at Tige Watersports wants to take me out on the water in it and show off all the features, which is pretty cool, so we have to set up a time to do that!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-23-2012, 10:58 PM Reply   
Gonna video of the trip out with Chris so we can all see? Definitely a great looking boat!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-24-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
David - I can honestly say I think that may be the coolest boat I have seen. I love the color choices and everything about it. It really must be good to be King.

VERY WELL DONE!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-24-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Sure, why not? Gotta mount a GoPro on there and document the whole thing!

Thanks Scott!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-26-2012, 1:29 AM Reply   
Ok, here's my quick and dirty video of our sexy beast. Me and two of my kids picked it up from Tige Watersports today. Brian took us out on the water to make sure we were familiar with everything on the boat. So stoked on the new ride!!

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-26-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-26-2012, 4:49 AM Reply   
Looks like it's a sexy boat and you know it! Enjoy your new toy!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
Wow, I like it. Do you have a pic on the water yet?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
Great looking boat, can't wait to see what the wrap is going to look like on it.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
David,
Please don't wrap it...it looks way too good just like it is.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-27-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
No water pics yet. It's raining, so now it's sitting under the cover. The frustration continues. I did put a temporary WakeWorld decal on one side yesterday. It looks a lot better when you get something into that gray space. I hope I'll be able to capture the sparkle (pearl metallic) in the pics when it's finally on the water.

Name:  WWSticker.jpg
Views: 4414
Size:  47.1 KB
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-27-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
I like that with the wakeworld logo on it! Looks nice! Might look good in the same color as the Z3 graphic too.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-27-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
I was thinking gray would look cool to maintain the low-key graphics look.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-27-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
That shot of the trailer looks awesome!The lower light level brings out the color much better.I like the gray decal idea also.