Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
So I already have 2 speakers up there anyone have some tips on adding 2 more. Obviously I'd like it to be as easy as possible so if anyone has any quick tips I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Run them 2ohm. Add a wire from your existing speaker to the next. 2 speakers per amp channel.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
I wondered if that would work well enough. I knew it would power the in line speaker but didn't know if it would drop the amp down to 2 ohms which is what I want. Are you certain it drops the ohm load? Again thanks
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yup it sure will. Be carefull and check what ohm your existing speakers are, some like skylon are 3 ohms which when adding another set will produce a 1.5 ohm load which most amps can't handle.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Thanks guys I appreciate it and I've checked the speakers ohm and they are at 4 so I'm solid there. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old     (bluedevil)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
I'm having the same difficulties right now sort of. I'm having trouble running all my wire for 4 speakers through the tower. I can get two through, I have 4 ohm Kicker 6.5's, and I have a two or four channel amp.

My question is how would the wiring go to drop it down to the 2 ohm so I don't have to try and run all that wire?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-09-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Run the two you have through to two of the speakers, then jump off each of those two to the speaker next to it from the positive to positive, and the negative to negative. This will give you your 2 ohm load on your amp.