Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    zanek            05-13-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
How much does wake size have to do w/ how much height you can get?
Old    fats            05-14-2004, 12:25 AM Reply   
it makes heaps of differance to me. i know people can still get great height with a little wake but i ride a little wake most of the time and when i do get the chance to ride a bigger wake a get heaps more height.
Old    wakechick            05-14-2004, 5:35 AM Reply   
You are going to probably go bigger behind a boat with a bigger wake, but if you aren't edging properly it might not make a difference. I've seen people go huge off of the smallest wake. I've also seen people who don't go very big on a big wake, and a lot of the time it's because they get intimidated by it and either flatten out right at the wake, or absorb the pop. If you use proper edging technique and body position, you should be able to get a decent amount of air on most wakes, big or small.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-14-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
for learning new tricks, a big wake makes a load of difference, ie i'm learning a backroll on an average wake. But feel that if i was on a bigger wake, i'd have it by now just cause of the extra height.

obviously i will get it on this wake, once i perfect my technique, but on a small wake, there is no room for error
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-14-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Larger wake = less effort = the more I can focus on the technique of the trick rather than getting enough air. It helps me, that's for sure.

I have a lot of respect for people that can throw down on small wakes. I sure as hell can't.
Old    swass            05-14-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, the wake height determines how high I suck.

(Message edited by swass on May 14, 2004)
Old    zanek            05-14-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, my wake is "OK" cause our boat is insainly heavy (we have a tower that a friend and I built) (gigantic lol). My wake is about 2/3 calf height and I can get almost equal w/ the tower height (Our tower is 5.5 feet from the boards...so 7.9 feet from the floor) but...I want a bigger wake, and I want to use fat sacks, how much construction is needed for those?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-15-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
we have a malibu response lx. It is mainly a ski boat, but with 800lbs of water, a wedge, and 6 riders we can get a nice wake (not pro, but decent). This summer alone I have learned the tantrum and 360. I feel that the wake only makes tricks easier, but I think that you can land just about any tricks on any wake (ive seen guys do raleys 5ft off the water with a tiny wake). I am glad that I am progressing on our ski boat wake, so maybe one day when we get a wakeboard boat I will be able to take all my tricks huge.