Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-21-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a more advanced board and am considering the yellow loogey. I'd like to start getting some airs.
I'm 6'2", 195-200lbs and surf behind a DD sport nautique. Will this board work or is it going to be too small? Any recommendations?
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-22-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Hey Gary,

The Landlock to Loogey is quite a jump in terms of board shape, but it is doable, just might take you a couple of days on the loogey to get used to it. We had the Landlock as our first board and the Loogey as our second.

That being said, I'm not familiar with that boat, but I'm 200lbs and had a blast on the loogey. At 200lbs you probably won't be blasting any huge airs too soon - unless you have a huge wake. Here's a little video of me "showing some fin" last year on the Loogey. Nothing like Chase or James... :-) Anyway, I sold mine a while back since I'm making my own boards now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGOLYQb-JKU

Smed
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
I am fairly new to this, but I rode a LF venture a few times last year and decided this winter to pick up the yellow. I got to ride it for the first time last weekend and although my wave still isnt dialed, I was really impressed with the board. Floats well, speed is good, and it seems to go as far as you want it to go when you push it. I tried one unsuccessful spin, but man, the thing broke loose great. I really dug the feel of the board. I only spent about 20 minutes on it, but will continue to get the feel down. I guess my point would be that I am rather happy with my purchase. BoardersBestBuy.com has had some 2007's up there for under $300 shipped. Thats where I got mine from and couldnt be happier. I highly recommend you check it out, but I know there may be other things out there.
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-22-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. Smed, your video was definately helpful. I think our wakes are comparable. What size of board works best for you??
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-23-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Hi Gary,

I've ridden many types of boards, but I typically like shorter surf style boards 4'6" to 4'9" or so. I recently finished up a new quad prototype (the Wombat) that I'm really happy with. It is 4'8" -

here's a pic

Upload
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-24-2008, 12:19 AM Reply   
Matt you made that board? Geee I have never been good at making anything. Im impressed.