Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    jfair            07-16-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
What does anyone know about this tower? I hear there me some stability issues. Anything else? How do the built in speakers sound. Would i need to get additional speakers?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-16-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
It shakes pretty bad from side to side. Illusion is the stiffest tower that I know of.....
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-16-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
Mine was very stiff and did not shake much from side-to-side. However, I have heard of some that did, so perhaps they had some consistency problems with the carbon fiber.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-17-2006, 12:02 AM Reply   
They have taken it off u can't even order them any more im pretty sure!! i heard that they were really shaky to!!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-17-2006, 12:44 AM Reply   
The Blade was actually a great tower. Unfortunately, the company that made them couldn't keep up with demand and that's why Malibu is no longer offering them. Hopefully, we'll see the tower again in the future.
Old    ilovetrains            07-17-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I believe there were two versions, the second features a boat color insert, and rubber edges. From what I have seen of people actually running the tower, as opposed to those whose "friend" has one, they are very solid and perform well. The speakers are a matter of choice, but are easily upgraded. I do however believe that you are somewhat limited as to what else you can mount on the tower as it does not have any traditionaly mounting points for speakers, etc.