Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    upupnaway            05-17-2004, 3:06 AM Reply   
I am practicing riding wrapped in order to move to landing tricks blind.
I am on a parks 143, at 70'.
I am trying to hold the handle behind my back, I have my arm all the way across my back, tight against my body, and edge out away from the wake.
every time I let the rope go, and hold on with my back hand, the rope unwinds me into a backside surface 180.
Any tips?
Old    cdubs            05-17-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
something that will help you out is if you are left foot forward normally but now switched up to blind so your right foot forward but riding wrapped up, try riding leaned over your toe edge but lean over your right foot so it feels like you are pushing on the toes of your front foot which is your right foot in this case cuz you are riding switch. that should help. if you do it right you can ride wrapped up for however long you want to.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-17-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
chris, so what ure saying, is that by putting the pressure on the front foot it will stop the pull coming thro ure back.

i have the same problem as mike, when i do an ollie to blind, i have to pass the handle real quick or it pulls my back foot out
Old    cdubs            05-17-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
yeah i use to practice riding blind like what mike is doing so i could get good at it for landing that way. when your landing blind or riding and wanna stay blind make sure you land with your weight over your toe edge but normally if you do this itll spin you around back to normal so you need to try and keep your upper body leaned over your toe edge, leaning towards your front foot and over those front toes. i hold the handle at my belt line and even though my arm holding the handle is behind my back, i try and get it towards my right hip as much as possible(im regular foot). this keeps the boat pull more towards my hip making it easier to stay blind.
Old    upupnaway            05-17-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris. I cannot wait to give it a shot.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
agreed with mike cheers chris.

i'll give it a go
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-20-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
just be sure that your head and shoulders are facing the shore and not the boat nor the opposite direction... if you look over your rear shoulder, the rope will unwind you... if you look at the boat you'll sink the nose of your board and crash...