Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
So, I have taken two sets on the reflex and have come to this conclusion. In my opinion this board is a scaled down version of ...God. I like everything about it 100 times better than any board I have ever ridden. Edges fast but not too fast. Lands smooth in the flats. The rolled tip and tail are very forgiving for blind landing's. It releases off the wake with a nice upward pop while throwing you out a little. The initial kick is not as hard as the 09 Recoil. It is a little less abrupt. It in no way releases early. I also got to experience how it rode in almost white caps. It took the chop better than any other board. It was a little bit looser than a recoil w 8in fins, but no where near as loose as a recoil w 6in fins(reflex comes with 6in. fins). The center seems stiffer than the recoil and the tail loads as you cut then it snaps off the wake with a lot of intensity. I would recommend this board to anyone. Especially someone who thinks a aggressive 3 stage is too slow and thinks a continuous does not pop very well. It take's the good qualities of each style board combines them in one good looking board.
Upload
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-11-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
it is desperately good looking
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-12-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Sick dude! Glade your stoked, now lets see some ridin pics.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-12-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have been considering this board over the recoil for a behind the boat board. I like the pop of a 3 stage, but hate how slow it is, i currently ride a watson behind my mobius, which has a ridiculously wide wake at 75'.
Old    Slingshot            02-12-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
Hey Andrew, I would recommend if you can, demo both the recoil and the reflex. The 09 Recoil rides different from the 07-08 models. It responds better in the turns because the tip and tail are cut different. It rides smoother. I am a response guy and never really cared for the recoil, but I really liked the 09 recoil. Its a sick ride and it feels a little faster. The Reflex will be a faster board with not as much abrupt pop as the Recoil, but will still have that 3 stage feel. Hope that helps.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-12-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
no chance to demo, frozen lakes and mimimal wakeboard shops around ontario. I couldnt even tell ya the name of a shop that carries or will carry slingshot or company here. So I will be demoing the day it arrives in the mail....
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Thats a SICK set-up.Ive heard nothing but good things about this board!!!

Eyekahn, you should come up and ride at the rail park. Shoot me a PM here or on EORG when you are interested in coming up..Ive heard from several guys in your area that wanna come. yall should def arrange to make a trip!! Ive been riding everyday there for the past 2 weeks.

CH

(Message edited by chrishopf on February 12, 2009)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-12-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
I am also considering a recoil or response....maybe Company Recruit (depending on the reviews) and also diggin' the Sine boards. Thanks for the review. In the ss description it says the reflex is designed for sliders. Does it have a hybrid rocker?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
The Reflex has a more subtle three-stage rocker, while the recoil is more a pure 3 stage if not abrupt 3 stage. and the response is continuous. Soo the reflex has a rocker line style that is between the two, a hybrid.

The description does indeed make the reflex sound to be more of a rail rider than the other boards, but this is not so. the reflex is just as good on the wake as the others and the others are just as good on the rails as the reflex. it just comes down to style preference.

Rob Jacques rides the reflex and is well known for his rail riding,which may partially describe the reason for the extra emphasis placed on rail riding in the description.

on an additional note, the reflex also puts emphasis on the dura base in the description and can sound like it is the only model with the feature. ALL models have the dura base
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
here ya go cosmocat... and anyone else

quote:

By Rob Jacques (rob_jacques) on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 6:10 am: Edit Post Delete Post
Just wanted to jump in here and say that the rocker was designed with the wake in mind for sure. This is the board I ride full time, wake and rails. It has a subtle 3-stage rocker as opposed to the recoils abrupt 3-stage and the responses continuous rocker. So its a really nice merger of the two previous boards, Its not as crazy explosive as the recoil but it has just a little more snap than the response. I hope this helps.

Shralp on brothers!

quote taken from this thread, "The Reflex?" here
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/647531.html

(Message edited by wakerider111 on February 12, 2009)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-14-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
Glad your stoked about the board. Thanks for the review EyeKahn, and thanks Jeremy for the reference. I am looking a the 137 Reflex along with company and Sine. In your honest opinion, are the landings in he flats softer than conventional boards? Does the flex tech really make that much difference? Thanks.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-15-2009, 5:07 AM Reply   
Yes. Landed smoother than the watson and it was smoother than the recoil because the rocker kicks you out more.